onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Extinction Rebellion versus brexit

Valiant62

The problem is CO2 induced Global warming, Climate Change and now Climate Breakdown (Whatever that means) has been allowed to run unchallenged for far too long resulting in this topic becoming a dogma, a religion, the politicians and media have got involved and any true facts and commonsense has gone out of the window resulting in chaos and madness involving ignorant left wing activists on the streets.

Carbon Dioxide is not a pollutant, it is essential for all life on earth. CO2 levels are presently at 400ppm (Parts per million)in the atmosphere, over the life of the earth levels have have been at thousands of ppm at times.

The only way to change this debate/narrative is for the other side of the story to be told by the media/politicians but due to the left wing bias there's little chance of this happening, at least the USA has taken a stance. At least the other side of the story is appearing on the web and Youtube and other alternative media.

https://co2coalition.org/

Advert

Take a look at the green new deal the democrats are behind in the USA... bet they drop it before elections.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is the Democrat politician behind the Green New Deal in the USA, it is sheer madness. Patrick Moore (Former Co-founder of Greenpeace) and others tells it how it is better than I could.

The problem is CO2 induced Global warming, Climate Change and now Climate Breakdown (Whatever that means) has been allowed to run unchallenged for far too long resulting in this topic becoming a dogma, a religion, the politicians and media have got involved and any true facts and commonsense has gone out of the window resulting in chaos and madness involving ignorant left wing activists on the streets.

Carbon Dioxide is not a pollutant, it is essential for all life on earth. CO2 levels are presently at 400ppm (Parts per million)in the atmosphere, over the life of the earth levels have have been at thousands of ppm at times.

The only way to change this debate/narrative is for the other side of the story to be told by the media/politicians but due to the left wing bias there's little chance of this happening, at least the USA has taken a stance. At least the other side of the story is appearing on the web and Youtube and other alternative media.

https://co2coalition.org/

CO2 is not a pollutant. Says you. How do you know?

over the life of the earth levels have have been at thousands of ppm at times.

Absolutely, at times such as when the South Pole was covered in forests and stalked by dinosaurs. Because there was a **** load of CO2 knocking around.

Why are you so rabid about this? Do you not think that erring on the safe side, accepting the fact that just setting this resource on fire is a waste to put in mildly, and causes all kinds of pollution problems, is a good idea? Globa;l warming aside.

Your opinion is bizarre. What do you do, turn your heating up, start fires and rejoice in the fact you've put extra CO2 in the atmosphere because it is good for us. Spunk off at getting your lekkie from coal. And driving around in your SUV.

Nuts. Mad. Nonsensical. I've come across some garbage here but you my friend take the biscuit.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is the Democrat politician behind the Green New Deal in the USA, it is sheer madness. Patrick Moore (Former Co-founder of Greenpeace) and others tells it how it is better than I could.

She is the front of the deal, at the moment the democrats are backing it...... it will probably get dumped come elections.

She is the front of the deal, at the moment the democrats are backing it...... it will probably get dumped come elections.

Climate change get's no votes. People don't like inconvenience. Like to buy a smaller car, and turn their heating down a bit. On this subject, for all eco warriors on here, who owns a car? I don't. I ride a bike. I take no lectures from anyone who owns a car.

Climate change get's no votes. People don't like inconvenience. Like to buy a smaller car, and turn their heating down a bit. On this subject, for all eco warriors on here, who owns a car? I don't. I ride a bike. I take no lectures from anyone who owns a car.

Have a heart mate...... to knackered to ride a bike and even if I could riding in temperatures of 40c plus isn't something many would choose to do.

I don't have a small car and it's 34+ years old, been around the clock 3 times but I run it on gas not petrol, a lot of the heavy trucks here run on gas too. My weekly none recyclable waste wouldn't half fill a carrier bag.... we do our best.... I use the word WE loosely ...... bikes are a step to far.

CO2 is not a pollutant. Says you. How do you know?

over the life of the earth levels have have been at thousands of ppm at times.

Absolutely, at times such as when the South Pole was covered in forests and stalked by dinosaurs. Because there was a **** load of CO2 knocking around.

Why are you so rabid about this? Do you not think that erring on the safe side, accepting the fact that just setting this resource on fire is a waste to put in mildly, and causes all kinds of pollution problems, is a good idea? Globa;l warming aside.

Your opinion is bizarre. What do you do, turn your heating up, start fires and rejoice in the fact you've put extra CO2 in the atmosphere because it is good for us. Spunk off at getting your lekkie from coal. And driving around in your SUV.

Nuts. Mad. Nonsensical. I've come across some garbage here but you my friend take the biscuit.

Not being rabid, just giving my opinion. What a pathetic statements especially from someone who claims to be a lecturer at a University. In Massachusetts during the winter you certainly need heat and I don't drive around in an SUV. Come over to Boston, a proper chemistry town and learn something.

Back to CO2, everything is toxic to humans at some dose/exposure. The levels of Carbon Dioxide in the air at the moment are 400ppm, at 10,000ppm (Levels never reported in the earths atmosphere as far as I'm aware) it makes humans feel drowzy/ill but it isn't 'til it gets to >70,000ppm that it has serious effects on humans. Compare that with the toxicity of Carbon Monoxide where levels of ca 100ppm are considered dangerous, hence why we have CO and not CO2 detectors in our homes.

There is a reason for the difference in the toxicity of CO2 and CO, explain it to me otherwise I can give you a lesson on the relationship between chemical structure, pharmacokinetics and toxicity.

Ask yourself this question, "How did life on earth evolve if your inference that Carbon Dioxide is so "toxic" is true when the reported levels of Carbon Dioxide in the atmosphere at times over the life of earth have been as high as 2 or 3 thousand ppm. Since you won't answer the question I'll answer it for you, because at 2-3 thousand ppm CO2 is not toxic to humans or their ancestors, if it were life on earth as we know it would probably not exist.

Try making a post and not being rude or abusive, I bet your pissed being caught demonstrating in London.

• 2 weeks later...

Paralysing London is not the answer.We deserve a lot of credit for cutting carbon emissions faster than most other countries but until the USA and China come on board it's futile.

In the words of Jezza's brother Piers,"I am an actual scientist of physics,meteorology,astrophysics and climate and say Greta Thunberg is wrong".

I see the Welsh have declared a "Climate Emergency", is someone gonna look at the sky and forbid the clouds to appear.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-politics-48093720

No point in Wales declaring an 'Emergency' if the likes of China and the USA do nothing?

If they feel so strongly about it,go and sit down in the middle of Beijing and see what happens?

Not being part of Extinction Rebellion does NOT mean being dismissive of climate change! Some of us protest to our MPs and Councillors, and to Big Business about decisions that are made with scant regard to climate change and the environment. Some of us adapt our lifestyles so we have as little adverse impact as possible. We don't need to join a disruptive rabble whose aims are vague and questionable, and whose actions may have the opposite effect to these aims? e.g - Emma Thompson is said to have flown several thousand miles to join the protest - but, that's ok because she's a high-profile luvvy, not a family taking their family on a well-deserved break. For all we know, ER could just be another bunch of Leftie anarchists, whose brief is to disrupt the country in any way possible? - like the Occupy lot.

If they want to prove a point by demonstrating let them do it in Tianemen Square in China which is the biggest polluter and see how China deals with demonstrators.

No point in Wales declaring an 'Emergency' if the likes of China and the USA do nothing?

If they feel so strongly about it,go and sit down in the middle of Beijing and see what happens?

As far as I'm aware Trump didn't sign or has pulled America out of the Paris Accord.

Also China and India weren't covered by the Paris Accord or something similar, it didn't apply to them, you couldn't make it up.

As far as I'm aware Trump didn't sign or has pulled America out of the Paris Accord.

Also China and India weren't covered by the Paris Accord or something similar, it didn't apply to them, you couldn't make it up.

Exactly,if they don't sign up nothing significantly will change?

They are protesting in the wrong country.

We can do our (bit) but it will never be enough.

We can show a bit of leadership and get our own house in order.

Absoltely. We can put our own house in order. And can set an example. It is a drop in the ocean in the overall scheme of things, but that is a very good point.

Archived