onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Give Aspin a break

Valiant9

I watched liverpool as the players went off after beating Huddersfield tonight.

Not one of the Liverpool players went further than the 18 yard box to clap their fans.

Everytime i ever watched Aspo play for Vale home and particularly away he always came to the byline and thanked us for supporting them win,lose or draw.

Its our turn now to back him, and not turn on him.

We are better than the last few seasons

He's has improved our team and i think it will get even better giving him more time

No doubt about it in my mind, he loves Vale and strives for our improvement

What more can you ask?

Advert

Clearing off Kay, Pugh and Tonge won't free up that much as they aren't on great money. If the club wants to progress under Aspin then the budget has to be increased.
Accrington Stanley, Burton Albion, Leicester City, but in general I agree with you. I think we have got one player who has a chance one day of playing in the Premier League from what I have seen so far this season and that is Idris Kanu.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

I watched liverpool as the players went off after beating Huddersfield tonight.

Not one of the Liverpool players went further than the 18 yard box to clap their fans.

Everytime i ever watched Aspo play for Vale home and particularly away he always came to the byline and thanked us for supporting them win,lose or draw.

Its our turn now to back him, and not turn on him.

We are better than the last few seasons

He's has improved our team and i think it will get even better giving him more time

No doubt about it in my mind, he loves Vale and strives for our improvement

What more can you ask?

Exactly, this doesnt make him immune from criticism by any means, but anyone who thinks somebodys going to come in and turn us into top 2 or top 6 after last season is nuts! And who would we be expecting to get? I just think barring a disaster like another relegation scrap, which isn't going happen, who else to give our time and patience to than this guy who has got genuine feelings for our wonderful club.

Add Lainton, Davis, Barnett, the 5 loan players plus Angus and Daniels then it will.

What? Clark, Kanu and Dodds all played on Saturday and Hardcastle was on the bench. Three young lads who we'll be paying hardly anything for and Dodds who has half his wages paid by Chesterfield. We will need another five loan players next season.

Lainton and Barnett should have much of their wages being paid by Wrexham and Cheltenham. Angus was a non-league chancer on next to nothing one would imagine.

Where are the savings to be made in the budget? Apsin isn't going to get us promoted on a shoestring budget. He's 53 and hasn't proved himself to be miracle worker yet so I don't think he's going to start anytime soon. Smurthwaite needs to give him a promotion budget if we are to get promoted. Not an unreasonable request for one of the biggest clubs in the division with the Hugill money still untouched.

Clearing off Kay, Pugh and Tonge won't free up that much as they aren't on great money. If the club wants to progress under Aspin then the budget has to be increased.

The budget doesn't need to be increased as we have received £2.4m since January 2017.

This should be invested wisely into the playing side. I would trust Aspin to do that as he seems to have a good eye for a player (on the whole). Where he is lacking is settling on his preferred system and giving an 11 a run of games playing together.

For the club to progress, we need a new owner.

What? Clark, Kanu and Dodds all played on Saturday and Hardcastle was on the bench. Three young lads who we'll be paying hardly anything for and Dodds who has half his wages paid by Chesterfield. We will need another five loan players next season.

Lainton and Barnett should have much of their wages being paid by Wrexham and Cheltenham. Angus was a non-league chancer on next to nothing one would imagine.

Where are the savings to be made in the budget? Apsin isn't going to get us promoted on a shoestring budget. He's 53 and hasn't proved himself to be miracle worker yet so I don't think he's going to start anytime soon. Smurthwaite needs to give him a promotion budget if we are to get promoted. Not an unreasonable request for one of the biggest clubs in the division with the Hugill money still untouched.

He kept us up last season ,that was a miracle!

He kept us up last season ,that was a miracle!

Needing to finish outside the bottom two from a 24 team league where you have the division's ninth highest scorer playing every week doesn't really compare to feeding the 5,000 with a loaf of bread and a few fish for me.

I am not looking for a manager that will immediately turn us into a top 6 team. I am looking or a manager that buys well (he has generally done that with a few shortfalls), is tactically aware, knows his best teams, doesn't panic when we lose a game, goes out to win rather than not to get beaten and is a good man manager.

Unfortunately I don't have any faith in Aspin. I want to but i don't. I've had my doubts since January. He hasn't shown us any signs of being a good manager other than his recruitment.

I hope I'm proved wrong but I don't think he is the man to take us forward unless he gets in a coach with more technical know how and to whom Aspin will listen.

totally agree. I was one who reacted after the Lincoln game not really for the team selection but just for the defensive display, team selection I think every fan would name a different starting 11 so aspins the manager he chose a team he thought would do a job against a strong team we actually created some good chances but when you concede like we did you gave yourself no chance but to come back like we did against Oldham shows aspin and the team are on the same page. midde table finish would be a good finish after last season anything above that would be superb, the problem we've got is holding on to players hannant clark whitfield manny need to be kept till the end of the season, we can't keep coming out of the January transfer window worse off and then struggle for the remainder of the season.

Archived