onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mid-week Attendances - What Can Be Done?

I don't think that even doing a special deal for when we have consecutive games would work either. We've tried it in the past and its not yielded much return in the attendances.

We really haven't tried it at all - they've been so poorly promoted and publicised that they have, unsurprisingly, flopped.

Advert

Given the number of season ticket holders we have, how many actually paid last night? Maybe the £10 admission isn't a bad idea, given both Stoke were at home (wtf) and there was loads on TV. Funnily enough, I was listening to Radio Stoke on the way down and they were saying what a buzz there was, plus, I parked on the Coop car park and that was busy so the gate really surprised me.

Given the number of season ticket holders we have, how many actually paid last night? Maybe the £10 admission isn't a bad idea, given both Stoke were at home (wtf) and there was loads on TV. Funnily enough, I was listening to Radio Stoke on the way down and they were saying what a buzz there was, plus, I parked on the Coop car park and that was busy so the gate really surprised me.
It would be interesting to know, STs on shifts or lots living well out of the area would not be there, as well as many other reasons. I would think anyone paying to go to a Saturday game should have a discount to a following mid week game, and even a voucher to bring along a mate for £5.

For me it’s just that as the years have gone by I’ve slowly moved further away from Burslem. So now I wouldn’t get home until 11:40 if I’m lucky. It’s not the price that puts me off but I think that the other options on offer are too tempting for a lot of people.

If we were near the top though I think I might be more likely to go and so would others

There were a number of factors in tuesdays attendance being low.

Fans living out of the area unable to make it.

Champions league of tv.

Vale game available live on I follow.

Younger kids unable to come due to it being school next day.

Lards at home same night.

Over 200 less mkd fans than Exeter fans the previous game.

For those without a st 2 games in 3 days is expensive.

Every one of those points will have had an impact on the gate.

Colchester had 2400 in their all singing all dancing shiny new stadium. Also they are in the top 6.

Lots of contributory factors as many people have alluded to. In our case i will stand by what i always say, Vale fans will watch a winning team, challenging for at least the play-offs. This was proven in the last promotion campaign where we even pulled in 2700 against Tranmere in the first round of the Autoglass, that is now under a 1000 per game.

As a previous season ticket holder and now pay on the day punter i was there on Tuesday, but if the season drifts into mediocrity i sure won't be going the humdinger night games against the likes of Yeovil and Stevenage in the freezing cold.

Vale fans will come out once we have a succesful team.

The local bus services don't help either. If you live in Newcastle, Porthill or Bradwell, the last bus to Burslem is twenty past six and there isn't one back, which doesn't encourage non drivers or those who don't want to risk a ban by drinking. There's also no bus back to Talke after eight, and if I don't leave dead on half past nine, I have an hour wait for a bus to Tunstall. It doesn't encourage people to attend if you have to get taxis, or spend longer in the pub waiting when you've got to be up for work early. I'm sure there are plenty who would turn up otherwise.

The local bus services don't help either. If you live in Newcastle, Porthill or Bradwell, the last bus to Burslem is twenty past six and there isn't one back, which doesn't encourage non drivers or those who don't want to risk a ban by drinking. There's also no bus back to Talke after eight, and if I don't leave dead on half past nine, I have an hour wait for a bus to Tunstall. It doesn't encourage people to attend if you have to get taxis, or spend longer in the pub waiting when you've got to be up for work early. I'm sure there are plenty who would turn up otherwise.

I think local bus companies could be approached to put on ‘football specials’.Back in the day there was this type of transport available,especially to Stoke.(PMT).Even local taxi firms could offer their mini buses for use.6 of us oocasionally use a large taxi from Newcastle to Vale.It works out ,for a return ,about £3pp.

Living in Portsmouth public transport to vale games determines my attendance at times.I can't get to Yeovil or Stevenage midweek so won't be going.Those bus times for locals are abysmal and will no doubt affect some people's attendance.

That is staggering. Wasn't aware of that, and having looked at their website basically unless you can afford taxis you are stuffed if you live in those areas.

One way that could improve night match attendances, is to stop back to back home matches, where it involves a night match, or is that to simple for the football league fixture compilers.
Would it make much difference playing on the Tuesday night prior to a Saturday instead of after a Saturday?

Archived