onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where is the money

Iron Curtain

In the year prior to the last accounts when we made a loss, you need to ask why there was no income under certain lines in the accounts - like from the shop for example.

I looked at Tranmere’s accounts after Saturday. Their football income was £1.8 million and their commercial income was an amazing £3.5 million. And this was for a club in non league. How can they generate that sort of cash and make a profit in excess of half a million when Norman seems to make a substantial loss each year with a league club?

I have absolutely no idea however they are very impressive figures. £3.5m in commercial revenue??? I’d be amazed if ours was even 50% of that. Probably less than 20%.

It’s not just Norman though is it. For as long as I can remember, going back under the 3 previous owners in my lifetime (Bell, V2001 and Gorm), we seem to have run at an operating loss, relying on player sales to break even. Why is this?

Advert

What on earth is this denial?

Fact: Port Vale is guaranteed to make £1.9m from the sale of Jordan Hugill.

Fact: Port Vale made at least 200k from the sales of Alnwick and Grant

Fact: There has been at least one, probably several, exclusivity payments

Fact: We have sold 3 youth teamers and received compensation.

We're either making money and not seeing it, or Norm is literally the most incompetent chairman in football history, if those incomes stated above can't even cover the shortfall in the business.

If we are still losing money after all that income, Norm has to go as he doesn't know how to run a business.

If we are making money after all that income, Norm has to go as he isn't reinvesting Port Vale's money into Port Vale.

Pick one.

The monies received from transfers,all of which come in instalments,offset the losses the club makes.We’ll have to wait and see which other players come to the club ,on loan in this window and/or in January.All this buying players is for the fairies until January.Very few clubs in League 2 buy players,they don’t have the income.

Let me get this right,Vale makes money,people want rid of Smurthwaite but want him to put his hand in his pocket.Ok.

Yes that's right. Put his hand in his pocket and take out some of the money that he has taken out of Port Vale Football Club and spend it on improving the club and the playing squad. Not exactly rocket science.

The monies received from transfers,all of which come in instalments,offset the losses the club makes.We’ll have to wait and see which other players come to the club ,on loan in this window and/or in January.All this buying players is for the fairies until January.Very few clubs in League 2 buy players,they don’t have the income.

How is a tinpot League 2 outfit with a squad not good enough for top 7 making losses substantial enough that a guaranteed 600k every 6 months just about offsets them?

We've made more money from players and exclusivity payments in the past 2 years than we have since the 90s, and you still think its all going towards the running costs?

I'll ask again; lets suppose you are right, and the money is using to offset the losses. Don't you think its worrying that the business is being run so poorly that we face such huge losses, without a playing staff to show for it?

What exactly is the current budget?If you think Port Vale makes money then you need help.Nobody is making excuses,the same as you can’t prove what you are saying.

If you think we are going to turn the mess caused by Norman around without investing a portion of those funds then you are the one that needs help.

It’s certainly not going to happen on the back of Norman’s brilliant tactical management of the football club is it. 😂😂😂😂

Norman apparently wants to correct his mistakes he keeps telling us.

Norman receives a windfall of £1.9m which is guaranteed to come into the club.

Norman buys amother football ground.

You can spin this any way you want, which you will.

But the point is that the level of reinvestment of the inflows has not been enough to turn this disaster zone, caused by Norman, around.

If your argument is “It’s Norman’s money he doesn’t have to reinvest it” then fine, I can’t argue with that.

But don’t make out it’s not been invested because of accounting or timing or any other bullsh*t excuse. It’s because he doesn’t want too.

Either way... not the owner that’s good for the club.

Let me get this right,Vale makes money,people want rid of Smurthwaite but want him to put his hand in his pocket.Ok.

How can the Vale not make money?! We've made £2.5m ASIDE from ST sales over the past 2 years. What sort of shambles do you think is being run up there?

Last time I'll say it: we're either making money and not seeing, meaning Smurf isn't reinvesting OUR clubs money, or we losing money and thats where the incomes gone, suggesting we're woefully run and Norm has literally no idea as to how to run a football club.

Yes that's right. Put his hand in his pocket and take out some of the money that he has taken out of Port Vale Football Club and spend it on improving the club and the playing squad. Not exactly rocket science.

You along with others can’t answer the question.What is this season’s budget?Transfer income aside,we can only spend 55% of revenue,as we are a League 2 club,

You along with others can’t answer the question.What is this season’s budget?Transfer income aside,we can only spend 55% of revenue,as we are a League 2 club,

That works both ways... You can’t tell me what the budget is either!

What you can answer but won’t... is whether a club looking to push on (or correct it’s mistakes) should reinvest a portion of a £2m + windfall.

As others say... if the club is run so badly that £2m is swallowed then the owner really does need to go.

Re your 55% comment... Why are you putting transfer income aside???

How is a tinpot League 2 outfit with a squad not good enough for top 7 making losses substantial enough that a guaranteed 600k every 6 months just about offsets them?

We've made more money from players and exclusivity payments in the past 2 years than we have since the 90s, and you still think its all going towards the running costs?

I'll ask again; lets suppose you are right, and the money is using to offset the losses. Don't you think its worrying that the business is being run so poorly that we face such huge losses, without a playing staff to show for it?

Hughill money is received January 2018,2019,2020,Hagrid.Keeps the club going.

That works both ways... You can’t tell me what the budget is either!

What you can answer but won’t... is whether a club looking to push on (or correct it’s mistakes) should reinvest a portion of a £2m + windfall.

As others say... if the club is run so badly that £2m is swallowed then the owner really does need to go.

Re your 55% comment... Why are you putting transfer income aside???

Transfer income can used on top of the 55%.Of course ,if you blow the lot your losses increase.Do you think money may be available in January?Wait and See is my suggestion.This club has,with the odd season exception,never made money,even in the 90s.

Not enough I think was his response.

Bringing us back to his stupid valuation which suits one person and one person only... Norman.

He has said that he will correct his errors. The error where he removed a manager who had us upper mid table league one and replaced him with a continental experiment which saw us avoide relegation from the football league by one point.

I don’t think he has corrected that error yet.

And a windfall of £2m seems like an opportunity to do that does it not?

Archived