onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Squad Numbers

PV1973

Looked like the squad numbers were revealed today for those players that made the squad and weren’t injured. I’m not sure of the missing numbers though.

1 Brown

2 Gibbons

3 Montano

4 Joyce

7 Worrall

8 Oyeleke

9 Pope

11 Hannant

13 Rallinson

14 Quigley

15 Smith

16 Pugh

17 Kanu

18 Tonge

19 Dodds

20 Daniels

Advert

I didn’t think clubs used 13 either. But we have. I’m assuming Hornby was 12. Montano is 3.

Quite a few Premier League goalkeepers have number 13 but not so many in the EFL. Maybe the number 13 is not deemed to be unlucky in other countries.

Theo Vassell will probably be 16

Do we usually have a number 13 ?

Very rarely. Levi Reid, Martin Paterson and loanee David Beresford are the only outfield players I can think of who wore 13 since we started wearing squad numbers in 1999. Kevin Pilkington wore 13 that year but since then goalkeepers have tended to be number 12 more often than not.

Very rarely. Levi Reid, Martin Paterson and loanee David Beresford are the only outfield players I can think of who wore 13 since we started wearing squad numbers in 1999. Kevin Pilkington wore 13 that year but since then goalkeepers have tended to be number 12 more often than not.
Jesus what a horrible hall of fame that is!

Wonder if Aspo's different formation included a back 5.

In Gibbons & Montano we have two players made for the roles and with Vassell, Legge, Rawlinson & Smith (& with Hoskins on the radar) we have candidates for a central three. I was impressed with Vassell's half @ Kidsgrove and Smith looked good yesterday.

We then have a choice of Worrall, Oyeleke, Joyce & Hannant for the midfield three.

Up front Pope & Miller look to be a shoe in, but so far Quigley has looked strong & determined to keep Popey on his toes. Apart from him we have Dodds & Kanu to come off the bench.

On paper at least we look pretty good.

Looked like the squad numbers were revealed today for those players that made the squad and weren’t injured. I’m not sure of the missing numbers though.

1 Brown

2 Gibbons

3 Montano

4 Joyce

5 Legge

6 Kay

7 Worrall

8 Oyeleke

9 Pope

11 Hannant

12 Hornby

13 Rallinson

14 Quigley

15 Smith

16 Pugh

17 Kanu

18 Tonge

19 Dodds

20 Daniels

Filled in a few blanks from last night.

There's a few interesting numbers of note - number 10 I assume will be Miller for a start. It's interesting that Pugh changed [down] number, so I guess that'll mean he's further down the pecking order. Also, why change Smith if not to something more predominantly common for a centre half?

I suppose numbers are numbers though and don't particularly mean much.

Archived