onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Starting 11 18/19

TylerB

I wasn't exactly signing Aapin's praises last season despite him keeping us up by the skin of his teeth, but fair play, he seems to know exactly what we need and is going along nicely currently in bringing those players into the club. Our potential starting 11 is taking shape, and we're already looking a better outfit than last season. If we could sign Dennis, and it is a big if, then things will look quite promising all of a sudden.

Brown

Gibbons

Smith

Legge

Montano

Worrall

Joyce

Creative center-mid

Winger

Pope

Dennis?

Subs: (as of yet)

Hornby

Rawlinson

Kay

Pugh

Hannant

???

???

Smith and Gibbons will be better next season after a learning experience in the last campaign, in a more physical league, and Hannant, who showed promise, should also be better still also.

Advert

Don't forget Joyce in midfield.

Crikey, oh yeah!

Replace Kay with Joyce then. I just hope Aspin doesn't intend to play them together in the middle of the park. We nadly need some creativeness, someone in the Bridge-Wilkinson mould would be nice.

I wasn't exactly signing Aapin's praises last season despite him keeping us up by the skin of his teeth, but fair play, he seems to know exactly what we need and is going along nicely currently in bringing those players into the club. Our potential starting 11 is taking shape, and we're already looking a better outfit than last season. If we could sign Dennis, and it is a big if, then things will look quite promising all of a sudden.

Brown

Gibbons

Smith

Legge

Montano

Worrall

Joyce

Creative center-mid

Winger

Pope

Dennis?

Subs: (as of yet)

Hornby

Rawlinson

Kay

Pugh

Hannant

???

???

Smith and Gibbons will be better next season after a learning experience in the last campaign, in a more physical league, and Hannant, who showed promise, should also be better still also.

Hannant starts for me, i'm expecting him to chip in with a few. Played in a struggling relegation battle and rarely looked out of place. Rough edges obviously but for me i am expecting him to kick on and be a really decent player.

I sort of back Hannant to be the creative player.

He was lobbed on the left last season but he's direct, relatively creative (his flick through to Turner for Pope's goal away at Mansfield was juicy) and covers loads of ground.

It'd be nice to obtain a proper ball playing CM but they're rare at this level.

Brown

Gibbons

Legge

Smith

Montano

Worrall

Joyce

Hannant

Daniels?

Pope

Striker (I'd have Dennis too)

If Pope does play alone at times, could maybe stick Kay/Joyce in as holding roles, with the 3 of Worrall/Hannant/Daniels (or someone else as the 3rd) playing higher up closer to him, so a 4-2-3-1?

The starting 11 is looking much more healthier already. After watching Aspins football last season it’s more than likely that we will line up with one up front. Unless we somehow pull a miracle off and sign Dennis. I can’t see it happening though. Therefore, I think we will go with a 4-2-3-1 formation to start with.

Brown

Gibbons

Legge

Smith

Montano

Kay

Joyce

Worral

New CAM

Hannant

Pope

Kay and Joyce as holding midfields. Worral wise right and Hannant wide left. I’d be very surprised if we didn’t see something like that in 8 weeks. The spine of the 11 is very strong and it’s looking much more promising.

I’d say in Brown, Gibbons, Legge, Smith, Montano, Joyce, Worrall, Hannant and Pope, most Vale fans would believe we have 9 of our 11 starters come August.

A striker and attacking midfielder are now needed to add to this line up.

We also still need a young reserve keeper we can send out on loan (surprised we got rid of Slinn), a couple of back up full backs, another winger/attacking midfielder and another striker.

All this however depends on whether we can get rid of the unwanted 4!!

The starting 11 is looking much more healthier already. After watching Aspins football last season it’s more than likely that we will line up with one up front. Unless we somehow pull a miracle off and sign Dennis. I can’t see it happening though. Therefore, I think we will go with a 4-2-3-1 formation to start with.

Brown

Gibbons

Legge

Smith

Montano

Kay

Joyce

Worral

New CAM

Hannant

Pope

Kay and Joyce as holding midfields. Worral wise right and Hannant wide left. I’d be very surprised if we didn’t see something like that in 8 weeks. The spine of the 11 is very strong and it’s looking much more promising.

Speaking to Popey,s dad on Sunday, and Tom’s said he can’t play another season on his own up front.

As it stands, I think it will be more a 433/451 formation:

Brown - GK

Gibbons - RB

Legge - CB

Smith/Rawlinson - CB

Montano - LB

Kay - DM

Joyce - DM

Worral - RM

Hannant - AMC

Dior/Daniels - LM

Pope - CF

On paper, that looks a fairly decent starting 11 (provided the wide players push on to be near to Pope) even before any more signings, and the absence of both Tonge and Pugh is a given!

IF we sign Dennis, then I would expect a more 442 style, with Dennis replacing Dior.

Starting 11 for me

Brown

NRB Legge Rawlinson(NCB) Montano

Joyce NCM

Worrall NAM Hannant (Daniels )

Pope NsrX 2

So still alot of players to get in yet

Subs

Hornby Smith Kay Pugh Tonge NAM Hannant or Daniels Nstr Gibbons .

So most of last seasons players only to be used as back up .

More legs required especially up front .

So i make it at least 6 more players required then its a matter of seeing if we an move on or move the other players on or into another role at the club .

Looking forwards to seeing the first xl in the first game it will be very telling of whether Aspo has his men .

I hope he does have .

UTV

Starting 11 for me

Brown

NRB Legge Rawlinson(NCB) Montano

Joyce NCM

Worrall NAM Hannant (Daniels )

Pope NsrX 2

So still alot of players to get in yet

Subs

Hornby Smith Kay Pugh Tonge NAM Hannant or Daniels Nstr Gibbons .

So most of last seasons players only to be used as back up .

More legs required especially up front .

So i make it at least 6 more players required then its a matter of seeing if we an move on or move the other players on or into another role at the club .

Looking forwards to seeing the first xl in the first game it will be very telling of whether Aspo has his men .

I hope he does have .

UTV

Gibbons & Smith will be both be in the team in the first game despite you thinking they’re stokies

Gibbons & Smith will be both be in the team in the first game despite you thinking they’re stokies

Yes no doubt they will but i personally hope they are not .

Like i say every one to there own i hope they are not certainties to start every game thats for sure ,we need hungry players to be ready to step in if they are not doing the business but that applies to every player .

Our players were a collective dire last season hope there performances are fitting of wearing the famous Black and White

Archived