onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Don't boycott the game

windsorvale4ever

Advert

Forget 10k anyway, the main point is that, if you are stopping away in protest, it's pointless as you are only denying the club a fiver at best.

It isnt pointless

He saves paying cash on something he wouldnt enjoy . Gate price + pint + pie etc

He saves transport costs

He doesnt freeze

He doesnt develop a foul mood for the rest of the weekend.

He frees up 3 or 4 hours to do something enjoyable or useful.

In the words of someone else its win win.

Why is that aimed at me?

He is deluded for even mentioning "Lets get 10000 in Vale Park"

Il repeat for the 80th time.

Port Vale have an average crowd of around 5000 in the 4th division.

Port Vale have an excellent away following.

Why do you and others CONSTANTLY bring up about people not attending when in fact, our support is very healthy for a division 4 club?

You seem to like quoting my posts Tone.

Personally, from someone who lives abroad and has got to see 17 games this calendar year, to someone who has seen none, you can have your opinion no doubt about it but i dont think you are in a position to preach to other Vale supporters how they should support their club.

Sensitive today, aren't we? ;)

1. It wasn't "aimed" at you. It was a reply. This is a messageboard. We debate things.

2. You think it's deluded, I would say over-zealous.

3. You have not made that statement 80 times. That is a lie. :D

4. I do not CONSTANTLY bring up that people stay away. I agree we have an excellent away following and even a good home crowd for the league we are in. All credit to those who support the team (including you).

5. I don't quote your posts to the exclusion of others. You are neurotic if you believe that.

6. I envy your ability to go to 17 games this season. I usually get to one, maybe two but this year we came to UK in July for family reasons. I struggled to find a game on. I intended to go to Seattle or Vancouver, but that is a 2,000 mile trip (each way) and the cost was prohibitive in my current financial circumstances.

7. Not preaching, brother, just expressing a point of view. The only reason I am even typing this message is that I support the team. I would sooner forget everything else going on behind the scenes, as I am sure you would too.

Its got nothing to do with the cost for me, there just comes a point when you have to look after number 1. I'm sick of ruining my day by going to the Vale and coming away completely ******ed off. Angry at the way the club is run, angry at the crap we're watching, angry at the lack of ambition, angry at fans who are just happy that the club exists. I cant see anything positive attracting me to the club, nothing makes me think that I'll go to the match and come away thinking, that was value for money. It just doesn't excite me, and the club means so much to me that I let all of that emotion make me so frustrated that it turns me into a right miserable git. Hate feeling like that all the time, so I'm finding other ways to spend my hard earned from now on.

For me all fans should not boycott the torquay game, we have done the outside the main reception protest, walking through burslem to vale park one. its only a fiver to get in so if you do want to protest why not do it inside the ground make banners sing your hearts out against the board, but please the most important thing for me is get 100% behind the team we have got get winning again and the fans will play a massive part in that. lets get 10,000 in vale park on friday bring your mates family etc, show this board the potential this club really as got.

OK give me one positive reason to travel 205 miles to vale park from Portsmouth on a Friday night (paying my fuel for me might help!) :unsure:

why not dont you think that gate is reachable with all the stay away fans? yes we might got anywhere near it but if every vale fan came we would. thats been our problem vale fans always make excuses not to come. if you think every person who pays on the gate can bring 3 extra people for the price they normaly pay??

I am a season ticketholder and took someone who doesnt normally go the Vale to the Morecambe game. He wont becoming again even at a fiver, infact he wouldnt come if i paid him a fiver.

In retrospect it was a bad game to pick,but being honest there have been alot of those recently.

It isnt pointless

He saves paying cash on something he wouldnt enjoy . Gate price + pint + pie etc

He saves transport costs

He doesnt freeze

He doesnt develop a foul mood for the rest of the weekend.

He frees up 3 or 4 hours to do something enjoyable or useful.

In the words of someone else its win win.

Why don't you quit then?

Your happy enough to post on the internet about how much you shouldn't do something, why not just not do it and be quiet about it?

The way I see it....people moan that the tickets cost too much, yet when the best ticket promotion I can remember in years is announced the same people moan that it is either a sign the club is desperate or a sign that the chairman actually is bad, because he is doing something positive.

For me all fans should not boycott the torquay game, we have done the outside the main reception protest, walking through burslem to vale park one. its only a fiver to get in so if you do want to protest why not do it inside the ground make banners sing your hearts out against the board, but please the most important thing for me is get 100% behind the team we have got get winning again and the fans will play a massive part in that. lets get 10,000 in vale park on friday bring your mates family etc, show this board the potential this club really as got.

I'm not attending and that is different to boycotting. I am not attending because the recent offerings on the pitch have been pants and the only way I can register my disgust is by not bothering to go. It is not a boycott because I have decided that there are better things I would rather do on a Friday evening. It is up to the manager and the players to make me regret my decision and wish I had been there. Then maybe I will be at the next match

Archived