onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Q&A with Norman Smurthwaite - Supporters Club Mtg

robf

"Says he will cover the mistakes of the Bruno era"

All the **** that's happened since has been as a direct consequence of the Bruno era.

We've spent the last year and a bit chasing our losses from the Bruno era.

Funny as we were closer to knocking on the door of the play offs before and could have even built on that. We see we could have been alot closer to our rivals in the league if things had been done right.

Advert

He adds - forget how much the club will be sold for, it is more important who it is sold to.

He says he has turned down offers because of the nature of the bidders. Says if he was just chasing a dollar he wouldn’t have turned them down.

I'd be quite willing to take my chances with anyone willing to pay him the money. It would put us out of our misery if nothing else.

20:54

NS says he has had death threats.

NS Says he didn’t want to appoint Michael Brown, but says had he felt that strongly he could have intervened.

20:53

Q: Is it true the mentor given to you by the Football League was Karl Oyston at Blackpool?

NS: Yes true. He was given him by the league.

21:03

Neil Aspin finishes to applause.

Mark Porter announces 10 mins to go.

21:02

Neil Aspin addresses the crowd;

You have known Norman longer than me so I can only comment from when I have been here.

January is difficult to bring in any players, because clubs don’t let you have their best players.

The time to being players in is the summer.

The budget was given to the previous manager and it is his choice who he brought in.

It’s been well documented with Gavin Gunning - but that’s the only disagreement I have had with Norman. Other than that there has been no disagreement between us.

In terms of the budget, it is given at the start of the season and then he let’s the manager get on with it.

Time will tell if I am here next season and if I get a budget, then you can ask me then if i was backed. I can’t say now because we haven’t got to that stage,

But so far I can only speak since i have been here. We have had one disagreement since Gavin Gunning but other than that (none)

20:57

Q If we don’t stay up NA shouldn’t be made scapegoat (huge applause from the floor)

NS gives the mic to Neil Aspin and retires for a toilet break.

NS says he has had death threats.

21:07

Q Every other club near the bottom has done a ticket deal. Why not make Chesterfield game £10 a ticket?

NS: There is a process you have to follow. There will be a ticket initiative announced but it won’t be in time for next Friday’s game.

21:06

Q Fan thanks Norman for saving the club when he did (some jeers, but also applause from the floor).

Fan continues “I know he has made a few mistakes but it’s about time all Vale fans got behind the club. We are not behind the club when Michael Tonge gets man of the match and half the crowd are booing him.” (that last point is applauded)

Fan also says it was wrong for two or three fans to have a go at Neil Aspin after the Exeter game (that point is also applauded).

Archived