onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : Barnet v Port Vale

Fosse69

I'm being a realist. We shouldn't be in the middle of march and still not won a bloody match! It's not too much to ask! But as I said earlier he's a vale legend so that will excuse him for negative tactics and selections and and not to mention we havnt won this year!

The bit I love the most is that if you criticise him your a peado stoke fan... amazing.

He's been dealt **** we no that, awful squad poor backing but we should be doing much more than we currently are. There is no excuse for some of the **** that's been turning up. If it was brown the pitchforks would be out.

The pitchforks were only out with Brown because it was his team, that he had recruited. Last year no-one blamed him for the mess we were in.

Advert

Awful first half in which we were outfought in all departments.

Second half Pugh and Tonge got them going a bit (they must've been pretty decent for me to give them any credit because the bain of my life is paying money to watch two OAP's lost midfield battles every week) and we looked more up for it and pretty much dominated. Hannant was superb throughout, not only providing the legs in midfield but also the creativity going forward. Worrall and Harness were also a threat and Anton stuck to the task despite being isolated against two Barnet brutes for the majority. Smith and Davis battled hard against Akinde (who was eventually substituted after getting little joy) but I felt Raglan looked a bit shaky. Monty grew into the game and looks a threat running forward from that left sided position.

In all, we deserved at least a point and were the likelier of the two teams to take a the win, with Barnet producing just one shot on target throughout. The only negative would be the poor atmosphere - it's no fun without the hooligan element.

Surely the seated & quilted "real fans" made a load of noise?

Well what a dull game that was.

Boot didn't have much to do other than kick the ball out for every goal kick in the first half.

Raglan just hoofed it up the pitch every time he got it and it was his hoof that came back for their first goal.

Pugh and Tonge were none existent in the middle and were too scared to tackle or shoot. For their age you'd expect a bit of experience and composure. In reality, both of them would be lucky to get in a walking football team.

Forrester was lucky to score if it wasn't for a goalkeeper blunder and although he got a bit more stuck in for the second half he really doesn't look a threat up front and his movement is poor.

Worrall and Hannant I feel had a good game and created chances, whilst I was baffled with Aspin's substitution to take Harness off when he was our best player. Montano looked solid at left back too..had a good game apart from that shot that went way over the stand and nearly hit a passing tube...

Also I thought the Hive had a good set up...nice little ground

Yes...fairly sure Cheltenham (3) Morecambe (3) and Luton (4) found us negative and defensive.

Well done on pointing out those 3 games (out of 30).

I wasn't being critical of Aspin at all - just mentioning that Gateshead fans (who watched his teams for almost 2 years) did tell us that he has a tendency to produce dour & defensive football, so we shouldn't really be surprised if that is the case.

Still, we should all bow down to your (10%) argument!

I'm flattered you follow and remember my contributions so intently.

Its hard to forget when 90% of your posts, even when off topic, refer to the boisterous atmosphere.

We get it, you like it a bit lively. No need to take the mick out of the people who were there.

Archived