onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : Barnet v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Surely there can't be a single Vale fan backing Aspin now? It's him and him alone that will turn us into a non league club it's time for everyone to wake up and see what he has done.
Absolute b******ks it is the owner who hasn't put a penny in to help us get out of this mess.

It's always clear your wrong when you have to go searching to find the odd match that we havnt been negative and select one that we got battered :laugh: we have been extremely negative under aspin there is no way you can deny that. No win all year and we're half way through march, brilliant management.

To be fair we were all in agreement stay up at all costs when he was appointed and it looks like we will stay up. Maybe we should give you the job!

Absolute b******ks it is the owner who hasn't put a penny in to help us get out of this mess.
I agree the owner didn't give Aspin the funds to strengthen like he promised but Aspin has more than enough to work with but he's got every single player playing below themselves cus he's clueless, a manager shud be able to get the best out of players and improve them but the fact of the matter is every player is a worse player than when he took over.

It's always clear your wrong when you have to go searching to find the odd match that we havnt been negative and select one that we got battered :laugh: we have been extremely negative under aspin there is no way you can deny that. No win all year and we're half way through march, brilliant management.

It's points that matter.Surely the remit was survival.Did you really expect anything else.Give Aspin a chance with his own squad,next season.

I agree the owner didn't give Aspin the funds to strengthen like he promised but Aspin has more than enough to work with but he's got every single player playing below themselves cus he's clueless, a manager shud be able to get the best out of players and improve them but the fact of the matter is every player is a worse player than when he took over.

I don't why anyone is bothering to reply to the troll, its the same constant drivel in every matchday thread especially. Aspin has to keep us up and then we have to rebuild again for next season, thats the consequence of near on the last 2 years of upheaval and failed managers and ridiculous transfer policies. Anyone with any ounce of football common sense should be able to see that this is a long term job to fix, not one that can be done in 6 months.

Anyway back to the gamne. We got off to a terrible start and couldn't settle, maybe it was down to the PA blasting Guns n Roses even when the game had kicked off. Poor goal to concede as I don't think the lad who had the initial shot was closed down quickly enough. They did start the game quite brightly, the blonde centre mid was getting on the ball a lot, they were bringing their wingers in to the game and both full backs got skinned a couple of times. But I can't stress how bad we were first half.

I think we expected half time changes, they didn't come and the same team turned it around to get back in to the game and we even got a grip on it too, with much more pressure than the first half.

I think all the defenders that played did some good defensive work in the main, they are a real physical threat and a handful but it was a good battle that some of the players were having.

I was a strange atmosphere to the game, like a practice match almost due to the small crowd and the strange layout of the ground too. I must add that the away end here is excellent, its brand new with a huge bar area, with lots of TVs showing Sky sports and it was toasty warm as well. Friendly staff too.

You clearly didn’t see us before he took over

Replacement coach just turned up on way back now

Hope you all got back safe and sound mate. Respect to you for all the miles you put in supporting Vale. I'm usually there but I drive myself and last night I was unable to go due to work commitments today.

Did Barnet put any tea or coffee etc on for you lads and lasses during your lengthy stranding there?

I don’t know whether Aspo is a good Manager.

I do know that he has been dealt a ropey hand and is trying to get the best out of what he has.

As has been said many times, there are older players with consequent limitations and younger players with their limitations. Most of our players are very limited at this level either through inexperience or loss of mobility.

The older players are more reliable because of their experience; the younger ones perhaps have more energy.

In a situation like this, it makes sense to go for the more reliable option.

Either way is far from ideal, but there is less risk with the older players.

In the current set up, these youngsters are having too much responsibility too soon.

Inevitably, the pressure tells and mistakes happen.

This is all down to the flawed recruitment policy of the past couple of years.

We are ruining fledgling careers by chucking them in the deep end.

Sure, some will survive and flourish, but many won’t.

It is a thankless task being involved with the Port Vale shambles at any level in my opinion.

All we can hope for is to stagger to the end of the season and then start again.

Again!

I don’t know whether Aspo is a good Manager.

I do know that he has been dealt a ropey hand and is trying to get the best out of what he has.

As has been said many times, there are older players with consequent limitations and younger players with their limitations. Most of our players are very limited at this level either through inexperience or loss of mobility.

The older players are more reliable because of their experience; the younger ones perhaps have more energy.

In a situation like this, it makes sense to go for the more reliable option.

Either way is far from ideal, but there is less risk with the older players.

In the current set up, these youngsters are having too much responsibility too soon.

Inevitably, the pressure tells and mistakes happen.

This is all down to the flawed recruitment policy of the past couple of years.

We are ruining fledgling careers by chucking them in the deep end.

Sure, some will survive and flourish, but many won’t.

It is a thankless task being involved with the Port Vale shambles at any level in my opinion.

All we can hope for is to stagger to the end of the season and then start again.

Again!

The sad thing about all that is that we never even needed to be in that position. There was no need for what happened at the end of the 2015/16 season to happen. This situation has been self inflicted.

Are u seriously saying he has got our players playing better than before he took over?? Gibbons, Whitfield, Smith, Worral all worse players under him, wake up.

Gibbons had played about twice before he took over. Whitfield has played well under him but is struggling for form at the moment. Worrall looks a decent outlet going forward and is better at the moment than he was at the start of the season. And smith hasn’t hit the heights of last season.

this guys still here?? either a bit special or hes an agent for another manager

Archived