onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Happy leaving day brexiteers! We have officially left the EU! Wooo! We have our country back!!

Ration books are available here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1940s-Wartime-Memorabilia-Ration-Book-ID-Card-Label-KIDS-SET-School-Project-/272249007879

Brexit 50ps available here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/silverstan-Inspired-Designed-matching-produced/dp/B07MR11F98/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=brexit+50p&qid=1553855765&s=gateway&sr=8-5

Just been to the shops and apparently straight bananas are out of stock at the moment :cry:

We're you around when rationing was in place?

I grow bananas..... never seen a straight one yet..... must be difficult to cultivate as they grow upwards and inwards... although I have seen a square pineapple.

Advert

What a ridiculous statement.

What's ridiculous about posting a counter argument to experts opinions..... it's been stated that all the experts agree about the effects of brexit yet here is one that doesnt.... if the present governor of the bank of England is considered an expert and his opinion should be heeded then surely a previous governor of the bank of England is considered an expert and his opinion should be heeded.

You were putting words in my mouth.

I never said I wanted a civil war. I never said what I meant by "war". I never said I wanted to harm anyone (I actually said the direct opposite).

I don't believe I've done that.

In fact, I was quoting someone who had called for extreme state violence to be used against people who voted to leave should we leave with no deal. Pretty horrendous opinion if that is honestly held.

There will be riots if we don't leave. That's not me making a thread, condoning or supporting it. It's an observation and a prediction.

You meant a war where people sat down and discussed things civilly. Gotcha.

So much for parliament making decisions...... mps are being whipped to follow party line..... free choice for what mps think best for the country a secondary consideration when there is blood in the water.[/

Kate Hoey Labour MP said she was disgusted that Labour were using that tactic with the indicative votes.A free vote should have been used for each proposal by all parties.

So much for parliament making decisions...... mps are being whipped to follow party line..... free choice for what mps think best for the country a secondary consideration when there is blood in the water.[/

Kate Hoey Labour MP said she was disgusted that Labour were using that tactic with the indicative votes.A free vote should have been used for each proposal by all parties.

Kate Hoey should bugger off and join UKIP.

I'm more worried about what's going on here.

We've got Corbyn taking Labour down the left wing path, hard line Brexiteers threatening to take over the Tory Party, a small rise in UKIP membership recently, a growth in anti-semitism and in islamaphobia, and now this whole Brexit business has created an awful lot of anger and mistrust.

Whatever happened to accepting another person's opinion, tolerance, respect and good manners?

We are leaving in an age of increasing polarisation and growing nationalism when all the lessons from the past will tell you that unity, togetherness and mutual respect is the best way forward.

Archived