onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

I think any party that announces it wants to remain..... or leave.... Will have problems in the opposing areas..... or..... the vote could drop dramatically to a point where the whole of parliament represents less than 25%

Of the population

No idea what went on there.... apologies

Advert

How many MP's (Labour or Conservative) betrayed the leave vote in their constituencies?

Although I'm not the biggest fan of Paul Farrelly, he is putting his constituents first by voting for amendments supporting revoking A50 and a people's vote. He is not putting his ego and career first unlike Boris, Gove e.t.c.

I think any party that announces it wants to remain..... or leave.... Will have problems in the opposing areas..... or..... the vote could drop dramatically to a point where the whole of parliament represents less1ý[/quote Whatever happens Brexit has polarised people across parties, Tories had 60% to leave, Labour had 60% to stay, neither side could to form a majority, so it will take a long time to settle.

I think any party that announces it wants to remain..... or leave.... Will have problems in the opposing areas..... or..... the vote could drop dramatically to a point where the whole of parliament represents less1ý[/quote Whatever happens Brexit has polarised people across parties, Tories had 60% to leave, Labour had 60% to stay, neither side could to form a majority, so it will take a long time to settle.

The big difference fosse is that strongholds, safe seats could shift dramatically away from the party which held it.... but it's unlikely voters will choose the opposing party... so what's left... lib dems? Not in leave areas.... UKIP? Possibly..... a n other? That's risky for everyone, including the politicians.

Imaging the balance of power in a hung parliament being held by UKIP or a far right/left party...... scary stuff mate.

Although I'm not the biggest fan of Paul Farrelly, he is putting his constituents first by voting for amendments supporting revoking A50 and a people's vote. He is not putting his ego and career first unlike Boris, Gove e.t.c.

Put his constituents first,which ones the losers?

There were 25,477 Remainers and 43,457 Leaver.63% wanted out,it wasn't even close.

He's another MP who's representing himself.

And you really believe that's on the cards do you?

Get real. You sound like Boris Johnson, telling us all that 70 million Turks were coming here.

Do you know that after WW2 every single person in the Empire/Commonwealth was free to come and settle in the UK if they so wished. But guess what? They didn't!

It's scaremongering on an industrial scale.

:laugh:

This is what we're arguing with. I make a reasonable post about immigration and suddenly I'm trying to claim that all 500 million are coming or 70 million turks are all coming.

This is why we can't have the immigration debate, because of people like you who will simply attempt to shut it down.

Read my post again and if you still don't understand it, ask me to explain it to you.

Put his constituents first,which ones the losers?

There were 25,477 Remainers and 43,457 Leaver.63% wanted out,it wasn't even close.

He's another MP who's representing himself.

He's putting all of them first ahead of his parliamentary career. He is doing what is best in his mind which is what N-U-L elected him to do. He had already voted against triggering article 50, but N-U-L re-elected him. We knew what his views were when voting him in!

Maybe it will dawn on people one day, it is not the EU that is the problem but the parliamentary system in the UK. A Cabinet of mainly multi-millionaires in parliament, surely as a class they are over represented, elsewhere lots of life-time politicians with poor contact with ordinary folk, and even quite ignorant how the country works and trades with its neighbours.

How does that solve border control and sovereignty?

The only way your post is relevant is if we elect a majority of brexit candidates who will then represent the people enough to leave the EU.

So are you advocating a brexit supporting house?

Brexit is about the whole not the individual parts.

He is lucky if he has more than 50% of his constituency voting for him so in fact he is representing his voters so his career is first and foremost......

Once in a lifetime vote.... the electorate were promised.

Boris and Gove etc are no better

Brexit is about the whole not the individual parts.

He is lucky if he has more than 50% of his constituency voting for him so in fact he is representing his voters so his career is first and foremost......

Once in a lifetime vote.... the electorate were promised.

Boris and Gove etc are no better

You don't just vote your MP on Brexit though. There are other things going on in the country more important than this. Poverty, inequality, climate change, health issues, knife crime, extremism.

You don't just vote your MP on Brexit though. There are other things going on in the country more important than this. Poverty, inequality, climate change, health issues, knife crime, extremism.

People voted on a single issue as they were asked, if mps of whatever persuasion dont understand that they are more than a little dim.... the vote was to leave the EU... not part leave... not leave with strings.... not leave but keep your foot in the door.... not leave and drag all the crap with you.... not come back and keep asking the same question until we get the answer that suits us.... just leave.

There are problems with the deal may has bartered the family jewels for.... it's for the people to decide I hear remainers and politicians say.... have another referendum is the cry...... ok.... I agree..... on the principal that the decision to leave has already been taken and decided..... the referendum question should be..... Mays deal.... yes or no.

The decision to leave has already been taken.... honour it..... if people want another referendum on in or out of the EU have it after the first has been completed.... with a minimum of 65% either way to be decisive perhaps.

Archived