onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

Meaningless : The total vote is decisive, the opposite to a general election .

Perhaps that's why more people turned out for the referendum than they did for the GE.

More than 33 million voted with a turnout of 72%.

Leave - 17,410,742

Remain - 16,141,241

Pretty decisive that and even though the other stats are meaningless(a bit like football possesion stats) they do show that the Leave vote was ahead not only in the final vote but in all other counting areas as well.

England voted for Brexit by 53.4% to 46.6% and Wales for Brexit by 52.5% to 47.5%.

Absolutely stupid comment.

Aup Jean, I was listening to the BBC 2 nights ago and some professor or other from one of England's 'Universities said the Brexit solution was easy - you divide the UK into 2 regions with Remainers and Leavers relocating to their designated region.

Was he being serious? I don't know. But it me laugh and wonder what kind of Monty Python sketch this would make :smile:

Aup Jean, I was listening to the BBC 2 nights ago and some professor or other from one of England's 'Universities said the Brexit solution was easy - you divide the UK into 2 regions with Remainers and Leavers relocating to their designated region.

Was he being serious? I don't know. But it me laugh and wonder what kind of Monty Python sketch this would make :smile:

It would be quite easy to comply with the professor's wishes Barry.Looking at the attached Brexit map,all we need to do is move a few Remainers from London,Berkshire,Surrey,Sussex,the Cotswolds,the west coast of Wales and a few in N.Ireland up north to join all the Remainers in Scotland.It might be a bit colder up there but I'm sure they would be most welcome.

Job done.

https://www.bbc.com/news/politics/eu_referendum/results

I read the other day a EU commissioner (i think) said the EU couldn't afford to lose the uks contribution

They probably can't but that will no doubt be mitigated by the tariffs on all our EU imports. From my perspective I'd hazard a guess that 40% of the equipment that we utilise in our projects is of EU origin, 50% US with about 10% from the UK. Should the 'cost' of this equipment increase then that will make help to make up the shortfall.

It would be quite easy to comply with the professor's wishes Barry.Looking at the attached Brexit map,all we need to do is move a few Remainers from London,Berkshire,Surrey,Sussex,the Cotswolds,the west coast of Wales and a few in N.Ireland up north to join all the Remainers in Scotland.It might be a bit colder up there but I'm sure they would be most welcome.

Job done.

https://www.bbc.com/news/politics/eu_referendum/results

Alternatively you move all the Remainers down to the South East where they have easy access to the European mainland, thus keeping the Leavers away from those pesky foreigners whom they don't like.

Anyone not seen this absolutely ridiculous story.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46714984

I'd seen the article before this and what made me chuckle was most of the money was going to a French Co and a Dutch/Belgian Co, I pondered whether the UK "Still do ferries" and then I read Gatwick was being bought by a French Co and thought perhaps we might not be doing planes in the future!!

Is there any silver ware left. Is there anyone standing up for the UK, anywhere.

I'd seen the article before this and what made me chuckle was most of the money was going to a French Co and a Dutch/Belgian Co, I pondered whether the UK "Still do ferries" and then I read Gatwick was being bought by a French Co and thought perhaps we might not be doing planes in the future!!

Is there any silver ware left. Is there anyone standing up for the UK, anywhere.

French owners?

It'll never take off,especially on Bank Holidays.:laugh:

Archived