onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Not quite what the Met Police said: “It is clear that whilst some technical breaches of electoral law were committed by Leave.EU in respect of the spending return submitted for their campaign, there is insufficient evidence to justify any further criminal investigation,”

He didn't say Met Police, he said NCA, and it is exactly what they said:

https://nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/news/public-statement-on-nca-investigation-into-suspected-eu-referendum-offences

"The NCA has found no evidence that any criminal offences have been committed under PPERA or company law by any of the individuals or organisations referred to it by the Electoral Commission. It will therefore take no further action against Mr Banks, Ms Bilney, Better for the Country Ltd or Leave.EU in respect of this specific matter."

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

No, the ones who promised us a fantastic deal and now say they don't want one at all.

We will get a fantastic deal one day. Just not with the spiteful and bitter leaders of the EU.

When a good deal is a possibility, I will be in full support of it. Until then, democracy says we must leave on 31st October.

9 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Even in the face of everything that has happened in recent years, in 2019 there are blokes still willing to defend the actions of a man putting his hands upon a woman in a sexual manner uninvited.

It is really showing some people up for what they are.

In 2019 there are people who believe in innocence until guilt is proven.

There are also people who are highly suspicious of the timing of these allegations considering there has been ample chance to accuse him before he became (on paper) the most powerful man in the country.

If he is found guilty, I'll agree with you. 

Nothing abhorrent or unreasonable about that.

5 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Yes, I have Geo on ignore and the website is a much better place for it. I also rest easy in the knowledge that I'm not missing anything remotely interesting or of merit.

Note to self.....

Must pick a side so people can abuse and insult.

Don't try to explain what you are trying to say..... just say it.

Keep responses to one word if possible but avoid swear filter.

Don't challenge incorrect posts you should know what they mean.

Don't say what you think, say what you are supposed to think.

If someone says you have done or said something you must have done it or said it.... don't challenge it.

Safe spaces are good.

Always let Jean have the last word.

Ignore all notes to self.

8 hours ago, Andyregs said:

It was more a comment about frustration at so many words to say nothing. 

Andy.

A number of people can't accept I have no side to support in this crapstorm. The usual if you are against one side you must be for the other does not apply.

I try to explain as best I can, English was never my strong suit, so that the explanation I offer is clear to me and to whoever cares to read it. I find explaining my train of thought difficult.

I have found that the best way to solve a problem is to remove the emotion from the situation..... the best way to continue an argument is to fuel it with emotion... which has lead to accusations of being heartless, a cold fish and a sociopath... all true to some extent.... and one poster stating I seem to view brexit in isolation (I think) which I thought was stating the obvious as the only direct affect brexit has on me is the fluctuation of the £.

4 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

We will get a fantastic deal one day. Just not with the spiteful and bitter leaders of the EU.

When a good deal is a possibility, I will be in full support of it. Until then, democracy says we must leave on 31st October.

RB..... the EU is doing what's best for them, you can't blame them for that, it's not spiteful or bitter it's what you would expect. Politics and business aren't friendly parlour games, it often comes down to who has the sharpest knife.

The UK approach is akin to shaking a sabre at a tank and expecting it to roll over.

4 hours ago, geosname said:

Note to self.....

Must pick a side so people can abuse and insult.

Even better, pretend not to, and instead pretend that YouTube’s recommendation algorithm recommends right wing politicians randomly based on films you watched. 

1 hour ago, Andyregs said:

Even better, pretend not to, and instead pretend that YouTube’s recommendation algorithm recommends right wing politicians randomly based on films you watched. 

I have no idea what an algorithm is or what it does... I bow to your superior knowledge of such things.

On the nights my arrhythmia wakes me I switch on YouTube, click autoplay and let it run until the effects wear off or the medication kicks in. I have no idea where the content comes from or why it's there neither do I care. On the initial page I usually open a first amendment audit or similar because it's there. Sometimes I remember some of what's been on other times I dont, I'm far more interested in my heartbeat, the seemingly ineffectiveness of the medication and a safe environment to pass out in... if I do.

Periods of incapacity can and sometime do last for several hours

23 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Lots wrong with it.

Timing is suspicious?  

It's like the Abbott situation all over again.  It seems you have a problem with women to me.

I've read the article from this journalist. It is a hit piece and written in some sort of chick lit style. 

She clearly has a problem with conservatives, that comes through loud and clear. It is just not very believable based on the information we have. 

If you are being honest, the only reason you believe it is because you want it to be true. 

Stop the Abbott lies. I'm not even going to bother with the last part. It is so disgusting to suggest and you should be ashamed. You wont be, but you should be. 

Grow up, stop lying and post some evidence for once. Then we can all get along. 

1 hour ago, Andyregs said:

I had a left wing podcast recommended to me the other day with a labour MP on it. I listened to it, it was really good.

Is their algorithm wrong or is it possible that people consume content that they dont necessarily agree with? 

Archived