onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

Guest TommyMac
I see you haven't answered the questions I posed to you, particularly the question "What lies did the Remain campaign pose"

Are you really suggesting everything stated by George Osbourne, Anna Soubry, David Cameron, Christine Lagarde, Nick Clegg, etc has happened. I must have slept well because I've missed a recession, World War 3, an immediate emergency budget, our car industry crumbling, our banks moving out of London, 3 million unemployed....

I didn't answer your question previously because I thought you were pretending to be dumb.

I personally will be happier and feel more "United" if a 2nd referendum is held irrespective of the vote as I vehemently dislike a situation where significant lies are used to sway or win a discussion, in this case it's a national disgrace. I'm surprised you and many others are OK with it.

Wow, I'm so Sorry Paul, I hadn't realised a second referendum would make you personally happier. Let's dump democracy everyone because Paul isn't happy.

For the UK people in general some will be more united some won't but for the sake of democracy all should question the manner in which the Brexit vote was achieved, it sets a truly awful precedent and reflects badly on the UK.

There were lies from both sides like there is in every general election so how is a precedent being set?

As for Parliament who knows, it will be hard to beat the current chaos.

But you are willing to risk that because you personally will be happier. Unbelievable!

The wheels are already in motion for a 2nd Scottish independence vote, don't underestimate the will of the Scottish people, especially if the economy does go t*ts up. You champion democracy on the one hand but ride rough shod over it on the other, make your mind up.

Continually re-running referendums until the losers win is not democracy. There is nothing set in stone for how often a referendum should be repeated. Perhaps we should repeat them ad finitum if that's what makes you personally happier.

Are you really suggesting everything stated by George Osbourne, Anna Soubry, David Cameron, Christine Lagarde, Nick Clegg, etc has happened. I must have slept well because I've missed a recession, World War 3, an immediate emergency budget, our car industry crumbling, our banks moving out of London, 3 million unemployed....

I didn't answer your question previously because I thought you were pretending to be dumb.

So what lies did these people perpetrate, anything like 350m for the NHS and massive reduction in rate of immigration, since you won't answer the question I'll answer it for you....No.

Wow, I'm so Sorry Paul, I hadn't realized a second referendum would make you personally happier. Let's dump democracy everyone because Paul isn't happy.

There were lies from both sides like there is in every general election so how is a precedent being set?

But you are willing to risk that because you personally will be happier. Unbelievable!

TM, Try reading both paragraphs if you can, one gives my personal view the other gives my opinion on what the UK population may do. Now your comments are unbelievable if they were not in black and white.

Continually re-running referendums until the losers win is not democracy. There is nothing set in stone for how often a referendum should be repeated. Perhaps we should repeat them ad finitum if that's what makes you personally happier.

Who's talking about, "Continually", also democracy shouldn't be about lying to achieve a desired outcome.

TM, it's Xmas, let's agree to disagree.

Just because Corbyn prefers to be independent of the EU does not mean that the members do. The majority of Labour voters voted to remain, and polls indicate a switch to remain in most of the constituencies now, so if an election doesn't happen in the next month or so he will have to go for another referendum.

The majority of Labour voters voted to leave especially in Stoke.

But Comrade Corbyn has decided to play political games to gain power forcing his MPs to vote against Teresa Mays deal.This is against their constituents wishes and I hope they get deselected before a General Election.

The majority of Labour voters voted to leave especially in Stoke.

But Comrade Corbyn has decided to play political games to gain power forcing his MPs to vote against Teresa Mays deal.This is against their constituents wishes and I hope they get deselected before a General Election.

60% of Labour voters voted to stay, as did voters in May`s and Corbyn`s constituencies. It was the 60% of Conservative voters that voted to leave, mainly in non-city areas.

There wouldn't be any going blindly, look at the options when May's deal is rejected by Parliament in January something like 10 weeks before the UK is due to leave, there are not many options apart from a Hard Brexit or extend the Leave date and that requires all 27 EU countries to agree.

A free vote based on lies.

If you look at the latest polls you will alter that statement.

What lies did the Remain campaign tell, we all are fully aware of the huge lies told by Boris and Farage.

So why did the UK sign and endorse it. The elected government of the UK has been trying to reduce the rate of migration for 15 or years and has failed miserably to do so.

The compact sets out the path to make migration a human right and sets up the legal framework to do so, it's naive to think otherwise, why else would a Supra-national organization draft such pronouncements. The USA and Australia also refused to sign.

Since 1918 when records began voter turnout in GE's has varied from 58-79%, it's naive to think a 2nd referendum is gonna have a dramatic effect downwards as there are always issues that will cause voters to turn out. It's your choice not to turn out.

Mays' proposed deal is worse than what the UK has now, the only other alternative on the table is a No Deal Brexit which is not an attractive proposition. Who knows what any re-entry negotiations would look like but it would make the UK look foolish. Brexit is democracy, democracy by lies and a disgraceful way to achieve an outcome and deceive the electorate.

The leave vote was mainly about immigration, May's deal is worse than what the UK has as a member of the EU. Let's have a People's Vote on Remain or May's deal or no deal, that would be sensible.

Exactly and there were many other issues the electorate weren't aware of and that's why it is important and sensible to have a 2nd referendum, the electorate is now much better informed of what a Brexit would look like.

We all wish.

TM, The UK was negotiating from a position of weakness from the get go, the EU were never gonna give the UK favorable terms to leave else other countries may well follow suite.

If Brexit does happen economic strife is virtually a given, a scenario where Scotland suffers and votes to leave the UK and subsequently joins the EU is more of a possibility, holding a 2nd referendum and overturning Brexit would be nothing in terms of political strife compared to that.

that scenario would save us a fortune in benefits and tax allowancies.

Are all these statistics based on actual knowledge or poll predictions?

The facts are that of the twelve areas of the UK,nine voted to Leave and three voted to Remain in the 2016 Referendum.

Remain - London,Scotland & N.Ireland.

Leave - South West,North East,East,South West,West Midlands,Yorkshire & Humber,East Midlands,Wales & the North East.

Spot the difference?

The facts are that of the twelve areas of the UK,nine voted to Leave and three voted to Remain in the 2016 Referendum.

Remain - London,Scotland & N.Ireland.

Leave - South West,North East,East,South West,West Midlands,Yorkshire & Humber,East Midlands,Wales & the North East.

Spot the difference?

Meaningless : The leave areas also include the metro and city areas which voted Remain

Archived