onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robbie To Abstain on Future of Vale

NLVMalc

Advert

I've been saying it for years, even been slated on here for it, but Robbie doesn't give a rats fanny about the Vale. The only option now, as the owd man says, is to starve them out. I hope Robbie realises that if the board cling on, and we do go into administration, he will be directly responsible.

Doesn't Bratt always court Robbies Dad and whisper sweet nothings in his ear which are obviously the Bratt agenda and lies.....so Bratt has failed to get the Williams proxy.....but it still strengthens the Boards hand and if Team Mo can work on Robbies Dad and gently bend his ear it might work but this news does make things more difficult.....and shows Robbie Williams to be a very poor Vale fan indeed.

We just keep up the protests turn up the hatred to them even more, get louder and louder, so it gets more and more uncomfortable for them to attend matches....result they capitulate as I dont think I could not put up with the hatred directed at me like that...unless they get some sort of sexual kick out of being villified so much.

Half the fun is coming up with new ideas of how to **** them off.

KEEP UP THE PRESSURE GUYS

V2001 OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think its fair enough for robbie to do this, he helped us when we needed it and as stated he could not give us his time due to his career, i prefer his honesty rather than for him to step into a debate that he is not fully informed upon. of course its not ideal but for years he has taken a backseat, i think its unfair of us to expect him to change now and put his career on hold.

I think we need to realise without his money originally where would this club be. Everyone you speak to generally has a view on the situation some pro board some anti board and both are of the opinion they are right. Why would Robbie know or really be bothered. People invest in companies without being involved in them,he cared he gave money over. Ok yes he could have given it as a donation he could have given it as an interest free loan but why should he.

The one thind that does saddens me is given the trouble people have gone to to contact him he could have paid a financial advsor to investigate both sides and give him a judgement on the best deal for his investment. Giving them his proxy. He must have a management team looking after his interests.

i think its fair enough for robbie to do this, he helped us when we needed it and as stated he could not give us his time due to his career, i prefer his honesty rather than for him to step into a debate that he is not fully informed upon. of course its not ideal but for years he has taken a backseat, i think its unfair of us to expect him to change now and put his career on hold.

Nobody is asking him to put his career on hold. All we are asking is for him to spend just a little time understanding the issues which the rank and file supporters face.

With Robbie we can defeat the board. Without him, things will be very difficult unless we can force a show of hands vote (which I doubt).

As much as it’s disappointing, he hasn’t backed any party, which is a snub for the board in my book.

If the basis for an EGM is one shareholder, one vote and based on shareholders who vote rather than the entire share register surely this is still achievable unless I am mistaken?

We move on from this and God forbid they are still in power come the close season, they will feel a massive pinch with the Starve Them Out campaign.

Chin up chaps.

Can someone post who holds what percentage of remaining shares if Robbie doesn't vote? Im thinking in terms of board, any other major shareholders and small shareholders. Just to see the task in front of us.

Here is the shareholding as of 30/6/2010

Bratt - 8834

Jackson/Meigh - 30000

Meigh - 10004

Oliver - 6212

Lloyd - 10000

Mudie - 100

Total - 65150 shares from the total issued of 232598. This is 28%.

Robbie holds 49800 shares - 21.4%.

Which leaves the remaining shareholders owning 50.6% of the shares.

With Robbie on board we have a good chance. Without him, things don't look good.

We should also consider the possibility that the board are purchasing further shares to strengthen their position in advance of the EGM.

Here is the shareholding as of 30/6/2010

Bratt - 8834

Jackson/Meigh - 30000

Meigh - 10004

Oliver - 6212

Lloyd - 10000

Mudie - 100

Total - 65150 shares from the total issued of 232598. This is 28%.

Robbie holds 49800 shares - 21.4%.

Which leaves the remaining shareholders owning 50.6% of the shares.

With Robbie on board we have a good chance. Without him, things don't look good.

We should also consider the possibility that the board are purchasing further shares to strengthen their position in advance of the EGM.

This for me is the crux of the debate. I'm not totally (or even closely) upto speed on just how this would work but I have never imagined we could oust the board at an EGM.

It's always been my assumption that the best we could achieve is a large show of 'no confidence', however they would simply take no notice and carry on regardless.

To that end, it doesn't really matter how many shares Robbie has, or the fact that he chooses not to use them.

Nick's 'Starve em out' campaign is the only way forward for me, a loss of hundreds of season tickets may just do the trick. However the 'war chest' they have built up may just counter this.

Promotion (assuming we could possibly make it now) may also help the board, as could a lucrative trip to Old Trafford (even if we lose).

There is another way of course. BUY SHARES!

If Robbie Williams can obtain 24.95 buy purchasing shares, then why can't others......:yes:

Archived