onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robbie To Abstain on Future of Vale

NLVMalc

Perfectly within his right. Any stick he may or may not get is completely ridiculous and shameful.

It's a cop out.

He is effectively splitting his vote down the middle - effectively subsidising the vote for inertia - even if there is a 75% vote for change. He cannot see that for every £1 he invested in the club, he is blocking £2 of new investment.

Is that what he wanted? Was that his intention? As Bill McClaren would have said....

"They'll be dancing in the streets of Middleton Green tonight."

Advert

I think that Robbie Williams should be asked if he will let his proxy vote go with the winner of the show of hands at an EGM. That way he is not asked to vote or side himself, but he is passing his vote to the majority if the fan base of which he used to be part of.

That is the answer in the nut shell.....Robbie a no vote backs the Board is very unpopular which will do great damage to your credibility as a Vale fan and standing in the local community....simply cast your proxy vote with

the popular vote at the EGM and become a hero of the people.

Robbie Williams the Vale Nation Needs You.....Stand Up and Be Counted.

I take it that Rob doesn't give a stuff about losing his investment then, nor the club. Shame.

Anyone investing in a football club basically has to have the attitude of not giving a stuff because TBH, the chances of getting it back are extremely small (unless people like Mo Chaudry come along and offer to buy it back at the price you paid).

As to him giving a stuff about the club, my opinion has always been he doesn't. All this talk about him loving the Vale, etc doesn't sit with me personally because let's face it, if we had his wealth and loved the club as much as he pretends to do, how much would we put into it? I bet for the very mast majority it will be a lot more than he has put in.

Guest DonDon Valiant
So by your reasoning if he gets stick it is completely ridiculous and shameful. If he doesn't get any stick it is completely ridiculous and shameful. Are you sure that's what you mean?

So I'm not John Lennon or Paul McCartney. You know exactly what I mean.

Guest DonDon Valiant
It's a cop out.

He is effectively splitting his vote down the middle - effectively subsidising the vote for inertia - even if there is a 75% vote for change. He cannot see that for every £1 he invested in the club, he is blocking £2 of new investment.

Is that what he wanted? Was that his intention? As Bill McClaren would have said....

"They'll be dancing in the streets of Middleton Green tonight."

It's not a cop out at all.

Why should he listen to a bunch of web mongs over the chairman who convinced him to invest originally?

He wanted to help, he helped, he doesn't want to actively take an interest in the club at the current time and he's enjoying his life. Let him get on with it. It's his choice, if he doesn't want to be informed it's up to him.

Guest iGoDz1892
I think his response is quite poor myself.

If he wanted to donate money to PVFC then he should have bought sponsorship.

He bought (at the time) 24.9% of a company with a multi million pound turnover and deep roots within his local community. That comes with responsibilities attached to it.

You cannot own a quarter of a business and not hold any opinion about the direction it goes in. You might as well sit there and watch it go down the pan.

Time to grow a pair, Robbie. Seriously man.

Well said. You couldn't have put it better.

correct me if im wrong but robbie bought 24.9% appox 50,000 shares. If the club have now sold 250,000 does this mean that robbie only has 20% of PVFC now?

Yes this is what it means.

According to the official site shares totalling £1.2 million (inexact) have been sold. Robbie's shareholding is £249,000. Therefore 249000 / 1200000 = 20.75%

Dissapointing, really gets on my beak when large shareholders whether they are individuals or financial institutions cannot even be bothered to vote. Many a corporate failure has happened when people do not vote or take an interest.

Why should we listen to any more of his music we helped him collectively get where he is today If we dont want to actively take part in his career any more, why should we..... I think i,ll enjoy my life without his music lets face it he,s on a downward spiral now having to go back to take that to re-vitalise his career....another few years and he,ll be a bloated has-been who will be craving attention again....jog on robbie you make me sick!!!!

Guest DonDon Valiant
Why should we listen to any more of his music we helped him collectively get where he is today If we dont want to actively take part in his career any more, why should we..... I think i,ll enjoy my life without his music lets face it he,s on a downward spiral now having to go back to take that to re-vitalise his career....another few years and he,ll be a bloated has-been who will be craving attention again....jog on robbie you make me sick!!!!

LMFAO

Are you serious?

Listen to his music if you want to...If you don't, then don't.

I don't think there has been a ploy for Vale fans to actively listen to Robbie's music just because he is a vale fan.

Guest SOUTHERNKAZ

I think Robbie is correct to say he is too far removed to have a say in what is going on. SO many Vale fans at the moment have seem to become 'experts' in running a football club, financial affairs and who should be manager. Whilst we should have views I am very unhappy how some Port Vale fans are conveying these - there is hatred amongst some and I for one am ashamed of it. Nuff said. Up The Vale x

Archived