onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robbie To Abstain on Future of Vale

NLVMalc

Robbie Williams is entitled to do what he wishes with his shares but he has failed to grasp the root and branch problem we have at the moment over the power struggle.

To hold what 20+% of the shareholding and basically saying he will never use it, means he is supporting the current regime whether or not he wants to because to get change, the vote has to be substantially in favour and as others have said, with the Board holding 30+%, that makes it extremely unlikely that change will be voted for.

In hindsight, it would have been better if Robbie Williams had just made a donation to the club rather than taking shares if as seems the case from the statement, he will not use them in terms of voting rights.

His statement goes on to say that he does not want to be involved with the running of the club. Well sorry Robbie but holding such a large shareholding does indeed have a say in how the club is run because change which most supporters want is far less likely to happen. Mr Bratt & Co know this hence the fight they are putting up. They must be laughing their socks off behind the scenes at this statement because with over 50% of shares in effect not wanting change, they will as I said before, keep fighting off the B&G campaign and Mo's bid.

Advert

Guest TommyMac
STARVE THEM OUT is now the only serious option ....I don't think Robbie fully understands the situation here.

And we have to up the anti protest wise.=========

Jimmy, it's clearly obvious he doesn't give a flying **** about the situationand sadly no-one can change that.

So the Robbie Williams money that has simply kept them in power while they lost millions is now as good enough as a vote for the Board.....as someone said if Robbie doesn't vote with 25% then the V2001 Boards 30% then goes up to over 40%....so this news is like Robbie Williams has voted for the V2001 Boards....the only answer would be for Robbie Williams to hand over the proxy vote to his big mate Phil Taylor....somebody has got to have a word.

Todays events have swung things massively in the boards favour.

1) Sacking Gannon will keep a big majority of undecided fans happy and deflect focus and pressure from the board.

2) Robbies weak statement means its almost impossible for the EGM to have any effect on the ownership.

Bratt & Jackson must be very happy men tonight, having dealt Mo's campaign a massive blow.

Do you think they'll be worried about a protest tomorrow - I doubt it.

Very sad day for PVFC. :(

Bit of a cop-out that is Robbie, you own a large chunk of the club and by abstaining, you give disproportionate power to a deeply umpopular board of directors.

As you say, you made an investment in the club, you did not donate a gift. You have a responsibility to both protect your investment AND Port Vale FC. Doing nothing risks you losing both!

Todays events have swung things massively in the boards favour.

1) Sacking Gannon will keep a big majority of undecided fans happy and deflect focus and pressure from the board.

2) Robbies weak statement means its almost impossible for the EGM to have any effect on the ownership.

Bratt & Jackson must be very happy men tonight, having dealt Mo's campaign a massive blow.

Do you think they'll be worried about a protest tomorrow - I doubt it.

Very sad day for PVFC. :(

Disagree. Unless they've taken Jim Gannon and Big Ex to market and traded him for some magic beans then financially they're still very much ****ed.

FAO LegalBeagle

1) Phone Mo

2) Get Mo to phone his mate Phil

3) Get Phil to phone his mate Robbie

4) Robbie to grow a pair and give his proxy to Phil

5) EGM

6) V2001 voted out

7) Mo voted in

8) V2001 banned from VP for life

9) Everyone buys me a drink

Dear Doha,

1. Done weeks ago

2. Done weeks ago

3. Believe done weeks ago.

4. Response today as per email to NLV

5. To go ahead regardless. Plenty more to come in the run up.

6. I hope.

7. I hope.

8. Tempting.

9. Happily buy you a drink if 1-8 achieved.

I think George is here sums it up nicely - see his earlier post.

In my humble opinion with 24.9% or so (1/4 of the shares) comes responsibility and to abstain is to abrogate all responsibility.

Robbie says he is not sufficiently informed to make a decision. The invitation and opportunity to become so informed has been on the table for weeks - just not taken.

NLV will in due course be writing to all shareholders advising of the EGM and the motions. At the same time NLV will be presenting all shareholders with the relevant documents - the V2001 Blueprint v Mo's bid summary.

Robbie, as with all shareholders, will receive this information (c/o his management company) and then upon reading the paperwork will be sufficiently informed to vote. He may of course chose not to sufficiently inform himself.

I do not believe for one minute the press release today is the end of the matter, and I understand shareholders and fans alike all already emailing Robbie's management company pleading with him to reconsider.

From our perspective we know the Board do not have Robbie's vote which is in itself a vote of no confidence. Robbie stepped in when the Board 1st asked for support and did so backing the Board. He now choses to abstain which in itself indicates he no longer has the confidence in the Board to back them outright.

It is a glass half empty / half full scenario so it is up to each fan and shareholder to see this how he or she wants.

I am sure posts will follow disagreeing with my take but as ever I am a positive person...

Kind Regards

Archived