onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Ticket Office. An absolute joke. Again.

smithie

Advert

On Boxing day I got to Burslem about 1.30pm and went straight to the ground to buy tickets then went to the pub knowing there would be queues at 2:50pm. The ticket office really is a joke but its not the only one. I went to AEK vs PAOK last month and for an Olympic stadium their ticket office was 5 or 6 windows in a portakabin with at least 500 fans queuing up and missing 15 minutes at least of the game. Of course that doesn't make it right but there are issues at a lot of clubs, big or small.

There are only “issues” because no one (including the owner) can be arsed to address the situation. It’s not rocket science is it ?

On Boxing day I got to Burslem about 1.30pm and went straight to the ground to buy tickets then went to the pub knowing there would be queues at 2:50pm. The ticket office really is a joke but its not the only one. I went to AEK vs PAOK last month and for an Olympic stadium their ticket office was 5 or 6 windows in a portakabin with at least 500 fans queuing up and missing 15 minutes at least of the game. Of course that doesn't make it right but there are issues at a lot of clubs, big or small.

There's no issue beyond the Ticket Office manager running the place to suit themselves and not the customers.

I'll ask again - why is it that the CEO cannot pull this place into line? It's not some anonymous back-office we're talking about here - it's our income-generator and a public-facing one.

This has gone on for so long I'm convinced there's a problem with someone in there.

I agree smithie. This issue has gone on for yonks so someone/anyone could have and should have by now sorted it out. It seriously is NOT rocket science. The amount of people who raise this and casual fans we want to retain must be absolutely cheesed off. CEO where are u?

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I believe they sell tickets at a couple of the pubs in town on the day of the game - can’t remember which ones by I think The Crown might be one.

The Crown does indeed sell tickets before the match.

I don't really see what the issue is here. If you get there early enough, you won't have to queue. If you get there later, it's patently obvious that there is very likely to be a queue. If you have an issue with that, then you can buy your tickets online before the match and print them off or get them delivered (if you decide that you're going to the match early enough) or, as stated earlier, get them from one of the pubs in town that sell them.

I'm sure that there are ways that the issue and purchase of tickets can be improved (as with most things), but I honestly believe that some fans would still moan even if the Club delivered free tickets directly to their home 20 minutes before the match between Melinda Messengers breasts , then ferried them into the ground and directly into their seat via helicopter.

There's no issue beyond the Ticket Office manager running the place to suit themselves and not the customers.

I'll ask again - why is it that the CEO cannot pull this place into line? It's not some anonymous back-office we're talking about here - it's our income-generator and a public-facing one.

This has gone on for so long I'm convinced there's a problem with someone in there.

If they opened after the game they would miss out on their free drinks and nibbles in the Valiant Suite.

The Crown does indeed sell tickets before the match.

I don't really see what the issue is here. If you get there early enough, you won't have to queue. If you get there later, it's patently obvious that there is very likely to be a queue. If you have an issue with that, then you can buy your tickets online before the match and print them off or get them delivered (if you decide that you're going to the match early enough) or, as stated earlier, get them from one of the pubs in town that sell them.

I'm sure that there are ways that the issue and purchase of tickets can be improved (as with most things), but I honestly believe that some fans would still moan even if the Club delivered free tickets directly to their home 20 minutes before the match between Melinda Messengers breasts , then ferried them into the ground and directly into their seat via helicopter.

My original rant was about the stupidity of taking tickets for Notts County away off sale the day before we have 5000 potential buyers in the gaff.

Can you tell me in what world that makes sense?

My original rant was about the stupidity of taking tickets for Notts County away off sale the day before we have 5000 potential buyers in the gaff.

Apologies if I misread the reasoning behind your initial rant. Unless I'm missing something, doesn't all or, at best, the vast majority of, the money from ticket sales for league away games go to the home club? So, surely, the fact that there were '5000 potential buyers in the gaff' makes no or very little difference to the Club's income from that game, leading to valid questions re proportionality etc from keeping the ticket office open? Not arguing, just trying to understand where you're coming from.

The only logical explanation is that Vale are paying staff to sell tickets which don't profit the Vale in any way. Can't think of any other reason apart from to save money. Of course if they do it with home tickets too then not sure of any reason barring incompetence. Hopefully this thread will be the kick up the arse that is needed.

Have you contacted the Ticket Office to ask about this?

Well, well. Who'd have thought it? The Ticket Office are lying.

I called our Ticket Office and clarified that tickets for Notts County go off-sale at 2pm. This was not Vale's decision, according to the poor girl who's told to peddle this bullshxt.

I have just called the Notts County Ticket Office and spoke to the manager there. They 100% have NOT insisted that unsold tickets go back - far from it, they want as many sold upfront as possible to alleviate queues on the day. Surprise surprise, they'd heard nothing from our end so wanted to know how sales were going. Indeed, their Chief Exec has spoken to our Chief Exec to reinforce the message that they want tickets to be SOLD! Their Ticket Office manager expressed his surprise that we would remove tickets from sale the day before a home game - they used their last home game before Christmas to sell tickets for their away fixture at Morecambe on Boxing Day.

So there you have it. We simply CAN'T BE BOTHERED to keep these on sale until after tomorrow's game.

Anyone care to explain why? If our Chief Exec isn't getting a grip on this issue, there must be a damned good reason why.

Well, well. Who'd have thought it? The Ticket Office are lying.

I called our Ticket Office and clarified that tickets for Notts County go off-sale at 2pm. This was not Vale's decision, according to the poor girl who's told to peddle this bullshxt.

I have just called the Notts County Ticket Office and spoke to the manager there. They 100% have NOT insisted that unsold tickets go back - far from it, they want as many sold upfront as possible to alleviate queues on the day. Surprise surprise, they'd heard nothing from our end so wanted to know how sales were going. Indeed, their Chief Exec has spoken to our Chief Exec to reinforce the message that they want tickets to be SOLD! Their Ticket Office manager expressed his surprise that we would remove tickets from sale the day before a home game - they used their last home game before Christmas to sell tickets for their away fixture at Morecambe on Boxing Day.

So there you have it. We simply CAN'T BE BOTHERED to keep these on sale until after tomorrow's game.

Anyone care to explain why? If our Chief Exec isn't getting a grip on this issue, there must be a damned good reason why.

I repeat what I said in my latest post - What's the benefit for the Vale?

I repeat what I said in my latest post - What's the benefit for the Vale?

:laugh: What's the benefit of any club selling tickets for away games then?

1) It saves our fans £2 each

2) It saves queuing on the day

3) It's what (normal) ticket offices do...they sell tickets.

4) It makes it as easy as possible for fans to follow their team away.

Archived