onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Ticket Office. An absolute joke. Again.

smithie

Once again the Ticket Office manager runs the place to suit them.

12 months ago I posted on here about a similar stunt when the cheap tickets for Oldham were about to be taken off sale before a home game that preceded the Oldham match. It took me to contact NS to get him to get them to do the right and sensible thing.

One year on and they pull the same lousy trick again, this time taking Notts County tickets off sale the day before 5000 potential customers are at the ground.

Why on earth is that place allowed to be run like a joke, year after year?

Seriously, what's the real deal there? Why can't the CEO or owner pull them into line?

Advert

At a guess I'd say they need to send the tickets back by courier and they need to make the last post on the last working day before the game.

Occam's Razor says they aren't being a PITA just for the sake of it.

They came up with that ********** last year....but once the chairman told them to stop being so ******** inflexible and use some common sense it suddenly wasn't an issue.

In any case, there must be a way of cancelling any unsold tickets...rip em up if need be, as long as the figures add up for the sold ones.

It's bone-idleness yet again....the same idleness that doesn't bother to open after games for twenty minutes.

Yes on Boxing Day the ticket queue was back to Hamil Road. So why don't they open the two sale points in the club shop.Two people were sitting in the back of the ticket office twiddling their thumbs.After the game the ticket office was closed when they could have been selling tickets for the Luton game.Garlick needs to get a grip as this is costing the club ticket sales.

But as usual the tail is wagging the dog.When will we move the ticket sales into the 20th century.Suppose they have to go home to cook the tea.

Sack the lot and bring back pay on the day ticket turnstiles.

At a guess I'd say they need to send the tickets back by courier and they need to make the last post on the last working day before the game.

Occam's Razor says they aren't being a PITA just for the sake of it.

Didn't they used to take unsold tickets back on the coach with them on the day of the game. Or would that be when you didn't need to purchase an actual ticket for the match and cash handed over at the turnstile?

Either way seems silly when they're going back prior to a home game. Might need to go up to Vale tomorrow to get a ticket and one for FGR, Conrad advises that they've only given us 400 for that game.

The ticket office always has been and always will be a joke. Why not have one in town? It would save people walking to the ground, walking back to town, just to walk back for the game. It would stop the long queues before the game too.

I would suggest cost would be a factor.

Would half time sales be feasible inside the ground?

I would suggest cost would be a factor.

Would half time sales be feasible inside the ground?

Half time sales inside the ground would be the most sensible solution. Opening the ticket office for 20 minutes after the game would be very effective too. I can't really believe that we still have this ridiculous situation of a ground with around 20000 seats, maybe 25-30 turnstiles but big queues at one single ticket office at one corner of the stadium for crowds that fill only 25% of the seats.

Is contactless debit card payment at turnstiles not an option? One available at a turnstile in each section (Five in total)

As a season ticket holder I only experience this issue for cup games but I was really annoyed when I found the ticket office closed after the home game preceding the cup game against Yeovil.

I hate moaning especially when things are looking up. The CEO could perhaps answer questions about this at the next SC meeting. Maybe the Tea Bars could sell tickets given they run out of food, maybe the ticket office sell food ? It’s all about planning, but I accept that given our fan base and how inconsistent that is, sometimes this must prove difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Ideally I could have done with knowing about the advance discount earlier than the day before the tickets went off sale. As it is, I'll just take the hit and pay the £2 more because the cost of going out of my way to Burslem exceeds the savings.

I also don't know what state I'll be in on the morning of the game.

The ticket office always has been and always will be a joke. Why not have one in town? It would save people walking to the ground, walking back to town, just to walk back for the game. It would stop the long queues before the game too.

I believe they sell tickets at a couple of the pubs in town on the day of the game - can’t remember which ones by I think The Crown might be one.

Speaking as someone who lives away and only rocks up three or four times per year getting a ticket is a pain in the whatsit. Like a pie and cup of tea at HT, (x4 we're usually a group) but gave up on that years ago.

Internet ticketing is erratic, ticket office mainly hopeless. Long queues for food to then find they don't have any.

I'm Vale so I put up with this carp but any casual would rightly think - what a tin pot outfit.

On Boxing day I got to Burslem about 1.30pm and went straight to the ground to buy tickets then went to the pub knowing there would be queues at 2:50pm. The ticket office really is a joke but its not the only one. I went to AEK vs PAOK last month and for an Olympic stadium their ticket office was 5 or 6 windows in a portakabin with at least 500 fans queuing up and missing 15 minutes at least of the game. Of course that doesn't make it right but there are issues at a lot of clubs, big or small.

Archived