onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Ticket Office. An absolute joke. Again.

smithie

Advert

They came up with that ********** last year....but once the chairman told them to stop being so ******** inflexible and use some common sense it suddenly wasn't an issue.

In any case, there must be a way of cancelling any unsold tickets...rip em up if need be, as long as the figures add up for the sold ones.

It's bone-idleness yet again....the same idleness that doesn't bother to open after games for twenty minutes.

I think you need to chill out a bit

I think they should only hire Port Vale fans to work in the ticket office. At least then you'd know every member of staff would have Vales interests at heart.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Do you know for fact that some are NOT Vale fan's?

Or are acting in such a way because they are NOT Vale fan's?

Do you know for fact that some are NOT Vale fan's?

Or are acting in such a way because they are NOT Vale fan's?

I'm surprised you allowed him to bait you Melv,he's clearly connected to the club and Yukon,its cold enough without you remarking supporters should

chill out.Smithie seems to me a genuine supporter who turns up but clearly there are ticketing issues at the club,some would say enough to put off the casual supporter.

Having noted all of the responses on here, how many of you who have issues with the ticket office have actually contacted the Club directly to raise the issues that you have previously, and requested explanations etc? I daresay very, very few. Rather than posting on here, or at least as well as, why don't you do that? If that occurred for other admin'/food related issues, I would hope that, at the very least, the Club would be fully aware of the issues and as a minimum provide a reason why the issue is there and/or steps being taken to address. For all we know, on the ticket office issue raised in this thread, it could well be that, historically, the Club has taken very little in extra sales by extending the ticket office opening hours such that the additional cost can't be justified. I'm not saying that's what it is, btw.

Having noted all of the responses on here, how many of you who have issues with the ticket office have actually contacted the Club directly to raise the issues that you have previously, and requested explanations etc? I daresay very, very few. Rather than posting on here, or at least as well as, why don't you do that? If that occurred for other admin'/food related issues, I would hope that, at the very least, the Club would be fully aware of the issues and as a minimum provide a reason why the issue is there and/or steps being taken to address. For all we know, on the ticket office issue raised in this thread, it could well be that, historically, the Club has taken very little in extra sales by extending the ticket office opening hours such that the additional cost can't be justified. I'm not saying that's what it is, btw.

I think I'll wait for the Vales online survey:huh:

On Boxing day I got to Burslem about 1.30pm and went straight to the ground to buy tickets then went to the pub knowing there would be queues at 2:50pm. The ticket office really is a joke but its not the only one. I went to AEK vs PAOK last month and for an Olympic stadium their ticket office was 5 or 6 windows in a portakabin with at least 500 fans queuing up and missing 15 minutes at least of the game. Of course that doesn't make it right but there are issues at a lot of clubs, big or small.
. This is the problem which ever ground you visit,fans turn up 15 mins before kickoff,if you live out of town you must have mate who lives local to collect tickets before hand, it's easy to keep complaining, making the problem someone else's.getting their a bit early might help to ease the problem U.T.Vale

I have contacted the club directly on numerous occasions, having received only 2 replies I considered it a lost cause.

It would be totally impractical for the club to cater for my specific circumstances re ticketing... however perhaps the club should look at the ticketing issues as a whole and not look for a sticky plaster solution. Reevaluate what is needed and act accordingly as opposed to trying to make things fit into what already exists.

I have contacted the club directly on numerous occasions, having received only 2 replies I considered it a lost cause.

It would be totally impractical for the club to cater for my specific circumstances re ticketing... however perhaps the club should look at the ticketing issues as a whole and not look for a sticky plaster solution. Reevaluate what is needed and act accordingly as opposed to trying to make things fit into what already exists.

If that's the case, then surely the best way to deal with the issues raised in the emails/telephone calls/letters etc sent would be to post the email or whatever on here, confirm that you raised the specific issue with the Club, and then at least the Club have had the opportunity to address the situation beforehand. It just winds me up that people are happy to knock the Club week in week out for things which can sometimes be easily sorted yet not brought directly to the Club's attention (rightly or wrongly). You never know, if the ignored point/request receives enough attention on here (perhaps a petition could be started for the right issue and submitted by Rob?), the Club might just improve its PR or the way it deals with things.

Archived