onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Not one single Vale player contested the Lineman’s decision which suggested they believed it to be the right one. The majority of the players seemed to aim the blame with Boot. Personally I thought it was offside and Boot although a little hesitant could do little about it.

If anyone was playing him on it was Gunning who then got in Boot's way so not sure how it was the keeper's fault.

Guest TommyMac
Hesitant to come off his line. More the defenders fault for playing him on side and us loosing it in the first place really.

Zero, nil, nada, none, absolutely no blame could be laid on Boot by anyone with any understanding of football. That won't stop some on here laying the blame on our keeper.

Apparently Aspo reckons their goal wasn't offside, contrary to what all of us on the other side of the pitch thought.
That's why Aspo will prove himself to be a successful manager, he's honest with himself and doesn't look for excuses.

Anyway, it's a great away point and we've gained another point over the bottom two places. I fancy us against Coventry, big game with a Boxing Day crowd. Our players should be up for it now.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Zero, nil, nada, none, absolutely no blame could be laid on Boot by anyone with any understanding of football. That won't stop some on here laying the blame on our keeper.

Watch the highlights and it could be.

For me the error is with the defenders playing a very strange line and playing him onside however boot wasn't decisive in coming out, goes back first and then comes very late.

Sadly due to having Brown at the start of the season i think its to late for Aspin to get us in the top 7 this season BUT i have no doubt at all that we will be in there if not the top 3 next season under Aspin and his backroom team

Half of the season left to gain good results. 13/14 wins and a few draws would give the Vale 70+ points.

Some of the top teams could have similar results in the second half of the season as the Vale had in the first half.

Our team is improving a with every game and a couple of quality players being brought in could see the club into the top seven.

:keepup::upthevale:

Half of the season left to gain good results. 13/14 wins and a few draws would give the Vale 70+ points.

Some of the top teams could have similar results in the second half of the season as the Vale had in the first half.

Our team is improving a with every game and a couple of quality players being brought in could see the club into the top seven.

:keepup::upthevale:

I really hope so as it would give me 5k but i just think its a little to far this season but we all know anything can happen in football...I think once Regis can play for us it will give the midfield a big lift straight away

Anything is possible if the right application is shown .

Under Brown if we 3 goal attempts a game it would be a minor miracle so the changes are there for all to see.

Every game we having a right go and that as a supporter is what u want to see.

Look at the other day Everton v Chelsea 0-0 .

If i was a Everton follower id have being very fed up if id have paid watch no goal attempts on target in the whole duration of the game .

Yet if i was a Chelsea follower id have being delighted with the efforts of my team as they were the only team trying win the game .

So i love it under Aspin .

Keep up the good work the backroom staff the manager and the players who have silenced the doom merchants (rightly so the fans who were moaning have a right moan if what they are being served up is abysmal).

UTV

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

At the game (and I was in line) Szmodic looked clearly offside and I haven't changed my mind since watching the highlights a few times. He's very quick but not that quick to be so far clear. Boot definitely hesitated and that's why it got so much stick from the players but they should be asking themselves why no one tracked Szmodic's run. So in my view Boot could have done better but he's not the only one. We should though cut him some slack - he's young and inexperienced and he'll learn - and it was noticeable that shortly afterwards, he was very quickly off his line in a similar situation and the chance was missed.

None of this should detract from the Vale's impressive performance, which is getting better every game. Aspo is sorting it slowly but surely and the next few games will really be worth watching. We may not fare so well against these highly placed teams but, my goodness, we'll give them a game.

Archived