onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

This afternoon's results

SourceOfTheTrent

Although our league position doesn’t currently look great, performances now suggest that relegation should no longer be an issue. However, we should not let complacency set in. At least we now have a management team who know what the’re doing and, more importantly, seem to have the respect of the playing staff, something it seems the previous incumbents did not.

Advert

We may still be third bottom but contrast the current league table with where we were when Brown was sacked.

21k4KL9

At the other end of the scale we have caught up 1 point on the leaders, now only 19pts behind, so if we keep up the pace we should expect 60 odd points against their 80 odd points if Notts stay the course. They are currently on 2pts a game which guarantees promotion. All speculation of course, it is goals that count.

Today's results show just how tight it is and how difficult it will be to put daylight between us and the relegation pack. I noticed today that Northampton are on a six game unbeaten run and are still only two places above the drop zone after JFH took over. Nevertheless, the progress we've made can be seen in the table for the last six games (excluding Grimsby where it can hardly be argued that Aspin could have exercised any influence on the team after two days in charge):

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-two/form/matches:6/type:home-and-away/

The players are going to have to exert themselves again and again in order to pull away. No wonder Aspo keeps harping on about the need to outwork the opposition. Nobody will do us any favours!

Jacko, I calculated from when Aspin took over, so figures are different. We are making progress, but it takes a while to get the points average up after a poor start. 1pt a game can be relegation, 2 pts a game is promotion, 1.5 comfort. Currently 15 pts from 17 games, at 2pts a game we would reach 23 games with 27pts, and 46 games we would reach 73 pts and possible POs. This is the pace that Aspin has set since the Grimsby match. I know it depends on the form continuing, but I think we should expect to finish half way at least, although it appears hard to get away from the bottom. But we can only play one game at a time.

Other the other way of looking at it is without the x10 recent points we would have been as good as down by now, in mid November....😬

Sent from my LG-D855 using the onevalefan mobile app

I agree with that. It's key to keep the improvement up, we need 50 points minimum to survive and if we can continue to perform as we have since Aspo came we'll break out of the bottom group because usually there ends up 3 or four teams who are just so poor they get isolated at the bottom. We need to avoid that psychologically as much as anything as it becomes self-fulfilling and self-defeating.

Sent from my SM-A520F using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived