onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Give Neil Aspin a Longer deal now Mr Smurthwaite!

old sage

We are probably spending too much paying wages for the big squad we have inherited and that is why he has not been offered a new contract. When January comes and we offload some players and only sign what is needed to make a good squad I can see Aspo being offered a longer contract because he deserves it after how our players are performing for him. At this moment in time it about money and what we can afford to pay him because if he continues like he has so far he will be demanding a bigger wage than what we pay him now. Come January and I think things will be in place to offer him a new contract

Let's hope that 'come January', someone else doesn't realise his true value and offer him something better to tempt him away. Much better to make sure sooner.

Advert

How dare you REP?Popey is beyond criticism,don’t you know anything?Smurf forced him out and then forced him back in,Tom kicking and screaming.He then forced Aspo to come to Vale and forced Aspo’s coaching staff and Rudgey to come aswell.Ten year deal or nothing as demanded by the Smurf Haters.Don’t worry they’ve had a whip round.Smurf,don’t forget to send Adams his finder’s fee.

He’s evil that guy! Surprised someone didn’t chuck him on a bonfire

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

He deserves criticism for appointing Page, Bruno and Brown but praise for getting it right this time. The illogical and the completely bizarre logic of some posters that clearly hate the man and criticise his wrong doing and fail to give praise for the good things he does shows a lack of integrity.

Give me strength by his own admission he said it was Adams who said ''go and talk to the man who you keep talking about but who isn't on your current short list''. REP you would cause a barney in an empty room!

Give me strength by his own admission he said it was Adams who said ''go and talk to the man who you keep talking about but who isn't on your current short list''. REP you would cause a barney in an empty room!

Why are you being deliberately daft Owd? He asked Adams for help and then took his advice, it was a great decision all round. Credit where it’s due and stop with the nonsense crusade.

Why are you being deliberately daft Owd? He asked Adams for help and then took his advice, it was a great decision all round. Credit where it’s due and stop with the nonsense crusade.

If I turned to you for advice and then simply followed it, who deserves the credit if I then just followed it you or I? In this real scenario surely Micky Adams.

If I turned to you for advice and then simply followed it, who deserves the credit if I then just followed it you or I? In this real scenario surely Micky Adams.

The initial move was bringing Adams in?I asked earlier did Adams bring Rudgey in?Were Aspo’s coaching staff forced to come here by anyone?Humble pie will be on the menu at the OS household for a very long time.Then again you will want the credit as you started this thread on OVF. Time to give it a rest Owd,methinks.

The initial move was bringing Adams in?I asked earlier did Adams bring Rudgey in?Were Aspo’s coaching staff forced to come here by anyone?Humble pie will be on the menu at the OS household for a very long time.Then again you will want the credit as you started this thread on OVF. Time to give it a rest Owd,methinks.

A-flipping-men to that.

If it is true then I believe that it was in fact Micky Adams who told the Club's owner to speak to Aspin as he wasn't even on the supremo's short list of three. So if that is the case then don't let anyone give him any credit for the new manager's selection.

By that logic I assume you blame Mourinho for Bruno then?

No need to do anything until Feb/March. At that point, we will have a far better idea of where we are at. Until then, the focus needs to be on dragging the team up the table one game at a time.

If we are in a healthier position in Feb/March, then sit down and thrash something out longer term, absolutely, with next season's planning at the forefront so we can hit the ground running.

While I'm delighted with the recent upturn in fortunes, it would be presumptuous on the basis of a few games to tie someone to a long term deal. I'm reasonably confident that Aspin would sign a longer deal anyway if the terms, and the working conditions were right for him. I can't see him leaving having been here for just a few months, unless an opportunity arose at a significantly better club in League 1 or above. This is his first job in League management - I can't see him going to a Cambridge/Grimsby/Lincoln as an alternative for example.

No need to do anything until Feb/March. At that point, we will have a far better idea of where we are at. Until then, the focus needs to be on dragging the team up the table one game at a time.

If we are in a healthier position in Feb/March, then sit down and thrash something out longer term, absolutely, with next season's planning at the forefront so we can hit the ground running.

While I'm delighted with the recent upturn in fortunes, it would be presumptuous on the basis of a few games to tie someone to a long term deal. I'm reasonably confident that Aspin would sign a longer deal anyway if the terms, and the working conditions were right for him. I can't see him leaving having been here for just a few months, unless an opportunity arose at a significantly better club in League 1 or above. This is his first job in League management - I can't see him going to a Cambridge/Grimsby/Lincoln as an alternative for example.

Unless his contract expires at Xmas

Archived