onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

I think we'll do well to got a point from this. If it's a dull 0-0 with another clean sheet I'll be happy. Reasons:

1. Expectations are rising and Vale never fail to disappoint when it looks like there's a game we should win.

2. It's Swindle, against whom we have a truly awful record.

3. No Whitfield, who's be a star over recent weeks.

4. Over-reliance on Pope for goals who sooner or later will get marked/kicked out the game.

5. Swindles away record this year is good.

If we do get the three points, then as I said I might just start to believe that we can salvage something from the season after all.

I was certain that Vale would disappoint me this weekend. They didn't.

Every win should make us stronger ,no worries from me as Aspo is refreshing to listen to and straight to the point no matter what the outcome .

One things for sure if u love the Vale and u have a big heart and voice u should be there sat encouraging to the max

Couldnt care less about Swindon and there overall good record .

If Vale play to there potential we will win .

Id say 3-0 with Pope getting all 3 .

The atmosphere should be like it was in the 90s v Everton /Arsenal / Burton etc .

This will be a tough game. Be nice if we could get over 5000 home fans. I think Aspin will be focusing on goals from elsewhere in the team ( eg Worrall, Smith, Anderson) from free kicks and corners. Pope near post flick ons with Smith attacking the ball like in the days of MBE!

If Purkiss defends set pieces like he did here last season, then we may actually score from one for a change!

Lets hope for a good crowd and the players turn up and give 100% as they have done for the last few games, then we should get something from this game. I would love us to get over this hurdle of dissapointing a good crowd as we have done so often in the past. A good performance from this game then we can really look forward with a bit of confidence.

Would love to make Vale park a fortress again and make teams dread coming here! COME ON VALE !

What's happened to ADF, Middleton, Wilson and Denton?

I think we've seen other players come in and player better than them in their respective positions and be more effective. Gibbons for Wilson. Pugh for Middleton. Gunning at left back for Denton. Whitfield at left midfield for Denton. Pugh or Harness for ADF.

I think we've seen other players come in and player better than them in their respective positions and be more effective. Gibbons for Wilson. Pugh for Middleton. Gunning at left back for Denton. Whitfield at left midfield for Denton. Pugh or Harness for ADF.

Exactly this. Not sure we should be questioning where other players are right now, Aspin is picking the players he thinks are showing the most in training & the ones he thinks will win the game for us on Saturday. We've won 3 in 3 with 2 clean sheets, surely there is no reason to question his judgement.

Same team for me, but Montano in for Whitfield. Hope Ben is back in a few weeks though, cracking player.

Archived