onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Kay in for Denton. Not a fan of that at all. Surely play someone like Yates at left back and move gunning into the middle?

Denton hasn't been playing left back. He's been playing left midfield.

He will move Whitfield out to the left and have Kay as a defensive midfielder with Pugh.

Decent idea given we're away at one of the top teams. And we have Monty and Stobbs on the bench if we need to go for it.

Roos, Gibbons, Anderson, Smith, Gunning, Kay, Pugh, Harness, Whitfield, Worrall, Pope. So is Kay there to protect the back 4, seems reasonable against high fliers and energetic forwards. Wind is the unknown factor.

Looks like 4-2-3-1 to me then, which is fair enough on Exeter's smallish pitch. More evidence then of Aspin planning ahead, with Kay auditioning for the part in the reserves and tactics to match on the day. Takes some getting used to all this planning ahead by the manager. :smile:

Pyke watched the Dads Army episode, where they tell Pyke - "Don't tell him your name". He has taken it to heart and not told Aspin his name, so cant be picked. :laugh:

Think it will be a tight game, but winnable. Their manager has commented that new manager syndrome may happen with his team. Just hope he is right.

Looks like 4-2-3-1 to me then, which is fair enough on Exeter's smallish pitch. More evidence then of Aspin planning ahead, with Kay auditioning for the part in the reserves and tactics to match on the day. Takes some getting used to all this planning ahead by the manager. :smile:
It has to be done, their manager has only looked at Aspin`s games.

Guest TommyMac

Don't like playing with 6 defensive players. Neither Pugh or Kay will be carrying the ball out of defence so it looks like long balls up to Pope and fingers crossed he can hold the ball to relieve the pressure. As I wasn't expecting anything from this game, I would have liked us to have had a go at them and treat anything we came away with as a bonus.

Denton hasn't been playing left back. He's been playing left midfield.

He will move Whitfield out to the left and have Kay as a defensive midfielder with Pugh.

Decent idea given we're away at one of the top teams. And we have Monty and Stobbs on the bench if we need to go for it.

Completely forgot Denton has been further up with gunning behind. Still find it slightly strange to have Kay coming in to play in midfield over our other midfielders. Never seen him play there so hopefully he impresses.

Completely forgot Denton has been further up with gunning behind. Still find it slightly strange to have Kay coming in to play in midfield over our other midfielders. Never seen him play there so hopefully he impresses.

I 'think' (but not 100% sure) that he has played there loads in his career. He's scored over 50 goals I believe.

Great interview with Aspin just on Radio Sjoke. Talked a lot of sense and said he is working them hard on what he expects from them. May it carry on and Vale move up the league.

Can see some players being shipped out may be on loan or contracts being finished early.

I 'think' (but not 100% sure) that he has played there loads in his career. He's scored over 50 goals I believe.

Yes 51 goals in over 600 games - about one in twelve, not bad for a defender. The goal against Crawley from a free kick was very well taken, so let's hope for the same today.

Archived