onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

The only change I would make for tomorrow is on the bench. I would replace Tongue (who I think has been poor the last two games I have seen him in) with Adam Yates. Then if Denton has to be replaced again we have someone you could trust to do a job without letting one down. You could then have the option of playing Adam at left back or dropping Pugh into the left back role, putting Adam at right back and moving Gibbons into the midfield destroyer role where I think he could excel with his pace and tenacious tackling. He would also be able to supply good balls into the box which he has done previously to great effect.

I think Harness provided the cross for Turner to score Vale's 3rd goal at Crawley. Harness is a busy player with energy, fast feet, has some tricks and a killer pass in him, I think he's developing nicely, getting better each game.

Yes he did, right in front of the Vale fans in the visiting stand. It was a cracker, between the two centre backs and right on Turner’s head. On a sixpence. Haven’t seen him since but he looked very promising and needs a run in a settled side to show what he can do. Aspo will sort it out I’m sure.

The forecast isn't really too bad.

Southwesterlies at about 20mph.

Bit of rain starting at 3pm but doesn't really become heavy showers until 5pm.

It'll be grim but I bet we've played in worse.

Gale Force winds but showers, might be interesting for the Pontiff getting on those crosses!

Gale force winds start at 34kts, these will only be 19kts on the surface.

The forecast isn't really too bad.

Hope you're right (or the forecast is) if so. As long as the game is on, I don't care what the weather is! Stood uncovered in terrible weather before, but we're seated & under cover this time anyway.

Just don't want to get down there & it be called off, would be a nightmare.

Hope my trains ok,

Chief Forecaster's assessment

A swathe of strong south or southwesterly winds reaching parts of Wales and southwest England will steadily transfer east and north during the morning. Later in the afternoon winds will gradually turn westerly and wind inland will start to slowly ease. Meanwhile, in western and southern coastal areas winds will start to slowly ease later in the evening. Gusts of 45 to 55 mph are expected widely within the warning area with gusts of 60 to 70 mph along exposed southern and western coastal areas. These are expected to coincide with high tides, leading to locally dangerous conditions around coastal areas in western and southern parts of England and Wales.

Low Tide Lunchtime, High tide around 7PM. Might not get home.

Hope you're right (or the forecast is) if so. As long as the game is on, I don't care what the weather is! Stood uncovered in terrible weather before, but we're seated & under cover this time anyway.

Just don't want to get down there & it be called off, would be a nightmare.

I think it should be ok, depending on how bad the gusts are. Exeter is inland and protected. I'd be apprehensive if it was Torquay or Plymouth.

19 knot winds are still quite blustery and will catch the ball if it's booted up in the air but certainly not a gale. It was about 15kts in Endon this morning if you want to compare.

The weather will be **** but it'll be a fraction of the intensity Cornwall and Wales are going to experience.

The result on Saturday doesn't concern me. We shouldn't be getting too excited when we win or too down when we lose. A long away trip to one of the top teams in the division will prove to be a stern test for most teams, never mind a team just starting to turn itself around.

I would be very pleased with a draw. I'd be ecstatic with a win. I wouldn't be too worried by a close defeat. Most importantly, I want us to continue working hard and playing for each other, something that Aspo seems to have instilled in the lads.

I think it should be ok, depending on how bad the gusts are. Exeter is inland and protected. I'd be apprehensive if it was Torquay or Plymouth.

19 knot winds are still quite blustery and will catch the ball if it's booted up in the air but certainly not a gale. It was about 15kts in Endon this morning if you want to compare.

The weather will be **** but it'll be a fraction of the intensity Cornwall and Wales are going to experience.

If it was, I certainly didn't feel it! Pretty calm & average weather here to be honest.

Hopefully should all just be an exaggeration anyway, still looking forward to it!

The turnaround in optimism ( & points ), that Aspin has brought in just x3 league games is both impressive & a relief I have to say......

Sent from my LG-D855 using the onevalefan mobile app

I have a little concern that expectations are so high for this game, and if we should lose, even if the performance is fair, the bipolar attitude of some fans will suddenly revert to pessimism again.

Few football fans generally ever seem to take any kind of long term view, the classic example being Craig Shakespeare's sacking at Leicester recently after a few poor results, mostly against the best teams in their league.

Aspin and Rudgey have really got the place buzzing again, and long may it continue, but Vale are very much a work in progress and solid foundations need time to build. Let's not put the new management team under unbearable pressure of expectation.

The same applies to Tom Pope scoring - if he fails to score for a couple of games, let's not start saying he has 'dried up' again or any such nonsense.

Should I be wrong and we see off Exeter easily and continue winning the next few games, I will be delighted and ecstatic even if I have to admit unfounded fears.

My prediction - Exeter 1 Vale 1 or if we get a bad ref, 0-1.

Archived