onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ray Williams on Radio Stoke

Bluedevil

i thought he was painfully embarrassing. He is obviously very bitter about Vale getting rid of him and as a result can't look at the whole thing objectively. When he started blaring on about Mo Choudry.... Oh dear Ray. Radio Stoke could well be waving you goodbye now as well

I felt the same way, chip on his shoulder, going on about MC. We all wanted change, it's starting to happen, some fans are coming back and then Ray Williams puts the boot in.

By the way, Kozluk is far better than Yates

Advert

Swallow your pride sage, its cringeworthy watching people finding excuses for not going. I don't think Vale Park misses those fans, the songs are still getting sung, we are looking good this season to go up. I wonder how many of you would find your way back into Vale Park for a 2nd leg playoff match in may?

Spot on top comments from Ray on this matter.

That said his comments pre-match about Micky, Rico and the dropping of Yates were all poor.

Wierd that he gets the politics totally right and the playing issues so wrong.

I agree. I suspect that if Ray Williams was allowed to meddle with first team selection/tactics, then we would see a rapid return of the Glover management era. Boreoff

It wasn't so long ago that Ray was being slated on here for being heavily involved in first team matters along with Glover and Jackson. People saying he as a has-been and should leave the club. I wonder if any are the same people who now appear to be hanging on his everyword?

I was one of those people, and whilst i enjoy his commentary & am delighted he has made a full recovery from the evil desease that is Cancer, i maintain what i said at the time, he had no business being involved in "onfield footballing matters".

Football committee.......my Arsenal!!!

Ray is a very good man and is a Vale fan and NOT a fool. Keep up the good work Ray. I for one am proud of you kid.

Hear, hear, 100%.

Ray got absolutely lambasted with some very insulting comments by various people not so long ago and whilst it is perfectly acceptable to disagree with anyone, what Ray had to put up with was out of order.

We've been under-staffed for years. We're finally becoming a serious business, and this needs extra/necessary staff we've been missing before. Speculate to accumulate. Perry has already justified his salary by increasing sponsorship etc...let the other new boys do the same.

Williams strikes me as bitter because he was made redundant and now Vale are taking on. That's just how it sounded to me.

We've been under-staffed for years. We're finally becoming a serious business, and this needs extra/necessary staff we've been missing before. Speculate to accumulate. Perry has already justified his salary by increasing sponsorship etc...let the other new boys do the same.

Williams strikes me as bitter because he was made redundant and now Vale are taking on. That's just how it sounded to me.

what basic is he on ? what commission on commercial deals is he on

surely only if we know these can we say if he justifies his salary

From the horse's mouth:-

I am not bitter about leaving/redundant/whatever. I am relieved not to be working there any more. I now have much better peace of mind.

I am not senile or old-just more mature.

If I wanted to put the boot in I really could. However I will bide my time and enjoy the opportunity Radio Stoke have given to me.

Please keep listening.

Swallow your pride sage, its cringeworthy watching people finding excuses for not going. I don't think Vale Park misses those fans, the songs are still getting sung, we are looking good this season to go up. I wonder how many of you would find your way back into Vale Park for a 2nd leg playoff match in may?
It's nowt to do with pride it's just that until I feel comfortable about things then I will return. At the moment I see too much one uppermanship from Lloyd and Deakin. To be truthful I aren't missing going to watch home games half as much as I feared. Football like smoking is a habit and it could be considered to be about as unhealthy!.:yes:

I am not bitter about leaving/redundant/whatever. I am relieved not to be working there any more. I now have much better peace of mind.

If I wanted to put the boot in I really could. However I will bide my time and enjoy the opportunity Radio Stoke have given to me.

Please keep listening.

Thanks for your comments Ray,both on here and on Radio Stoke.I know of many other people who have worked on the inside at VP with similer stories which would also justify putting the boot in.:yes:

Please keep listening.

Well said Ray. I don't wish to make this a Willy v Cullo competition as you both bring much to the table. Your comments about how the game would unfold proved to be spot on on Saturday. You said that the Vale would struggle early in the game and you were on the money. You also have a great knowledge of virtually every player on both sides. Showing that you obviously have taken in an awful lot of games and spent the time watching and not reading the programme!. Your doing a great job buddy.

I felt that last year Cullo was excellent in the way he saw the situation at Vale Park and did much to alter the blinkered view of RS who lets face it are made up of young journeymen journalists with no real affection to the Valiants. Next season they could be commenting on Carlisle or Ipswich if they are offered a few extra quid.:yes:

Archived