onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ray Williams on Radio Stoke

Bluedevil

Out of interest, what's is going to take to get you back ?
I just what to feel confident that those in charge are doing their best for Port Vale and not what is best for themselves. That is why I want Mark Sims on the board because I do trust him because he is one of us and doesn't need Port Vale to line his pocket. Is that really too much to ask?

Advert

I just what to feel confident that those in charge are doing their best for Port Vale and not what is best for themselves. That is why I want Mark Sims on the board because I do trust him because he is one of us and doesn't need Port Vale to line his pocket. Is that really too much to ask?

Ok, but if mark doesn't take up the opportunity, what then, how will you get the comfort you seek ?

It wasn't so long ago that Ray was being slated on here for being heavily involved in first team matters along with Glover and Jackson. People saying he as a has-been and should leave the club. I wonder if any are the same people who now appear to be hanging on his everyword?

Ok, but if mark doesn't take up the opportunity, what then, how will you get the comfort you seek ?
Then I'll just have to wait until Lloyd and Lemon Top convince me that they are capable of taking us onward and upwards. That though is not going to happen overnight I suspect. Quite simply there are too many questions and not enough answers at the moment.

What he said +1...top man....Old Sage you are the Gu'vnor.

Well i listened to the first half hour of p+G tonight,i vommited 3 pints of blood and set myself on fire twice while listening!:banghead::bomb::bomb:

Instead of shouting at the radio i turned off. Please tell me some vale fan with a brain rang in to shut the clowns up???

Ray Williams made a very valid point about all these off the pitch appointments including a paid CEO and Chairman, and where the money is coming from to fund such salaries on gates well below the break-even point.

I'm all for Deakin trying to make the club more professional off the pitch, but feel he is going too far, too soon. Get things moving forwards on the pitch and the rest will take care of its self.

Spot on top comments from Ray on this matter.

That said his comments pre-match about Micky, Rico and the dropping of Yates were all poor.

Wierd that he gets the politics totally right and the playing issues so wrong.

I thought Ray Williams talked a lot of sense today. I suspect that many of the stay-away fans are sceptical about the Blue Sky investment and will remain so until there are clear signs of money being spent both on and off the pitch.

Like Old Sage, whom incidentally I used to sit behind in the Railway stand, I too have spent the afternoon listening to the match commentary in my garden. I am pleased the Vale won today, but won't be making the trip from Congleton to Vale Park until the promised boardroom changes happen AND there is evidence that the new investment is actually real this time!

Ray Williams made a very valid point about all these off the pitch appointments including a paid CEO and Chairman, and where the money is coming from to fund such salaries on gates well below the break-even point.

I'm all for Deakin trying to make the club more professional off the pitch, but feel he is going too far, too soon. Get things moving forwards on the pitch and the rest will take care of its self.

It all depends whether these new appointments are bringing their salaries + more in to the club. I'd hope PD judges these appointments in the same way.

I stopped listening to him when he said that Richards should not be playing as "you are only as good as your last match" and he was poor at Plymouth. His next sentence was that Yates should be playing as he had been good up until the last match when he was poor!! He came across as someone with a chip on their shoulder.

Old Sage. You have typed and spoke everything i believe and think. A very big well done. I admire your honesty, passion and desire for PVFC. Take a bow and "Hold the Line" as they say.
Thanks for that buddy. It is good to know that so many agree with my comments because at times I even start to believe that I am turning into a Valiant Victor Meldrew (Grumpy git). I just had to ring RS after that caller gloating 'where are B&G now?.' Its OK Ackers and co pontificating but when a new job comes along they will be gone and telling some other club's fans how they should get behind the 'lads'.

With regards to Ray he is a Vale fan and his opinion is his right but doesn't mean he is right if you know what I mean. One thing he does know is that the goings on at Vale Park don't 'smell right'. I have just be told on good authority that Mr Miller has about as much money as I do (very little) so where his his dosh coming from. Could be 'plucked out from the sky' I reckon if you get my drift.

I think that Deakin and Miller are not only shafting Port Vale but probably Blue Sky as well, who may be genuine people.

If Deakin is such a good egg how come none of his former employers have a good word for him?. He even told Gillingham that he was taking their vacancy before renaging and heading off to Port Vale. Very trustworthy I don't think!!

Thanks for that buddy. It is good to know that so many agree with my comments because at times I even start to believe that I am turning into a Valiant Victor Meldrew (Grumpy git). I just had to ring RS after that caller gloating 'where are B&G now?.' Its OK Ackers and co pontificating but when a new job comes along they will be gone and telling some other club's fans how they should get behind the 'lads'.

With regards to Ray he is a Vale fan and his opinion is his right but doesn't mean he is right if you know what I mean. One thing he does know is that the goings on at Vale Park don't 'smell right'. I have just be told on good authority that Mr Miller has about as much money as I do (very little) so where his his dosh coming from. Could be 'plucked out from the sky' I reckon if you get my drift.

I think that Deakin and Miller are not only shafting Port Vale but probably Blue Sky as well, who may be genuine people.

If Deakin is such a good egg how come none of his former employers have a good word for him?. He even told Gillingham that he was taking their vacancy before renaging and heading off to Port Vale. Very trustworthy I don't think!!

Mike with you all the way,spot on yesterday as usual,in my opinion anyway.I've been flabbergasted by how some folk have changed their opinions and been quite forceful in sited these.However no-one will sway my thinking,I have a mind of my own!!

Archived