onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Election 2017 pt 2

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

I'm still struggling with Labour, tuition fees to be scrapped and this years fees refunded, that's brilliant, but where the hell is the money coming from ?

And Mrs May aint much better with all her U-Turns.

Same place it used to come from 20 years ago I suppose.

Lets hope then we get good value from the students taking degrees on Beyonce :laugh:

At the end of the day the 9 billion is coming from somewhere like all the other "loans" and I am sure they will have to be paid back.

Ive got enough wondering what May is up to, to even consider the national debt under Corbyn,and a country that has Dianne Abbott sitting at the top table.

The Tories have already raised the national debt by a Trillion, the only way of halting that is by tackling tax evasion/avoidance. Todays poll in Wales gives a 16% swing to Labour with them holding all their seats and gaining 1 from the Tories. Uncertain times.

I'm still struggling with Labour, tuition fees to be scrapped and this years fees refunded, that's brilliant, but where the hell is the money coming from ?

why does nobody ever ask that question when it comes to bombs?!

CIsdAY7WIAAVajB.jpg

All this money will come from the same place as usual,worry about it after the election.

Same place it used to come from 20 years ago I suppose.

Were the Universities as popular back then ? It seems to me the world and his dog go to Uni. now when years ago school leavers went to work and learned on the job.

Were the Universities as popular back then ? It seems to me the world and his dog go to Uni. now when years ago school leavers went to work and learned on the job.
Education needs to meet the needs of the country, years ago we had 4 year apprentices for lots of trades, if they showed great promise they would be given time off to go to Uni, as well as the 10% or so that went to Uni to be doctors, Lawyers etc to fill the degree standard jobs. Open Uni was another option for people to develop. There were expectations that degree standard jobs would continually increase, therefor so should Uni places. But that has not happened.

True. And this leads to other issues. Perhaps numbers should be less, but the access to them should be more equal. But that means making education in general more equal.

Would you accept lowering the numbers of entries to 1998 levels for example (when fee's were first introduced for £1000 a year - I felt so he done by at the time) if the fees were dropped.

The current tuition fees are fair and are capped. The loan system allows anyone to go to university and does not need to be paid back until the graduate is earning a reasonable income. You go to university to further your education with the view of getting the job you want at the end of it. If it became free for everyone then there would be a massive influx in students costing the tax payer millions more.

The current tuition fees are fair and are capped. The loan system allows anyone to go to university and does not need to be paid back until the graduate is earning a reasonable income. You go to university to further your education with the view of getting the job you want at the end of it. If it became free for everyone then there would be a massive influx in students costing the tax payer millions more.
It was always free to go to Uni, it is an investments by the state in its future. Not everyone wants to go, needs to go, or is qualified to go. It is a matter of deciding how many people in all the specialities are required for the jobs at degree level in the future. There are people who regret going to Uni when they find the degree level jobs are no longer there. What annoys me is that it is politicians who had their fees paid, that are now deciding the current generation should not have what they had.

It was always free to go to Uni, it is an investments by the state in its future. Not everyone wants to go, needs to go, or is qualified to go. It is a matter of deciding how many people in all the specialities are required for the jobs at degree level in the future. There are people who regret going to Uni when they find the degree level jobs are no longer there. What annoys me is that it is politicians who had their fees paid, that are now deciding the current generation should not have what they had.

Nobody as long as qualify are denied or cannot go to university, the tuition fees are not a reason for anyone not to go to university, you don't start paying the money back till you start earning £21k a year and even then it only starts at £90 per year and totally wiped off after 30 years.

Nobody as long as qualify are denied or cannot go to university, the tuition fees are not a reason for anyone not to go to university, you don't start paying the money back till you start earning £21k a year and even then it only starts at £90 per year and totally wiped off after 30 years.
Are too many people going to Uni? Why should it not be funded by the state? Some are being put into debt to do jobs they are over qualified for and will never be paid graduate pay. Lots of the debts will be written off as money wasted, Surely better to make sure money is spent wisely inside of wasting people time as well.

Archived