onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Election 2017 pt 2

mr.hobblesworth

Well the tories stand a 90% chance of winning' date=' Labour around 8%, Lib Dems around 1% and the Greens (who I would probably lean towards) around 0.1%.[/quote']

lol why you giving a percentage chance of the greens winning the election?

do you think i would be voting for them in the hope they are going to form the next governent?!

people who vote for the green party do it because they want to vote for the person/party they feel most represented by - not because they think they're going to attain power.

believe it or not, some people don't take into account who they think will win when they vote - they just want to vote for the person/party they agree with the most

Advert

lol why you giving a percentage chance of the greens winning the election?

do you think i would be voting for them in the hope they are going to form the next governent?!

people who vote for the green party do it because they want to vote for the person/party they feel most represented by - not because they think they're going to attain power.

believe it or not, some people don't take into account who they think will win when they vote - they just want to vote for the person/party they agree with the most

That's exactly what everyone should do and I would do.

Really?

You ask the vast majority of Chinese who have been surpressed for years and lacked basic human rights if it has. Also China is now becoming very capatilistic.

I've spent a good deal of time there over recent years so I know the country. As I said it's worked to a degree. Communism isn't however the way forward and that's why the Tories will walk into power.

No one's in a frenzy and I doubt it is going to happen but it's nice that there's the tiniest glimmer of hope. It's also nice to see our much pilloried leader making up ground now that people have had the chance to listen to what he actually says rather than what the right wing press say about him.

I've seen people delirious on twitter that a tinpot band bought him on stage at Prenton Park yesterday, during a gig. The left leaning twitterati are making the same mistake as they did with Ed Miliband - trying to paint him as cool when the reality is the polar opposite for real people.

I've seen people delirious on twitter that a tinpot band bought him on stage at Prenton Park yesterday, during a gig. The left leaning twitterati are making the same mistake as they did with Ed Miliband - trying to paint him as cool when the reality is the polar opposite for real people.

I think we all live in semi-echo chambers and have to be aware of that. We tend to associate with people who are similar to us in many ways. I don't use facebook anymore but my account is still open and the wife sometimes pops on to have a nosey, and its full of pro labour and anti tory posts. Im well aware that it isn't representative of the general public (something Im quite pleased about to be honest). I think we live in a conservative country. I don't like that, but that doesn't change the fact. I hold views that most others don't. I just have to accept that they are all wrong. :razz:

Really?

You ask the vast majority of Chinese who have been surpressed for years and lacked basic human rights if it has. Also China is now becoming very capatilistic.

Agree. The only reason they opened up alot more than previously is because they took back hong kong and they had too but it lives under different rules and is a but less strict, its still a country that has harsh internet censorship, all areas of life are controlled, some blockbuster movies are blocked in china, it hasnt been long since they removed the 1 child policy.

There was shady cases of organ harvesting ( http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1165416/Chinas-hi-tech-death-van-criminals-executed-organs-sold-black-market.html ), they are quite hard on silencing people like supporters of tibet and i even seen a case of a man killed because he chopped down a state owned tree outside of his house in mainland china, i dont think you can protest in mainland china after tiananmen square, you can in hong kong.

Have people now resorted to saying corbyn is going to set up a communist state with him as leader? I missed that line in the manifesto. If we are making things up now, did anyone hear may declare that she plans on selling the NHS to Rupert murdoch?

If the manifesto was written by the "Communist Party of Britain" which fully backs Corbyn ( https://www.communist-party.org.uk/britain/elections/2330-communists-declare-vote-labour-everywhere-for-a-left-led-government.html ) and wants its members to vote for him pretty much no one would of known the difference.

If the manifesto was written by the "Communist Party of Britain" which fully backs Corbyn ( https://www.communist-party.org.uk/britain/elections/2330-communists-declare-vote-labour-everywhere-for-a-left-led-government.html ) and wants its members to vote for him pretty much no one would of known the difference.

Youre getting mixed up with political policies and a political system. The link you gave says a left led government. No one is denying that. I think it speaks volumes that you have not argued anything on policies, and have instead chosen spoken about communism, hitler and chairman mao. Im sure the 1200 communist voters in 2015 will have a massive impact on the election.

You only have to look at the manifesto to see Corbyn wants to move towards communism, he wants to make everybody equal, totally against capitalism, nationalise as much as he can.

You either haven't read the manifesto or don't know what communism is. He wants to make things fairer. There are no communist policies. If you think a natonalised railway system is communist, then half of Europe is communist including the likes of Germany who subsidise their own railways with the profits they make off ours. Sounds like that's working out well for us.

Back to the equality bit though. It does depend on what you mean by equal. If you mean that everyone gets the same no matter what, then I'd like to see the link to those policies. If you mean he would like everyone to have equal opportunity regardless of class, gender, sexuality, race etc, the. I'd equally like to hear why you think that's wrong.

Before the Tory manifsto I wanted Mrs may to get us out of E.U. A.S.A.P. ........but what would happen if Tory's win???

Cut welfare to the bone for the disabled and sick.

Bin the Pensioners triple lock protection against Inflation that they are causing..

Cut the Pensioners winter heating allowance.

Steal your house for Care in the Community

Still won't follow Scotland's free University places.

Raising the price of medicine for the sick and still won't pay expenses for drugs.

Will charge England's sick £10 to see your doctor.

Allow companies to raid company pension pots to buy yachts.

Cut TAX for the rich and International companies trading in the UK.

Privatizing the English NHS.

We have the worst roads in Europe and are paying through the nose in road tax.

The list goes on....................

Swings and Roundabouts folks.

Winter Fuel - most better off pensioners have more than state pensions to rely on.

A great deal of people don't claim what they are entitled to re Pension Credits.

Inheritance Tax

Labour 40% tax on estates over £425k.

Tories- planned £1m before IT.

Cost of care,

Not the best of policies but an example anyway,

You own a house worth 100k cost of care equates to buck all.

Corporation Tax- Labour -26% plus at least £10 minimum wage.

Seriously?

Tories - 17% which allows more for wages and investment.BTW Osbourne increased investment tax.

Archived