onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Election 2017 pt 2

mr.hobblesworth

40 years of Reaganomics coming to an end, or just the start of the end?

I think one thing that may swing a few votes is that people are actually a bit sick of so many elections, referendums, polls and endless bickering political stuff on TV that they are not pleased with the lovely ladyfor calling this election.

It is clear she only called it in her own interest, not the national interest and larger numbers of people are beginning to realise that.

Other things become clear too - for all the name-calling and personal slurs it is obvious Jeremy Corbyn is not a scruff, a liar, a communist or a baby-eating monster as we were told before - indeed his integrity has impressed a lot of people, as have Labour policies - and people have maybe noticed the absence of the real dangerous loons like Boris 'lets bomb Syria' Johnson and Philip 'U turn budget' Hammond.

Policies like rail nationalisation, stopping energy price ripoffs and supporting the NHS have also impressed rather more than stealing pensioners inheritance for social care, support for fox-hunting and grovelling visits to Saudi Arabia, plus taking away Winter Fuel Allowance that May has told us we must accept from her party.

It is still likely that the Tories will win, but if they have an overall majority that is small, or better still no overall majority then the more rabid policies and people can be reeled in and controlled far better and we will all benefit.

Look at your seat and vote for the party most likely to defeat the Conservative candidate - Labour voters where Liberal were second should seriously consider a tactical vote to stop the Tories having a big majority and ruining millions of lives.

Advert

Could it be a reversal of the 2015 election where the polls got it wrong? I doubt it as people don't mind saying they're voting Labour whilst many Tory voters are cautious on who knows they vote that way. But stranger things have happened............

Last time they didn't weight their pills towards the older generations who are more likely to vote, and more likely to vote Tory. It gave a skewed picture. I presume this will be done in new polls. I can't see labour winning, I just want them in a strong enough position when we don't get the eu deal we were promised and voters want to punish the government for it.

Andrew Neil interview with Steptoe tonight.

Please,Andrew,show the recent Sean O'Callaghan interview for the nation to decide exactly what Corbyn and McDonnell really represent.Nice tweet by Pam Bromley,amongst others.(not)

The bomb attack in Manchester was performed by a ****ing terrorist Corbyn you ****.

I hope Jezza's done his maths homework?

Last time they didn't weight their pills towards the older generations who are more likely to vote, and more likely to vote Tory. It gave a skewed picture. I presume this will be done in new polls. I can't see labour winning, I just want them in a strong enough position when we don't get the eu deal we were promised and voters want to punish the government for it.

I think it will be closer than you think. I have friends from many political perspectives. The sway from people who vote Tory usually to the Labour manifesto is strong.

Completely agree. Even you tory voters, make sure you get down to your local polling station on election day, Friday 9th June.

Just vote for any party that don't support fox-hunting, then you won't be supporting the bloodlust of those who think torture and killing animals for fun is great 'sport'.

Andrew Neil interview with Steptoe tonight.

Please,Andrew,show the recent Sean O'Callaghan interview for the nation to decide exactly what Corbyn and McDonnell really represent.Nice tweet by Pam Bromley,amongst others.(not)

The bomb attack in Manchester was performed by a ****ing terrorist Corbyn you ****.

Clearly you didn't understand the semantics of his speech today. Corbyn spoke to people on both sides of the Irish divide in the hope of orchestrating peace, and has thoroughly condemned any violence towards innocents.

Today's speech is true also. Do you really believe that disenchanted people will see their friends and family killed by our bombs and not feel a little bit miffed?

Sent from my F3111 using the onevalefan mobile app

Completely agree. Even you tory voters, make sure you get down to your local polling station on election day, Friday 9th June.

Every vote for the conservatives is a blow to these brave NHS staff who care for people not profits -

look on facebook for NHS 'so you are thinking of voting Conservative' or see post on the original general election thread.

All caring nurses and doctors hate the Tories for what they have done.

My own doctor said this today - that they are still without proper computer systemas and the government are blaming doctors when it is clearly defined as the government that should have backed up the systems and prevented the hacking (his words, well his actual words were that Tories deserve a worse service than normal people for what they have done).

It was interesting that our very own 'Mr Free speech' / lets be balanced poster got so furious about it, it hit hard because these people have no agenda and are not manipulating.

Don't trust the Tories - unless you want a closed Accident and Emergency and bloodlust 'sports', Boris dragging us into a Syria war and no serices, libraries, or proper schools.

I think it will be closer than you think. I have friends from many political perspectives. The sway from people who vote Tory usually to the Labour manifesto is strong.

The only people I have seen supporting labour are nhs workers. Everyone else can see what a farce there manifesto is and how it won't add up. In fact it will bankrupt the country and the nhs, but let's blame that on the Tories because it suits.

Reading their manifesto they state that VAT will not increase. That's a lie because it will have to if they increase Corporation tax and raise the National living wage...it's common sense

Why would any of that trigger an increase in the VAT rate or make zero rated items vatable?

Christ, Michael Fallon is a grade A ****...

Michael Fallon flattened. He attacks Corbyn's words... until he's told they're Boris Johnson's.

I would point out that Boris Johnson is also a grade A **** for slating Corbyn's speech today when he's already said as much himself, but everyone already knows that he's a grade A ****.

The only people I have seen supporting labour are nhs workers. Everyone else can see what a farce there manifesto is and how it won't add up. In fact it will bankrupt the country and the nhs, but let's blame that on the Tories because it suits.

I am supporting labour and I don't work in the public sector.

This talk of bankrupting the country is ********. The tories have doubled our debt and spent more money than any labour government in history, but don't let that get in the way of a good story.

Basically the tories are driving the 'austerity' myth so that their real motives are hidden in plain sight, ie making the NHS look shabby so it can be privatised, blaming immigrants for everything so that they get away with austerity, now even targeting pensioners.

Most tory mps stand to gain financially from the policies that they are trying to enforce, that is the real reason.

Labour has costed out its entire manifesto, yet there are 50 uncosted pledges in the tory one, yet it is labour who lives in dreamland. In my opinion, the Labour manifesto is a glimpse at how great life could really be, unlike the false promises and cuts promised by the tories.

Sent from my F3111 using the onevalefan mobile app

so all those big crowds JC pulls in - in your teeny tiny brain they all work for the NHS?

lol

Christ, Michael Fallon is a grade A ****...

I would point out that Boris Johnson is also a grade A **** for slating Corbyn's speech today when he's already said as much himself, but everyone already knows that he's a grade A ****.

It was indeed laughable

Archived