onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bikey, Eagles & Walker

PureVale

Streete should have been offered a contract earlier instead of leaving it to the last minute then deciding against it. Could we really afford to offer him the same deal he was already on - probably not. If he had accepted it we would have been in the clarts because it would have tied up a considerable percentage of the budget. If he didn't accept it and went elsewhere we would have got a small amount of compensation based on the time he had been with us and the amount of his new contract we offered which would not have been an increase. Brown clearly thought the risk wasn't worth taking for the likely reward. Negotiations before Christmas might have been worth considering with the sort of deal Alnwick was on - an agreed release fee. Sadly, no foresight shown by the club. The fact that the owner was telling folk in the lounges that Streete was a rubbish trainer probably didn't help matters.

He was offered it earlier as I advised you previously.

It wouldn't have been a small amount, take a look at James Collins who had played similar games when his fee went through a tribunal as I also posted previously.

Advert

Players have all the power nowadays. We'd have never kept Alnwick on a longer contract if it wasn't for the release clause his team would have insisted on.

The one that will always baffle me until the day I die is the scandalous release of Streete, a huge asset and possibly even more valuable for absolutely nothing.

And who was to blame for allowing the scandalous release ?

He was offered it earlier as I advised you previously.

It wouldn't have been a small amount, take a look at James Collins who had played similar games when his fee went through a tribunal as I also posted previously.

Which James Collins, there seems to be a few.

Are you on about the one who moved from Shrewsbury to Swindon?

If so, he was a striker with a one in three scoring record who was on the up.

Streete was a defender that had just conceded a shed load of goals whilst paired with a very highly thought of partner.

We would of course have got something ... but nothing life changing would be my guess.

Which James Collins, there seems to be a few.

Are you on about the one who moved from Shrewsbury to Swindon?

If so, he was a striker with a one in three scoring record who was on the up.

Streete was a defender that had just conceded a shed load of goals whilst paired with a very highly thought of partner.

We would of course have got something ... but nothing life changing would be my guess.

That's the one, comparisons are very similar in regard to the upwardly mobile way their careers were looking especially after Page left here. Same amount of games too. Good striking ratio. No team can defend with two superb players, we've had idiots in the full back positions all season aside from Knopps and when Grant left we had an abysmal midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

comparisons are very similar in regard to the upwardly mobile way their careers were looking especially after Page left here. Same amount of games too.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I just don't agree that comparisons are very similar. And not just because disagreeing with you is one of my favourite things to do ;)

I genuinely think that tribunals look more favourably on strikers (who command higher transfer fees than defenders normally).

Collins had had two very successful little loan spells maintaining his one in three record.

Streete had one loan spell with us where he didn't play much and then one at rangers where he played even less.

As Remi himself says on his twitter page ... defenders win championships... we got relegated.

He is good, but not £220k at tribunal good (which I think was the Collins fee after appearance monies were due)

In saying that he does have a good goals record from centre half which would count in his favour.

Problem is we will never know, so it's all hearsay.

I just don't agree that comparisons are very similar. And not just because disagreeing with you is one of my favourite things to do ;)

I genuinely think that tribunals look more favourably on strikers (who command higher transfer fees than defenders normally).

Collins had had two very successful little loan spells maintaining his one in three record.

Streete had one loan spell with us where he didn't play much and then one at rangers where he played even less.

As Remi himself says on his twitter page ... defenders win championships... we got relegated.

He is good, but not £220k at tribunal good (which I think was the Collins fee after appearance monies were due)

In saying that he does have a good goals record from centre half which would count in his favour.

Problem is we will never know, so it's all hearsay.

I agree we won't thanks to Brown and Garlick.

I know you like to disagree with me, I'm still waiting for this proof of me liking all of Martino's posts! 😂

The manager, chairman, and especially the players are in a revolving door, and it spins even faster in League 2. Next summer we'll be talking about how it's essential that a host of other as-yet-unknown players are signed up long term. Most of them will slip through our fingers due to disinterest, greed, ignorance, unprofessionalism and delusion to some degree or another from the parties involved. It's the same circus every year.

I agree we won't thanks to Brown and Garlick.

I know you like to disagree with me, I'm still waiting for this proof of me liking all of Martino's posts! 😂

I agree we won't thanks to Smurthwaite.

😂😂 You got me on the liking of martinos posts. Someone told me you had in casual conversation about how daft you both look on here and I should have checked the sources.

I'm happy to admit I was wrong... shows strength of character.

Sperm. So Garlick is now also on your hate list James? You hate, Pope, Page, Yates, Burchill, Garlick, Brown, Bill Bell, Lodey, Dodds and so on and so on...

The only person you don't get on the case of is Mr Smurthwaite. Weird. The most useless obnoxious spivvy chap to rock up at VP in my life time.

Sperm. So Garlick is now also on your hate list James? You hate, Pope, Page, Yates, Burchill, Garlick, Brown, Bill Bell, Lodey, Dodds and so on and so on...

The only person you don't get on the case of is Mr Smurthwaite. Weird. The most useless obnoxious spivvy chap to rock up at VP in my life time.

You've got so many of those names wrong it's untrue.

Furthermore, hate? Really?

Who hates a footballer? I really don't know what is wrong with people who post daft posts like yours.

I agree we won't thanks to Smurthwaite.

You got me on the liking of martinos posts. Someone told me you had in casual conversation about how daft you both look on here and I should have checked the sources.

I'm happy to admit I was wrong... shows strength of character.

It does indeed, don't believe the haters

Archived