onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vegan burgers anyone?

Mr Vale

Advert

FGR promoted to league 2 for the first time in their history, I didn't get to go to their ground in our fa cup tie (went to Shortwood which is close) so its a first visit for me.

Not too sure about this though...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-38099788/the-completely-vegan-football-club

Sent from my SM-G935F using the onevalefan mobile app

Their owner is a greeny. Solar panels all round the ground and loads of recycling. Went to the Cup tie there so it won't be a new ground but the new Barnet one will be and the Newport ground - haven't been to Newport for over 30 years and it was the old ground then.

They're also looking to build a ground entirely from wood from sustainable sources. Still although I'm pleased for their fans it's another trek and poor away following to Vale Park.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-37862411

Yes, would much have preferred Tranmere who deserved it on their league form over the season. Great old rivals of ours who would have brought a strong following to Vale Park instead of the 26 we'll probably get from Forest Green.

Met an American fella in the Bulls Head a few years ago. He was travelling back from, I think, Tranmere Rovers who were then in the FL with a bloke who was a TRFC fan living in Leicester. His name was Forest Green and FGR was his team. Nice fella who was stunned by the architecture in an around Burslem, after I pointed it out to him. He'll be pleased, I wonder if he'll make the trip back when we play them.

Yes, would much have preferred Tranmere who deserved it on their league form over the season. Great old rivals of ours who would have brought a strong following to Vale Park instead of the 26 we'll probably get from Forest Green.

That may be a little unfair - as the grounds will all be new, and it is their first season FGR may bring far more than half of the other clubs and possibly as many as Tranmere would, if FGR are playing well.

I can remember several visits to Vale Park when Tranmere bought barely 100 or 150 fans as well.

A great chance to see a new club, give them a chance.

So Tranmere finish the season with 9 points more than FGR and FGR go up, something's not right there.

Time to be fair and admit that scenario is hardly the fault of FGR - its the playoffs and if you are against those, then you are right in terms of fairness but that is a different argument.

How many points did Vale finish ahead of WBA in 92/93 but still not get promoted ? There have been much bigger margins than 9 points where teams scrape into the playoffs then win them.

The playoffs, rightly or wrongly, keep the season alive for many, many teams and with the demand fro instant gratification and endless competition so strong, I doubt if we will ever go back to the previous route now.

Id say if you had a poll about 75 per cent or more of football fans would keep the playoff system rather than promote the highest club of the 4 in the playoffs automatically

So Tranmere finish the season with 9 points more than FGR and FGR go up, something's not right there.

What was the points difference between us and WBA when they beat us in the play off final. It hurts when you are in that position at the end of the season, but if you ask fans at the start of the season whether or not they wanted the play offs to continue, 95% would say yes, because it makes the league competative all the way until the end of the season.

Good luck to them and their fans

But vegan burgers?.... rather suck diarrhea through a sweaty sock

That's strange - I didn't see diarrhea in a sweaty sock amongst the main or the side Thai dishes at Waitrose yesterday - proves that they can't get the authentic stuff I suppose.

PS I've heard Crawley do a nice mucus fondue with pus sauce and the earwax sandwiches with crunchy toenail and fresh scabs at Accrington are just to die for.

Archived