onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ambition?

RichG

Advert

Rich, Posh have done this for years. Without being a total geek and researching, i can think of Dwight Gayle, Brett Assombolonga, Conor Washington. They have sometimes paid fees of up to 200 grand for these players and developed them further.

Got a feeling Mackail-Smith was also sold at huge profit having paid a reasonable fee.

The upshot mate is that you speculate to accumulate, something Vale do not attempt.

As a football anorak of all divisions it was not rocket science maybe in January time that Ricky Miller was going to be punted on by somebody.

For me John Akinde is worth a punt, though his career is predominantly southern based, he must score 50 % of goals at Barnet every season.

I suppose Posh must be able to coach their lads well, on top of being able to spot them. I wonder if a good coach of forwards like Martin Foyle could polish Hooper, Forrester, Reg etc... into something more than they are now, or if there is just nothing there?

As the saying goes ' you can't polish a turd '

Posh have signed two of the most promising non league players, both on free transfers. What are we doing? Any news re contracts, players of interest?
Continuity!! Barry Fry has been there since 1996 as Manager, Chairman, DofF in various combinations, no doubt a reliable scouting network exists.

I suppose Posh must be able to coach their lads well, on top of being able to spot them. I wonder if a good coach of forwards like Martin Foyle could polish Hooper, Forrester, Reg etc... into something more than they are now, or if there is just nothing there?

There is nothing there sadly.

Sent from my SM-G903F using the onevalefan mobile app

No, it didn't work with JJ although we have persisted with playing him on the wing with one lone striker up top. Bruno did it. Brown continued to do it.

I'll reserve judgement on Brown until he's had chance to get some better players in. We all know that we need two new strikers who are much better than the current ones.

It's difficult to even think about the football side of things until the ownership issue is resolved. Feeling fed up with it. We're desperate for a fresh start so people want to go and renew their season tickets.

How about the ambition of Michael Brown and his attitude?

So much doom and gloom surrounds selling the club. He is not running us into any financial ruin he is keeping the club afloat.

Why can't anyone just look forward to next season, I'm actually excited after Michael Browns comments. He wants to build a team which have the same desire and passion as he did.

Isn't that all we ever want on the football pitch? Just my thinking but maybe we should be less negative and more optimistic.

However this is a negative forum so this is highly unlikely.

How about the ambition of Michael Brown and his attitude?

So much doom and gloom surrounds selling the club. He is not running us into any financial ruin he is keeping the club afloat.

Why can't anyone just look forward to next season, I'm actually excited after Michael Browns comments. He wants to build a team which have the same desire and passion as he did.

Isn't that all we ever want on the football pitch? Just my thinking but maybe we should be less negative and more optimistic.

However this is a negative forum so this is highly unlikely.

Did you watch any of last season? Nothing to do with this forum at all, it's the ***** we've just witnessed over the the last season, 1st with Bruno and then with Brown, the bloke took us down without a whimper and gets a full time contract for his failure. We've lost one of our best players in Streete without offering a contract as we couldn't afford for him to sign it and we've just signed flaming Pugh, now excuse me for being the a touch negative here but I don't see much to be positive about.

And that's without going into the farcical scenario going on off the pitch at present.

Are you Fradley by chance?

What is the point in offering streete a deal? 130k wages, 10% of wage budget potentially. That's maybe 2-3 players in our league to gain what 50k-100k if we're lucky? Complete waste of time and effort and were restricting him from moving into a better club and playing at a higher level. It just doesn't make any sense at all for so little money involved. It's peanuts.

Did Michael brown have his own squad - No.

Did the Michael brown players put a good shift in - Yes

Did Michael brown improve the overall gameplay - yes

Tactically he could be questioned but in terms of pushing the players to their most he give it a good go. All ifs and buts with tactics but if your going to go out you mayswell doing it fighting.

What is the point in offering streete a deal? 130k wages, 10% of wage budget potentially. That's maybe 2-3 players in our league to gain what 50k-100k if we're lucky? Complete waste of time and effort and were restricting him from moving into a better club and playing at a higher level. It just doesn't make any sense at all for so little money involved. It's peanuts.

Did Michael brown have his own squad - No.

Did the Michael brown players put a good shift in - Yes

Did Michael brown improve the overall gameplay - yes

Tactically he could be questioned but in terms of pushing the players to their most he give it a good go. All ifs and buts with tactics but if your going to go out you mayswell doing it fighting.

We're a club that is 3.7 million is debt and it's peanuts. We should be grabbing anything we can with both hands. That's great don't bother offering him anything as it may hamper him moving to a rival. Great work. What's tpo say that we wouldn't get a few quid plus a % sell on, just doesn't make sense to me.

As for the Brown squad thing, who cares, nothing changed from Bruno. Not 1 more ounce of fight, not even new manager syndrome. Good shift.....don't remember much of a shift being put in many of the games no, from Oldham away until the last game of the season at Fleetwood. Possibly Chesterfield away being the pick of a bad bunch.

And that is why you don't run a football club. Your aiming too high. We wouldn't get a sell on fee, he has only been with us for 18 months? It's got no ground and why restrict us singing 2/3 players and bedding them in?

In regards to your Brown comment we will agree to disagree.

Archived