onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite

Beza

The whole Bruno/foreign players/bring em in and sell em on thing was a strategy..it was a load of horlicks but it was a strategy. Even going for the cheap options was a strategy..a cr@p one but a strategy none the less

Unless he now has a strategy that he can convince people is a winner and it turns out it is a winner then there is simply no basis for believing he can take the club forward based in what he has done in the past. If he wants to stay then we need that strategy now and need to be convinced by it.

Isnt that part of a Monty Python sketch?

Advert

I'm sorry to say that Norman has alienated so many good people who loved the club that even any new owners will struggle to claw them back. Unfortunately, Norman has no chance even if he comes up with his new strategy. No one will believe him as he is both clueless and a compulsive liar.

Football fans are too impatient to wait for 5 year plans. Everybody wants instant success these days.

Not true. Some folk on here have waited decades for success and will carry on waiting. They just want someone in charge who has a bit of a clue what he is doing and gives them some hope that success will come eventually.

To be honest It won't make a difference to me what the price is. After having a ST consecutively since 84,apart from a 5 year break due to work and family commitments,I'm so fed up of the way I'm treated as a fan by the club(Smurf) I'm not buying unless the chairman and Brown go. It could be free to get in for the season and I still won't be purchasing one.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

:unsure::blink::huh:

He needs to build bridges very quickly with both the media and fans to begin with. The current position with the Sentinel is bizarre and after yesterday I'm sure there needs statements about health and safety etc

Not only the lack of action by the stewards which allowed the Bolton fan's to get on the pitch.But the locked gate from the railway onto the Normid carpark.Locking this gate forced more people onto Hamil road through a bottleneck.I really don't see what the logic of locking that gate was.

Not true. Some folk on here have waited decades for success and will carry on waiting. They just want someone in charge who has a bit of a clue what he is doing and gives them some hope that success will come eventually.

Some folk will wait decades but the majority want success now. That is why there are thousands of Man Utd, Arse, Chelsea and Liverpool fans in the Stoke on Trent area.

Some folk will wait decades but the majority want success now. That is why there are thousands of Man Utd, Arse, Chelsea and Liverpool fans in the Stoke on Trent area.
Like going to the picture, you know what`s coming. Where is the heritage in that?

Not only the lack of action by the stewards which allowed the Bolton fan's to get on the pitch.But the locked gate from the railway onto the Normid carpark.Locking this gate forced more people onto Hamil road through a bottleneck.I really don't see what the logic of locking that gate was.
Gates have 4 purposes, to keep people in or out, or let people in or out. Any bodies guess, since the usual one at that time was not being used.

Football fans are too impatient to wait for 5 year plans. Everybody wants instant success these days.

Smurf has had 4 1/2 years hasn't he? So I think fans have been more than patient enough. I cannot see a 5 year plan or even a 2 week plan from Smurf. We are in as bad if not worse position than when Smurf took over with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Smurf has had 4 1/2 years hasn't he? So I think fans have been more than patient enough. I cannot see a 5 year plan or even a 2 week plan from Smurf. We are in as bad if not worse position than when Smurf took over with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I agree he had a 5 year plan to get us in the Championship. The year number 5 will be League Two. if he had trusted Page for another season even gave him room to build the Play-Offs may have been in question.

We seem to attract chancers and losers,why is that?

Archived