onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Thinking Ahead...

Unofficialvale

Turner definitely 100% got a 2 year deal, whilst the other youth graduates got one year deals.

So far only Slinn has been announced as being offered a pro contract from the youth team.

I thought we'd tied Streete up to a longer deal? Or am I getting mixed up with Smith?

That's Smith. Streete and Foley are currently negotiating - but I think that means they're waiting to see what league we end up in.

Advert

Turner definitely 100% got a 2 year deal, whilst the other youth graduates got one year deals.

So far only Slinn has been announced as being offered a pro contract from the youth team.

I thought we'd tied Streete up to a longer deal? Or am I getting mixed up with Smith?

Smith has a new deal until 2019, no contract for Streete yet

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Only Smithie and Knopps would be missed and some of them I would be delighted to see the back of!

I can't see Streete being at the club next season simply because the owner won't or can't afford the contract necessary to keep him at the club. In truth though would he really wish to stay at a club in which there is so much turmoil behind the scenes? I'm certain that is why Dodds left us last year because he is a bright lad who could see that the heart had been ripped out of a happy squad.

Guest TommyMac
Thinking ahead to next season, where ever we are. We have 9 players with a contract (as below), so it's going to be another summer of massive change. If it was down to me I'd have a 20 man squad of quality players, especially if we are in league 2. Thoughts folks? 7c6e4c3a13afa690dfacde9db9c40de1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

The only one of the contracted nine I want to see at the club next season is the only one I fear will leave.

Streete wont sign in league 2 and i am certain Smith will go before playing a game there as well. If we are to build a promotion chasing team then we have to pinch other teams better players,yes it will cost but so has this season and that cost could be permanent damage.

Should we by some miracle stay up then i would aim for Carey at Plymouth(not sure on contract length) and Matt Godden at Stevenage who will be out of contract at the end of the season,we will have to pay decent wages and sadly thats where the problem will be

Under contract

De Freitas - 2018

Forrester - 2018

Mbamba - 2018

Kiko - 2018

Knopps - 2018

Smith - 2019

Tavares - 2018

Pereia - 2018

Cecilia - 2018

Youth Players with unkown deals

Reeves

Turner

Gibbons

Pickering

Out of Contract

Yates

Bikey

Purkiss

Eagles

Pugh

Mehmet

Shalaj

Thomas

Hooper

Brown

Streete

Boot

Lloyd

Taylor

Foley

Johnson

Kelly

Tanser

On Loan

Guy

Fasan

Shopido

Prohouly

If anyone thinks we will get relegated and come staight back up is very sadly deluded. We will stuggle to stay in the league. The whole set up is a joke, being a Vale fan for fifty five years I have seen more defeats then I care to think about but this season has done it for me. I can take defeat but the manner of many of this seasons performances have knocked the soul of of me. Enough is enough I find it so hard to drum up any enthusiasm I think this is my last season.

Under contract

De Freitas - 2018

Forrester - 2018

Mbamba - 2018

Kiko - 2018

Knopps - 2018

Smith - 2019

Tavares - 2018

Pereia - 2018

Cecilia - 2018

Youth Players with unkown deals

Reeves

Turner

Gibbons

Pickering

Out of Contract

Yates

Bikey

Purkiss

Eagles

Pugh

Mehmet

Shalaj

Thomas

Hooper

Brown

Streete

Boot

Lloyd

Taylor

Foley

Johnson

Kelly

Tanser

On Loan

Guy

Fasan

Shopido

Prohouly

I would offer deals to;

Pugh

Foley

Streete

Hooper

Eagles

Taylor

Boot

If we were relegated I would also offer to;

Yates

Kelly

I would look to get the following out on loan;

Reeves

Turner

Gibbons

Pickering

I would look to release OR loan;

Cecilia

Peiria

And would offer free transfers to;

Tavares

Mbamba

Leaving a first team squd of;

Goalkeepers;

Boot

Defenders

Streete

Smith

Knopps

Kiko

Yates (league two)

Taylor

Midfeilders

Pugh

Foley

De Freitas

Eagles

Kelly (league two)

Strikers

Forrester

Hooper

To bring in;

Goalkeeper - Chris Neal please.

Striker x2 (one young on loan one 30+ year old (( Andy Williams))

Midfielder x1 - New Louis Dodds

Defender - one right back

Plus replace the ones who refuse deals. Trim the squad right down and then look to the loan market if needs be.

Archived