onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Do the Players care Enough?

old sage

I'm very sorry to say but until we get an owner who can manage the club properly then I see very little hope for Port Vale in the future.

The team manager can only work with the tools and budget he has been dealt with. Our owner should sell up and with any money he gets for it invest in the computer game Team Manager because he can do not real damage that way.

Advert

It beggars believe the hole that the vale are in after the start we had this season the mistakes that have been made are unacceptable to the fans of our club.Signing players who are totally out of there depth scouting system which must be the one of the worst in the football league [or some shyster of a agent sending us fake videos of players for us to sign].We have a local ex player who played hundreds of games and would run through a brick wall for the vale who is a football agent now has anybody from the club ever asked him i very much doubt it.The only plus side we have is our two centre backs who are trying there guts out week in week out with no help what so ever from all around them including the man at the top why remi is still not tied down with a contract is unbelievable.

It beggars believe the hole that the vale are in after the start we had this season the mistakes that have been made are unacceptable to the fans of our club.Signing players who are totally out of there depth scouting system which must be the one of the worst in the football league [or some shyster of a agent sending us fake videos of players for us to sign].We have a local ex player who played hundreds of games and would run through a brick wall for the vale who is a football agent now has anybody from the club ever asked him i very much doubt it.The only plus side we have is our two centre backs who are trying there guts out week in week out with no help what so ever from all around them including the man at the top why remi is still not tied down with a contract is unbelievable.

Great to see you are still as passionate as that Bradford day:laugh:

What would you do if you were Remi?

No player deliberately performs badly. Everyone has their off days. You couldn't level that accusation against them when we played our recent two home games that we won.

Sometimes these things happen. Brown is suggesting it might have been tiredness. Who knows? But playing a patched up XI Sat-Tues-Sat isn't helping us at all. We've got too many players who are not fully match fit and/or carrying injuries and that doesn't help. I think we had 9 out last night (including Amoros and Walker) didn't we? No team in the land can carry an injury list like that and it disrupts the cohesion, organisation and teamwork of the XI out on the pitch.

It's bitterly disappointing but I don't think anyone ever deliberately goes out to play badly.

Vale fans will always forgive the team for loosing, if they look as if they tried. The side look as if the confidence has gone again. After the last win, you would have thought they would be wanting another win. But no, it was like seeing the players run in quick sand, while the Coventry players had special boots on which stopped them sinking into the ground. Last night it seemed that most of the team was having an off day and looked like they did not want the ball, hence the appearance they were not bothered.

Only the players know if they were bothered about wearing a Vale Shirt and playing in the match. It is down to Brown and his staff to pick the players (that we have left uninjured/or carrying a slight injury at the moment)to play matches. If they feel they are not bothered about winning/playing, then they need to take action and sort them out.

The chance to move out of the bottom four and they bottled it by the looks of it. Full Credit to Coventry, they seemed to want it more and the generosity of Vale players allowed them to score, which they had not done for a month, not 1 but 2 goals and look as if they would score more throughout the match.

The players are not fit enough by the looks of things (Brown has said this), hence the injuries and this stems back to Bruno's era. Is Brown working them too hard with the wrong training, hence the injuries now? This is for them to ask the physio, players and look at changing something.

Most will move onto another club this summer without a passing thought for us.

The others will return to the comfort of their parent clubs and back to reserve football.

Out of the 9 we have for next season, Smith will be sold and the others don't feature much so will also likely leave.

It's an absolute shambles.

Effort & the players caring is the least of our worries. Ability, or lack of is the problem. Coupled with lack of experience.

Taylor, Foley, eagles & purkiss a side, how many league games had the rest of the starting 11 played. How many of them games have been appearances made this season only?

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

From the very little I have seen that's a fair assessment. I go back to Bristol Rovers away...we looked good and played some nice stuff until they scored and then in the second half they got stuck into us and we didn't give it back to them. Play like that for 90 mins and we'll not win any of the battles and so won't win much at all

From the very little I have seen that's a fair assessment. I go back to Bristol Rovers away...we looked good and played some nice stuff until they scored and then in the second half they got stuck into us and we didn't give it back to them. Play like that for 90 mins and we'll not win any of the battles and so won't win much at all
Need a few bruisers in L1.

Absolutely.

I've been saying all season that we needed a physically strong and vocal captain. I'm sorry but I don't see Purkiss as a captain in a million years.

We also miss Grant in front of the back four as he was our dog-of-war, though some on here derided his value to the team.

Up front the ball doesn't stick. That's why I've said for some time now that Pope hasn't been replaced. I'm not talking about his goals/assists but his hold up play and aerial ability, in both boxes. Occasionally Forrester does this job as best as he is able but the rest? It keeps coming back. Reg can't do it. Hooper isn't the best. Eagles can't do it. Kelly, Shadipo, etc are too lightweight.

The spine of the team is the problem. For Mussy, Swan, Van der Laan & Folye it now reads inexperienced keeper, Streete, Guy/Reeves, Cecilia.

I'm sure that's why Brown brought in Taylor but you can't rebuild a team in mid season and the type of physically determined leaders I'm talking about don't come cheap.

Laugh if you like but we still miss a player like Dicko too.

Far too many lightweight softies in the first XI.

Archived