onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Do the Players care Enough?

old sage

Looking back after the result of last night's game when ray Williams was extremely critical of most of the players lack lustre performance for a game that the team should have been 'busting a gut' to win because the 3 points would have put us in the driving seat. So to hear the performance as being ''appalling'' and that Reggie should have been subbed as he was doing nothing I find amazing because he should have been trying to convince the manager that he was worthy of a place in the team and not confirming that the manager's opinion of him is correct.

Players lacking the required ability is one thing and this is the fault of the rubbish owner that we currently have but to show a general lack of effort or care for the fans who turn up both home and away is unforgiveable and with the exception of a small number including Smithy and Streete who stand out like beacons amongst a team filled with loanees and dross.Clearly there needs to be a massive clear out as this lot will never get us back up into L1.

I personally can stand most things but lack of effort never

Advert

I have already said on matchday thread Sage that it is a given any game 100% effort. A team with such notorious animals as Brown and Morgan coaching them should be masters at getting stuck in, being niggly and horrible to beat. Not nice i know but needs must when you are battling for your lives.

I for one can forgive poor play , what i can't forgive is a lack of pride or effort.

Shameful

Ray Williams is a tool however

I have already said on matchday thread Sage that it is a given any game 100% effort. A team with such notorious animals as Brown and Morgan coaching them should be masters at getting stuck in, being niggly and horrible to beat. Not nice i know but needs must when you are battling for your lives.

I for one can forgive poor play , what i can't forgive is a lack of pride or effort.

Shameful

Pretty much sums things up nicely.

That said you could see Smith cared and did bust a gut and was physically shaken at the end of the game. He and Streete and normally Foley care. The rest including the hopeless coaching team I would stick on a sinking burning and send them out to sea to put them out of their misery.

The very least I expect athletes to do is try.

Yes agree about Smith i was generalising.

Against Swindon a lad called Colkett sat in the bycars penalty box after the final whistle and was crestfallen at losing, probably was the last one off the pitch.

Turns out he isn't even a Swindon player he is on loan from Chelsea, but what a great attitude to the game at a young age.

Last night was the biggest kick in the proverbials for many a long while.

I am still stunned , losing is not the problem, the manner of defeat is.

I think they do care however last night even some of our consistent players had a bad game such as foley eagles and Taylor. It was just one of those nights where everything they tried went wrong. The first goal was massive and unfortunately for us, they scored a cracker. They didn't look like scoring up to this point. Our main problem last night was that we were awful from set pieces.

Shameful

Don't you mean Blakeman is a tool? Ray served the club graciously for many years in various roles while Blakeman cannot wait to have a go at "whinging" Vale fans more or less whenever I turn the radio on.

Also, the point above is a good one. We have players in the squad who don't have the desire or stomach for a dogfight. I mean aren't relegation battles the only thing Sam Foley has known as a footballer? We have a squad full of losers and failures.

I think they do care however last night even some of our consistent players had a bad game such as foley eagles and Taylor. It was just one of those nights where everything they tried went wrong. The first goal was massive and unfortunately for us, they scored a cracker. They didn't look like scoring up to this point. Our main problem last night was that we were awful from set pieces.

Sorry to disagree mate, but no they didn't care, or at least most of them didn't. We were not only awful at set pieces but awful at pretty well everything. From the outset, against the bottom team we have to expect Vale would try and dominate from the off. It was abundantly clear Brown had a plan...hold them at least until half time and do absolutely nowt offensise wise!

Some do some don't some just aren't good enough and as much as they try they are not up to the task they fit better in non league teams which is where they came from really league 2 in Portugal France Iceland which is suppose will match the conference level

Don't you mean Blakeman is a tool? Ray served the club graciously for many years in various roles while Blakeman cannot wait to have a go at "whinging" Vale fans more or less whenever I turn the radio on.

Also, the point above is a good one. We have players in the squad who don't have the desire or stomach for a dogfight. I mean aren't relegation battles the only thing Sam Foley has known as a footballer? We have a squad full of losers and failures.

Williams may well of played for us, many on here will agree and i guess many will dis-agree, Ray Williams is bitter and twisted about Vale since he was relieved of his duties as a scout. Mick Cullerton knocks him into oblivion with his knowledge and concise summarising.

Williams comes across as a negative moaning minnie, Blakeman is also a yes man.

.................. a general lack of effort or care for the fans who turn up both home and away is unforgiveable and with the exception of a small number including Smithy and Streete who stand out like beacons amongst a team filled with loanees and dross.Clearly there needs to be a massive clear out as this lot will never get us back up into L1.

I personally can stand most things but lack of effort never

Smith and Street will most likely be gone anyway, so no chance of immediately getting back into L1.

It would mean a massive clear out and a start from scratch that would take a few years to be good enough to be promoted back into L1. That is if the club should manage to avoid the drop into none league.

Smith and Street willmost likely be gone anyway, so no chance of immediately getting back into L1.

It would mean a massive clear out and a start from scratch that would take a few years to be good enough to be promoted back into L1. That is if the club should manage to avoid the drop into none league.

Could be oblivion for a while, taken Pompey about 4 years on 16,000 gates. Luton also get 7,000 plus and are a bigger fish than us.

Chesterfield may regroup and challenge, they seem a bit of a yo-yo club, may be wrong but have they not won League 2 title twice in recent years?

It doesn't bear thinking about really, makes me bad .

Smith was class and prevented a battering. He didn't deserve to be on that side last night as cant slate him at all.

The annoying thing is the past few games we've all been raving about the effort the lads have put in and yet last night they threw in that performance! Maybe fatigue played a part I don't know but Reg should of been fairly fresh. It was a very Bruno era away performance.

I just didn't see them doing that after the last few games. That is what hurts the most.

Having slept on it, it's still depressing this morning. I think some players care, but they are being let down by the majority, who are just not good enough individually or collectively.

After witnessing that performance I think I'd just be happy to at least steady the ship next season and not drop out of league 2 into the Conf. We need to look at the Burton way, build progressively and steadily improve season on season. Adding better players to areas of weakness but keep a core sqaud together and have a plan. There will be some setbacks but ripping up the plan after one cup defeat should never be considered a sensible approach. If players are either sicknotes or not good enough to improve the position that's occupied then they should not be signed.

Having slept on it, it's still depressing this morning. I think some players care, but they are being let down by the majority, who are just not good enough individually or collectively.

After witnessing that performance I think I'd just be happy to at least steady the ship next season and not drop out of league 2 into the Conf. We need to look at the Burton way, build progressively and steadily improve season on season. Adding better players to areas of weakness but keep a core sqaud together and have a plan. There will be some setbacks but ripping up the plan after one cup defeat should never be considered a sensible approach. If players are either sicknotes or not good enough to improve the position that's occupied then they should not be signed.

The only way to build a team, 3 or 4 first teamers a season, not 3 or 4 dozen chancers.

Archived