onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite statement

suge1w

Pretty much sums the sentinel up, always happy to put the boot into little port vale. How anyone there can call themselves a vale fan is beyond me.

Whether you believe smurf or not, for him to ask the sentinel not to publish the info as it could scupper a deal, a deal which gets rid of smurf which is what most vale fans want I would assume, yet the sentinel stick two fingers up at the vale, smurf and vale fans and release it anyway.

Considering he doesn't speak to the sentinel do you believe he asked them that,personally and i could be wrong i would guess he got someone to send the info to them in the knowledge they would print in and meaning that when the errrrmmmmm so called deals broke down then he can blame the sentinel again....only my opinion of it of course

Advert

I can't believe that Tavares and Mbamba are the 2nd and 3rd highest paid at the club.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I can believe it with Tavares, given his previous experience and reputation, but Mbamba??? Wasn't he signed from the Norwegian 6th division? Basically a Pub team?? Something very, very dodgy about that.

I can't believe that Tavares and Mbamba are the 2nd and 3rd highest paid at the club.

I didn't see it but I find that absolutely astounding.

When Mbamba was signed I was shot down by certain posters for giving my knowledge on the standard of the league he had come from. He had been a bit of a journeyman in lower league Norwegian football which is borderline pub league.

To make him one of the highest paid players is absolutely barmy.

And has been proved.

i uploaded the post of the players salaries, but was quickly vilified for posting it so requested the thread to be taken down.

i can't believe that tavares and mbamba are the 2nd and 3rd highest paid at the club.

mbamba... 3rd highest paid at the club.

[screams internally]

Guest barnzay_13

I can upload it again if people want to see it, its very outdated before Smith pay rise etc etc.

Folks, I am not saying anyone has crossed the line yet but just a pre-emptive warning to keep it civil. I don't see what good arguments among fans do when the point of the thread is to discuss the statement from the chairman.

So, rather than going off-topic can we please try and keep this one onto the subject of what the statement claims (which to be fair is what is happening so far) and not let it descend into personal abuse.

As always please use the report button to report any posts that contravene our rules and a member of the team will react as soon as they are able to.

Thanks!

I agree 100% with Jean. To add to her explanation:

I was also one of the select group given the information. I am not part of the group of fans that Tim mentioned and I haven't received much communication from NS for a while so this came somewhat out of the blue to be honest.

It actually came at a time when I was very busy with family and work issues and I didn't have time to read the attachments (in fact I didn't even notice them for some hours as I saw the email on my phone but then had to drive for some hours).

However, contrary to the claim of "no-one having the courtesy" to respond I emailed him back and also spoke to him extensively that evening (I can't believe he didn't remember spending the evening on the phone to me!).

In the emails/calls I basically said I just wanted owners who had the good of the club at heart, that I agreed that he had a duty of care to protect the welfare of the club when he sold it and also that I very much shared his reservations about selling to hedge funds. I must admit I didn't discuss the info in the attachments in any depth as I hadn't had much chance to read them.

I would also say that I categorically did not leak the information to the Sentinel. I am sure if anyone wanted to they could ask any of the journalists if it was me and they would be able to deny it and I would be prepared to make a legal statement backing up this if needed. I do respect information given to me in confidence and various people (Vale staff, players and players' families would confirm that I have never breached confidences).

Anyhow, that's me. I repeat I don't feel like I'm part of a "select group" because this came out of the blue. I used to have a close relationship when Paul Wildes was in charge as they often ran press releases past me but while I am on speaking/email terms with Norman, I would not consider myself an "insider" in any way.

Thanks,

Rob

So thats you and Jean that we know off who DID reply to him and yet he says that no one had the courtesy to reply to him.....i cant believe that people still stick up for him,he needs to sell up before he ends up in the nut house imo

Back to his statement;

Due to a serious disagreement between Bruno Ribero and the senior management of the hedge fund, they chose not to continue with the purchase at the end of their exclusivity period

Are you kidding???? A group willing to pay millions over the odds for a club and they walked away because they didn't like the manager Ribero.

When he puts things like this in his statement how can you believe the rest.

Having seen people suffer from nervous breakdowns in work situations and whilst mindful that I am no medical expert I am fearful for Norman Smurthwaite's welfare and state of mind..I've seen this sort of behaviour before when it wasn't down to being narcissistic nor a habitual liar nor anything remotely like that..it was a cornered human being feeling that he had nowhere to go and so was lashing out in all directions against those he felt were out to get him (justified or not, self inflicted or not).

I've said previously that Norman should step back from all this and let the professionals run the club day to day, week to week..for the good of the club and for the good of Norman Smurthwaite I firmly believe that should happen.

Obviously everyone is free to do what they wish within the rules of the forum and the law and I may be completely wrong about him but I for one have decided to step away from commenting on Norman Smurthwaite and let events off the pitch run their course..I honestly don't think what we say on here will have any influence now anyway.

Back to his statement;

Due to a serious disagreement between Bruno Ribero and the senior management of the hedge fund, they chose not to continue with the purchase at the end of their exclusivity period

Are you kidding???? A group willing to pay millions over the odds for a club and they walked away because they didn't like the manager Ribero.

When he puts things like this in his statement how can you believe the rest.

It makes no sense does it. You would think that anyone looking to take over a club would think of replacing the current manager if they didn't like him / get on with him.

Archived