onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite statement

suge1w

I don't know how many people Norman sent the info to but I was one of them. I was the person who set up the fans email group which, as Tim says, has been dormant for ages. Norman sent me a number of files last Wednesday and asked me to pass them on to the email group. At first I couldn't open the files so I asked him to re-send them. I didn't get a reply. The following day I was able to see the contents of the files and was, quite frankly, astonished that he wanted me to pass them on. I emailed him again and asked if he was sure he wanted the information forwarded because I thought it was pure fantasy. I explained to him why I thought that was the case. Again, I didn't receive a reply so did not pass them on until I had confirmation that it was really what he wanted.

On Saturday morning when I was in Southend I saw that the Sentinel had got access to the information so I then forwarded the info to the rest of the group. By that stage it was already in the public domain.

After reading Norman's official statement, I was annoyed that he claimed the people who received the information hadn't had the courtesy to respond. I emailed him copies of both of my messages to him which he responded to saying he hadn't received them. I was rather surprised to hear that.

I have no idea how many people Norman sent this information to so I have no idea how the Sentinel got hold of it. If I was Norman, however, I would not have sent it to anyone who was not invovled in a professional capacity with the football club and I certainly wouldn't have sent it out to certain fans, one of whom I have since discovered has apparently never met him. Sorry Norman, that was extremely poor judgement unless for some reason, you wanted this stuff to be leaked.

Thank you Jean. For the people who are trying to be clever on here, who constantly bash and try to score points, the above shows what has really happened here. We are all Vale supporters, we all want the best for the club, even if some of you still think we will get the best by supporting Smurthwaite. The reasons I have never supported Norman is because the above is indicative of what he has been about since May 2013, you either see it or you are blinded by some loyalty based on the fact he bought us out of admin. If you still feel that way then carry on, you will soon be in a very small minority.

Advert

I would not have sent it to anyone who was not invovled in a professional capacity with the football club and I certainly wouldn't have sent it out to certain fans, one of whom I have since discovered has apparently never met him. Sorry Norman, that was extremely poor judgement unless for some reason, you wanted this stuff to be leaked.

Thats because you and most of us on here have some common sense and know that it shouldn't be shared with fans. However maybe your last sentence is closer to the truth, he may well have leaked it on purpose himself. God knows why though.

Not that I am part of the inner circle, but it is possible that the Sentinel was on the original distribution list, but not deleted at the time of the dispute, so received it in error.

Neither The Sentinel nor anybody linked to it were/are on the email group

Neither The Sentinel nor anybody linked to it were/are on the email group

Clearly it must have been sent to more people than just Jean before it eventually made its way to the email group.

You were right to message him again Jean as I see that statement as a dig at people like you who he sent the info to.

Norman seems to have some real bad luck with emails being hacked and not being delivered :huh:

Pretty much sums the sentinel up, always happy to put the boot into little port vale. How anyone there can call themselves a vale fan is beyond me.

Whether you believe smurf or not, for him to ask the sentinel not to publish the info as it could scupper a deal, a deal which gets rid of smurf which is what most vale fans want I would assume, yet the sentinel stick two fingers up at the vale, smurf and vale fans and release it anyway.

Wow. After everything we've seen over the last 8 days since Smurf came on here, you're focusing your anger towards the Sentinel?????

Have you got nothing at all to say about the role of Smurf throughout this whole pathetic mess? Nothing at all?

Anyone considered that it was Norman himself who leaked the information to the press to further substantiate his claim that the fans (even those "trusted" ones) are against him? Ask yourselves, if you were in Norman's position what benefits would you gain from this information being in the public domain?

For a start, you rally the fanboys who cannot see the forest for the trees and get them back on side. I've seen a couple of them start up on Facebook already: "Without Norman, we wouldn't have a club" yada yada.

I think most of us are agreed that the man is a narcissistic, pathological liar so is it really beyond bounds to expect him to do something like this?

He's beyond defending now. Even his die-hard fans can only focus their defence towards the Sentinel, and not the incompetent individual running our club.

The statement smacks of a man with no plan. He doesn't know who he wants to sell it to. He doesn't know where we're going. All we've learned is that there have been several interested parties, some more favourable than others, and somehow he ballsed it all up.

The saga is becoming more and more ludicrous with every passing day. I don't even know what I believe anymore. Did Smurf have this farcical Norwegian document drawn up himself, and then leak it? Did Synectics just decide to drop their offer for the giggles, or is there more at play there?

All I know is, we've had an official statement from the club, filled with loaded comments towards both supporters and Synectics. He has apologised for the fact he's probably relegated us, a mere month after going for the cheap manager and being unable/unwilling to match offers made by Carlisle for players we're interested in.

My main fear is Smurf has concocted some form of elaborate plan to screw us other. Its either that, or he's lost it, because nothing is making any sense at the moment.

"But he saved the club"

This is a farce above and beyond even that of Bratt. Amazing.

Not going to even bother with that statement as it speaks for itself ("keyboard warriors"..."real fans".....Norman you just continue to amaze) but some thoughts regarding these Norwegian fantasists.

Who the **** is this calling himself Vale's technical director since June last year!?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/saidemoussallati/

Does this look like the website of a professional firm/hedge fund?

http://halliwellhouse.wixsite.com/xcellent

Madness!

Most importantly of all, just to confirm before I completely lose the plot on him, was one of the documents that NS accidentally emailed out a spreadsheet of player salaries as per posts claiming that on here?

This is a fkucking farce above and beyond even that of Bratt. Amazing.

Not going to even bother with that statement as it speaks for itself ("keyboard warriors"..."real fans".....Norman you just continue to amaze) but some thoughts regarding these Norwegian fantasists.

Who the **** is this calling himself Vale's technical director since June last year!?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/saidemoussallati/

Madness!

Most importantly of all, just to confirm before I completely lose the plot on him, was one of the documents that NS accidentally emailed out a spreadsheet of player salaries as per posts claiming that on here?

It was. And the salaries of non-playing staff and youth players.

This man runs our football club.

If the ICO ransacked the football club's offices right this very second, I wonder if they'd find us to be compliant with our SERIOUS LEGAL RESPONSIBILITIES as a business under the Data Protection Act 1998?

Hmmmmm.

I'm not accusing him of wrong doing or alleging that he has done anything untoward/illegal, but if it comes out in the wash that he really did disclose employee financial information via unsecured group email to random fans of the football club, as an employee of the business I would be consulting with the ICO and a Solicitor.

Created using WIX.COM..which allows sites to be created for free. Now they might be a very cost conscious international consultancy or a bunch of Charlies who are doing stuff on the cheap. The links on their site go to mirror.co.uk, skysports.com, sportyghost.com, bbc.co.uk and so on.....never a good sign when a top international business just links you into readily available public sites.

"Xcellent Pro Consultants Ltd is a long established leading firm/organisation dedicated in servicing the constant and growing demand for TOP PLAYER's, management & executive ELITE talent in the global football industry. Operating from our head office in Manchester England we have STRATEGIC international partner offices & numerous football expert advisers worldwide providing excellent search and consulting services."

Grammar not a strongpoint though

Created using WIX.COM..which allows sites to be created for free. Now they might be a very cost conscious international consultancy or a bunch of Charlies who are doing stuff on the cheap

"Xcellent Pro Consultants Ltd is a long established leading firm/organisation dedicated in servicing the constant and growing demand for TOP PLAYER's, management & executive ELITE talent in the global football industry. Operating from our head office in Manchester England we have STRATEGIC international partner offices & numerous football expert advisers worldwide providing excellent search and consulting services."

Grammar not a strongpoint though

the two sentences from your post explain why Norman is involved with them...

'a bunch of Charlies who are doing stuff on the cheap'

'Grammar not a strongpoint'

Clearly it must have been sent to more people than just Jean before it eventually made its way to the email group.

You were right to message him again Jean as I see that statement as a dig at people like you who he sent the info to.

Norman seems to have some real bad luck with emails being hacked and not being delivered :huh:

Clearly?

Archived