onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Capability Brown?

Eddie Hitler

It seems a little ironic that Brown suggests fans should desist from slagging-off players on Twitter etc given that most of his post-match interview on Saturday did just that about our most skillful player.

I remain unconvinced about our caretaker; disastrous deadline day dealings, signing of Tanser to replace the capable Knopps, the isolation of Tavares, one win in seven.

I realise that Smurf has other things to worry about such as relegation and the financial oblivion of the Club but Brown needs something from tonight or NS needs to get someone in fast.

Advert

The captain gave the cheap option the reigns and the results reflect that.

The selling off of the only fine china we had on the cheap has robbed the team of its spine.

A heavy defeat tonight and surely captain mannering must act or face the inevitable result of relegation.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Spot on Eddie, there are arguments for and against, it can be said his hands were tied somewhat.

However he has brought in an absolute shed load of all sorts.

Tanser- Horrific

Fasan- Capable

Pugh- Okay, great passer

Eagles- Will barely get a sniff

Shodipo- lively but too young for a relegation battle ?

Guy- Very disappointing after Bury

Walker- as above

QPR Long Name- not even on the bench, bizarre signing

Also seems to dislike most things Bruno....granted most of them were gash , but Reggie is a definite sub for me as he doesn,t know himself what he is doing next and is something different, prior to Saturday decided Kiko or Knopps were a worse option than the weakly Tanser. The ditching completely of Tavares or Amoros from even the bench, though neither have pulled up any trees i guess.

I honestly think Brown could not of hand picked better opposition, a dire Chesterfield, an Oldham team who when we played them had 13 goals all season, a Bury side with 1 win in 24, leaking goals, Peterborough in freefall, Gillingham the draw kings.

Only Scunthorpe was a game where you would anticipate nothing.

Browns record is 1-3-2. a measly 6 points from 18.

Had we won at Oldham which we should of looked to of done and then lost the next 4 it would of been the same points tally and i'm sure feelings may be different.

Given his questionable tactics and subs and also his public ranting at Thomas maybe he needs to look at himself rather than us fans.

For me he is NOT the man and is basically the new cheap Page.

There are proven managers out there on the dole, probably due to the fact they failed at their last club ( Adkins springs to mind ), it either boils down purely to money or a Chairman content to appoint from within, what price Mick Ede the next one after Brown !!

Spot on Eddie, there are arguments for and against, it can be said his hands were tied somewhat.

Tanser- Horrific

Fasan- Capable

Pugh- Okay, great passer

Walker- as above

Also seems to dislike most things Bruno....granted most of them were gash , but Reggie is a definite sub for me as he doesn,t know himself what he is doing next and is something different, prior to Saturday decided Kiko or Knopps were a worse option than the weakly Tanser. The ditching completely of Tavares or Amoros from even the bench, though neither have pulled up any trees i guess.

I honestly think Brown could not of hand picked better opposition, a dire Chesterfield, an Oldham team who when we played them had 13 goals all season, a Bury side with 1 win in 24, leaking goals, Peterborough in freefall, Gillingham the draw kings.

Had we won at Oldham which we should of looked to of done and then lost the next 4 it would of been the same points tally and i'm sure feelings may be different.

Given his questionable tactics and subs and also his public ranting at Thomas maybe he needs to look at himself rather than us fans.

There are proven managers out there on the dole, probably due to the fact they failed at their last club ( Adkins springs to mind ), it either boils down purely to money or a Chairman content to appoint from within, what price Mick Ede the next one after Brown !!

I agree with some of this but I disagree with much. I think his tactics have been fine. There was nothing wrong with his tactics on Saturday. Right now we need a physical presence in midfield. I have seen enough of Tavares and Amoroso to know that they are nowhere near the pace required in this league. They have no upper body strength and are easily knocked off the ball. Michael Brown has gone for a more physical presence in midfield as that is where we have struggled most all season.

I agree that Reggie on the bench to come on and chase a goal is not a bad option, however Reggie also has no physical strength though and his touch is not great, he can not hold the ball to then bring his midfield into play.

Walker and Guy are young and will therefore be inconsistent but they have shown they are capable, Michael Brown needs to get some consistency out of them, fingers crossed he does.

On the basis of Saturday I think Pugh is a good signing he can play football. Shodipo is more likely to play in home games.

I have written previously about his twitter rant, I agree with your point, keep off twitter.

Let's see how tonight goes shall we.

Tanser- Horrific

Fasan- Capable

Pugh- Okay, great passer

Walker- as above

He has bought in what the owner said he could afford end of, he is being used as a cheap target.

I have some sympathy for Brown given the hand he has been dealt.

In terms of performance, if not results, there has been an upturn. I see an increased intensity to our play with more desire to attack and threaten the opposition's goal. We've often had more shots in the first 15-20 mins than a match or two under Bruno. Really unlucky to not pick up more than 1 point from away games at Scunny and Gills and arguably deserved all 3 points vs Bury.

In terms of the hand dealt to Brown - it started sour with the loss of Jones and quickly followed by Alnwick and for all his doubters, our most influential midfielder in Grant. That is a massive blow in anybody's book, let alone a rookie manager.

In addition to that, both Streete and Smith have suffered hamstring injuries under his tenure and Purkiss has gone from steady to atrocious.

I see people criticising his transfer window signings and some may prove to be correct - however he had a really tough sell to bring in any players with known credentials. Firstly, there are not that many players of calibre available in January. Factor in Brown only being 'caretaker' and it's understandable that a player may not wish to make the move if his suitor may not be there the following week. Add in the time pressure of the window then you leave yourself having to take young hopefuls and twilight of their career type players.

I don't agree with the public criticism of Thomas, even if justified, keep it behind closed doors. The apparent freeze out of some of the foreign contingent is an interesting one but as he sees them and their attitude/application in training everyday I will have to go with his judgement on that front.

On balance I think he's doing a decent job and I think there is the making of a good manager there. If we scramble to safety it would be good to see how he could develop / shape the squad over the summer with hopefully some decent backing by our Chairman ( which is where the real issue lies).

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using the onevalefan mobile app

End of the day Essex we all differ in opinions, maybe saturday his tactics were ok.

For example the Posh game, where on earth was Hooper playing? It certainly wasn,t as a pair with Walker, he was deep and wide in the main, took off Shodipo after 65 minutes who had begun to look lively and was one of the best of a very poor bunch.

I said Pugh was decent in my post, not clamouring for Tavares or Amoros just don,t think should be discarded completely as face doesn't fit.

Would prefer that than see Kelly on the bench .

Walker and Guy are capable but are they going to dig in the trenches in a relegation battle? I would think they are players who would shine in a confident team not one on its' backside confidence wise.

On January 1st we were 9 points off relegation, in that time we haven't won a game, Shrewsbury have gained 11 points on us and possibly tonight we are staring at the abyss depending on results.

So managers are now judged on 6 games?

I love how words like "disastrous" are used when "slightly disappointing" would better describe some not all of the signings, and "robbed the team of its spine" when we appear to still have a very capable trio in Foley, Smith and Streete.

You couldn't make it up with some Vale fans!

Anyway, if we're on a Capability Brown vibe surely we should sign

Michael Oak Connor

Ash-ley Vincent

Kenny Beech

Chris Birch-all

Neil Aspen

Steve Cherry

So managers are now judged on 6 games?

I love how words like "disastrous" are used when "slightly disappointing" would better describe some not all of the signings, and "robbed the team of its spine" when we appear to still have a very capable trio in Foley, Smith and Streete.

You couldn't make it up with some Vale fans!

Anyway, if we're on a Capability Brown vibe surely we should sign

Michael Oak Connor

Ash-ley Vincent

Kenny Beech

Chris Birch-all

Neil Aspen

Steve Cherry

Not forgetting.

Bob Hazel and Broom,Broom (John McCombe).

I've only ever judged one manager after 6 weeks in charge and that was the lunatic that was Jim Gannon.

Michael Brown will make mistakes. That's a given. It's his first ever managerial job and probably one of the hardest situations he could have started out at.

I'm not convinced it was him who made all the January signings and am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

A much improved performance on Saturday, where we unlucky not to win. Let's hope we can put in a similar performance tonight.

Whilst we haven't picked up the results, performances have been better than under clueless Bruno.

He comes across very well and seems to have a bit of Micky Adams about him in his interviews. He takes no ****.

If he keeps us up this season it will be a huge achievement considering the mess he inherited.

Unfortunately he doesn't have time on his side but I hope he comes good for himself and for the good of the club.

Archived