onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lee Rigbys killer

Mario

Advert

The whole issue of Oledabajo is a frustrating one. The bloke is obviously a horrible, evil individual with a twisted view of the world - and probably a twisted view of his own professed religion too - and it's almost a natural emotion to seek revenge and retribution by stringing him up or applying a method of dispatch more in line with the era he seems to be stuck in by hanging, drawing and quartering him. However, we have (supposedly) developed into a more civilised, fair and equitable society than in the past and part of that is the occasional situation like this where someone like Oledabajo can 'play the system' and frustrate us by seemingly exposing our justice system to be weak and unfair. This is precisely why we need to be strong and uphold our law but do it with some common sense applied. If he had been assaulted in Hanley on a Saturday night he would be awarded compensation for the loss of his teeth but, as any flick through the Sentinel archives will tell you, that compensation wouldn't be anywhere near £20,000, more like a few hundred, plus it would be paid by the assailant at a ridiculous rate of something like 50p a week. So, if Oledabajo has had his teeth knocked out though state 'negligence' (yet to be proved as it may be deemed accidental or a consequence of his own actions) he should be made an award in line with the law, it's just that award should reflect the circumstance and be utterly minimal. Maybe he could also be charged for dental treatment in line with his award seeing as it's so hard to get an NHS dentist these days! As for executing him, personally I don't believe in the death penalty and there is no evidence showing it to be a deterrent. Being incarcerated for the rest of his life is arguably a worse punishment, many 'full term lifers' express their depression and lack of hope as they reach old age so maybe Mr. Oledabajo will reflect on his actions and one day rue the evil he carried out.

While Oledabajo remains alive in prison he has the opportunity to do to another inmate what he did to Lee Rigby, there is no reason to protect this guilty man.

More modern evidence and view on the death penalty supports it being a deterrent.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/11/AR2007061100406.html

I believe of all the people sentenced to death in the USA since the 70's only one person, Timothy McVeigh, never appealed a death sentence, proof that murderers value their own value life more than their victims, this needs to be changed.

I understand what posters are saying about not sinking to the terrorists level, but how can we( civilised nations?) fight them, they behead people and burn prisoners in cages and televise it to the world. They gladly die or go to prison for their cause they are martyrs, I think it was said on tv if they die for whatever cause they go to allah who provides them with 20 virgins! We've no deterent to this, one has got to be found to make them fear dying or going to prison, now they fear pig/cow fat etc. so why not to the first 1,2, or 3 who are killed smear their bodies with the fat, they are then unclean and cannot enter their heaven, and say anyone else will receive the same, or if in prison put them in contact with pig/cow fat again they are unclean. This although extreme might make some teenager being radicalised into a suicide bomber or lone attacker...laugh you may but we are not stopping them as it is...the Indian mutiny happened over pig/cow fat on the cartridges causing offence to hindu/muslim soldiers, or at least that was the final act. Lets think outside the box...right bring it on.

I understand what posters are saying about not sinking to the terrorists level, but how can we( civilised nations?) fight them, they behead people and burn prisoners in cages and televise it to the world. They gladly die or go to prison for their cause they are martyrs, I think it was said on tv if they die for whatever cause they go to allah who provides them with 20 virgins! We've no deterent to this, one has got to be found to make them fear dying or going to prison, now they fear pig/cow fat etc. so why not to the first 1,2, or 3 who are killed smear their bodies with the fat, they are then unclean and cannot enter their heaven, and say anyone else will receive the same, or if in prison put them in contact with pig/cow fat again they are unclean. This although extreme might make some teenager being radicalised into a suicide bomber or lone attacker...laugh you may but we are not stopping them as it is...the Indian mutiny happened over pig/cow fat on the cartridges causing offence to hindu/muslim soldiers, or at least that was the final act. Lets think outside the box...right bring it on.

You horrible, horrible human being

Off topic I know, the thing to do is to get to the core of the problem which is a religious war within the Middle East which has been going on for centuries. Have all aspects of the Rigby case been discussed enough? Should the thread be closed.

Davebrad...or it might make them hate the west even more..it might give even more ammunition to those seeking to radicalise them. "look what they do to us, look how they disrespect us, look what savages they are"..and they'd be right.

I don't claim to have the answers but for me given the mind set these people have I'm not convinced by this type of deterrent.

IMO the only way ultimately will be to show them a "better" way of living..but that's a long term goal. Short term we have to protect ourselves using our values, show that we believe in our values...if we don't then we're not better. That doesn't mean we don't fight, doesn't mean we don't shoot them to defend ourselves, doesn't mean we lie back and take it...but does mean we do it our way..not their way.

Davebrad...or it might make them hate the west even more..it might give even more ammunition to those seeking to radicalise them. "look what they do to us, look how they disrespect us, look what savages they are"..and they'd be right.

I don't claim to have the answers but for me given the mind set these people have I'm not convinced by this type of deterrent.

IMO the only way ultimately will be to show them a "better" way of living..but that's a long term goal. Short term we have to protect ourselves using our values, show that we believe in our values...if we don't then we're not better. That doesn't mean we don't fight, doesn't mean we don't shoot them to defend ourselves, doesn't mean we lie back and take it...but does mean we do it our way..not their way.

be honest do you really think our values is going to stop them, they enjoy killing people and destroying what people value, if you don't do what they say your dead, even their own people,and they do it in the name of religion.

The Gestapo and SS were children compared with these, they are compulsory killers who enjoy killing, if you come face to face with a Lion, Tiger, Cobra they would not attack you unless you provoked it, these animals do it for fun.

To rid the world of them i'd do what it take's and be glad to let history judge us...

be honest do you really think our values is going to stop them, they enjoy killing people and destroying what people value, if you don't do what they say your dead, even their own people,and they do it in the name of religion.

I didn't say they would but we have to stick to our values and not let them change us. We don't execute prisoners for example

The Gestapo and SS were children compared with these, they are compulsory killers who enjoy killing, if you come face to face with a Lion, Tiger, Cobra they would not attack you unless you provoked it, these animals do it for fun.

To rid the world of them i'd do what it take's and be glad to let history judge us...

As I said it doesn't mean we don't fight them or shoot them to protect ourselves but we do so within the context of our values not theirs. We don't impose restrictions on (for example) all Muslims just cos some are terrorists..for example. They (IS) would probably round us all up and execute the lot of us if they could when 99% of us are no threat to them

Yes and I can't wait for us to put up the barriers to prevent these people milking our country dry with their civil rights.

Prevent the lawyers who make a living protecting these people.

This is an industry making thousands .

Mest of them have passed through other countries to get here but not claimed asylum.

If they were genuine they would claim asylum in the first safe country they arrive.Also why are they nearly all single men who have deserted their families. Most are just economic migrants after a free lunch.

Archived