onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lee Rigbys killer

Mario

Michael Adebolajo the Gentleman who slaughtered Lee Rigby is seeking 20k from the taxpayer after he had 2 knocked out in a scuffle with prison guards at Belmarsh Prison.

I guess the legal eagles will be rubbing their hands together at a big pay day :angry:

Advert

Michael Adebolajo the Gentleman who slaughtered Lee Rigby is seeking 20k from the taxpayer after he had 2 knocked out in a scuffle with prison guards at Belmarsh Prison.

I guess the legal eagles will be rubbing their hands together at a big pay day :angry:

Regrettably due process must be followed...then hopefully he gets nothing

Must be horrible for Lee's family.

Our "justice" systems, never seems to promote justice.

You wouldn't say that if you'd been wrongly convicted..you'd want appeal after appeal after appeal to take place. We should be proud that our system is so rigorous and not only protects the victims but insists on due process being followed with regard to the accused. Regrettably that means events such as this will happen but they are exceptions...and yes I know I'd want the ******* to have all his teeth bashed in (and worse) if he'd killed one of my family.

The death penalty should remain an option in the UK for certain serious crimes in which there is no doubt who the perpetrator is, Adebolajo's crime fits that bill. In such cases there should be no appeals against a death sentence. He should have been executed soon after his sentence and hence any nonsense of this type wouldn't happen.

Adebolajo wasn't wrongly convicted.

You would not say that if you or a loved one were wrongly convicted cos there is "no doubt who the perpetrator is" and you knew you/they were innocent. Every system is flawed so there has to be built into the system the ability to put things right when it goes wrong.

And yes if someone killed a loved one of mine I'd want him/her strung up..but they should not be

It's morally wrong

You would not say that if you or a loved one were wrongly convicted cos there is "no doubt who the perpetrator is" and you knew you/they were innocent. Every system is flawed so there has to be built into the system the ability to put things right when it goes wrong.

And yes if someone killed a loved one of mine I'd want him/her strung up..but they should not be

It's morally wrong

We've had this discussion before and hold different views.

Adeboloajo wasn't wrongly convicted so that is a none argument, what he did was morally wrong and totally indefensible.

Could Lee's family counter sue for loss of family life due to this scum bag's beheading him? and depriving them, also the army could put a claim in for loss of service from a member of the armed service who had cost x amount of money to train... I would dearly love to be on a jury in the above 2 cases if brought.

I can think of other things to call him, gentleman certainly ain't one of them.

You wouldn't say that if you'd been wrongly convicted..you'd want appeal after appeal after appeal to take place. We should be proud that our system is so rigorous and not only protects the victims but insists on due process being followed with regard to the accused. Regrettably that means events such as this will happen but they are exceptions...and yes I know I'd want the ******* to have all his teeth bashed in (and worse) if he'd killed one of my family.

Just remind me how he was wrongly convicted......

It's morally wrong

I'm against the death penalty for most crimes, particularly crimes of passion where the killer knows the victim, but in this case I think what would be really moral would be to use all of this murderers organs (liver, heart etc) for people awaiting transplants and this way he could be responsible for saving a few lives as well.

I;d also like to see JohnnyAitch meet Lee Rigby's parents and have a discussion with them about his 'wrongly convicted' posts.

Could Lee's family counter sue for loss of family life due to this scum bag's beheading him? and depriving them, also the army could put a claim in for loss of service from a member of the armed service who had cost x amount of money to train... I would dearly love to be on a jury in the above 2 cases if brought.

The family could but it's pointless. The army couldn't because that would be daft. As for you're "jury" comment, then that wouldn't be justice, which is allegedly what you;re after.

The Britain FIrst/ UKIP/ BNP/ White Power/ KKK/ Neo-Nazi lot will are strangely quiet on this thread. Presumably they're too busy bothering elderly Muslims outside of Mosques

I'm against the death penalty for most crimes, particularly crimes of passion where the killer knows the victim, but in this case I think what would be really moral would be to use all of this murderers organs (liver, heart etc) for people awaiting transplants and this way he could be responsible for saving a few lives as well.

I;d also like to see JohnnyAitch meet Lee Rigby's parents and have a discussion with them about his 'wrongly convicted' posts.

Harvesting organs is what the Nazis did.

We've evolved past eye-for-an-eye killings in the name of the law, this is supposed to be a civilised society.

We've had this discussion before and hold different views.

Indeed we do..one of the joys of debating is to learn about those different views and why people hold them

Adeboloajo wasn't wrongly convicted so that is a none argument, what he did was morally wrong and totally indefensible.

I agree 100%..my argument is about the principle not an individual case..we have to protect the wrongly convicted form execution and we do that by not having the death penalty..it's the only way to be 100% certain

Plus it's morally wrong

Archived