onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Trump

Jacko51

so when Hitler invaded Poland, bombed civilians, exterminated millions (a savage act), were the allies not right to reply in kind with another savage act? or wud you have prefered to wave the white flag in case your actions were deemed a savage act?
Geneva Convention is the authority on warfare, UN also becomes involved on what is permissible in defending territories etc.

Advert

so when Hitler invaded Poland, bombed civilians, exterminated millions (a savage act), were the allies not right to reply in kind with another savage act? or wud you have prefered to wave the white flag in case your actions were deemed a savage act?

Ultimately, 'savage' is a very subjective term, and I only used it because it was used in the post I initially quoted. Fundamentally I am referring to acts which break the law (domestic (i.e. US Constitution) and international (i.e. Geneva Convention) in this context).

Which 'savage' act committed by the Allies are you referring to? Do you believe that a 'savage' act led to the end of the war in Europe? Are you comparing the mass murder of civilians across German-occupied Europe with the response of the Allies?

Breaking the law in order to punish someone for breaking law makes no sense to me, and if you remove those laws in order to enact your punishment what then truly separates you from that law breaker?

You refer to surrendering in the face of terror in your post, I would suggest that giving up the laws and fundamental rights that define a nation in order to punish another (state or individual etc) is itself an act of surrender and, frankly, of cowardice.

Still no one has managed to name one of these people. I still can't

How about all Vales current season ticket holders and those who attend every away game . How's that for starters ,people who make a positive out of constant s h I t e with comments like apart form the four goals we let in we were all over em or we r to good to go down .

They no who they r many post on this thread regularly 😝

How about all Vales current season ticket holders and those who attend every away game . How's that for starters ,people who make a positive out of constant s h I t e with comments like apart form the four goals we let in we were all over em or we r to good to go down .

They no who they r many post on this thread regularly 😝

Eh? What??

No one is suggesting waving the white flag nor that we don't need to indulge in savage acts to defend ourselves....it's a question of which savage acts...how far to go. If we become as savage as them then we're no different.

The allies didn't exterminate millions of Germans in retaliation for example...that was too far and would have made us no better.

Although i understand why we have then, and the moral grounds for them, Ive always found the idea of rules for war, and the concept of war crimes bizarre. Like its a sport or some sort

I don't get you...there is no such thing as a sport crime.

Rules of war just means even in war there is a place for some humanity.

Although i understand why we have then, and the moral grounds for them, Ive always found the idea of rules for war, and the concept of war crimes bizarre. Like its a sport or some sort

As I said before, I cant see that dropping napalm on civilians or cluster bombing, planting anti-personnel mines and probably 20 other things are actually any worse than this 'torture', which is not condoning it.

It just gives the manipulators who say that 'there is humanity in war' something to hide behind, as they know there is not.

Things are just hidden, as in the recent conflict in Ukraine, where the Ukrainian forces supported by the West were shelling civilian areas of the city of Donetsk (and other places) day after day, but it was not reported here, or condemned, just what the rebels and Russians were doing.

This allowed Obama, Cameron and easily hoodwinked gullible members of the public to believe that only one side was doing anything wrong, when both were. The same happened in Kosovo, Bosnia, Syria and Libya where many war crimes were committed by both sides but only the ones that suited Western politicians were reported.

Archived