onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are the Alarm Bells of football ringing?

old sage

Sky will be more worried than the PL I would imagine.Once Ozil,Sanchez,Aguero and Hazard get offers the writing is on the wall.

If Sky suffers all the premier league suffers, for example last season our friends down the road had £8.9m in gate revenue and £80m in TV revenue. They have committed themselves to long contracts on failures like that big dollop from Porto reserves aand without Sky, PC will have a big financial hole to deal with.

Advert

The time has come for 'the dog to start wagging the tail' again because at the moment it is very much the other way around.

FiFA need to put the necessary rules in place world wide but this will not really solve all of the ill's of the English game for that we need a back to one club one vote system and somehow I cant see that ever happening because in truth the FA has already detached it's self from the nobodies from leauges 2,3 and 4

Oh sweet FA!

Why would FIFA do that..it's a commercial organisation in all but name dedicated to making money. It shouldn't be but it is. The FA needs all the money it can get to pay for Wembley etc. It's only way out is to sell Wembley to pay off a chunk or all of the debt but it won't do that..imagine the "Bet365 @ Wembley Stadium" :(

I can't belive the reaction in the UK to these forgein leagues spending more money than us and buying players.

Imagine how the south American league feels when Man Utd come over and spend comparatively alot of money to give players a chance to play in the league.

This is only a problem because the prem league is loosing at its own game.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using the onevalefan mobile app

Well the events of the last few days involving Payet and now Costa should be making the big boys in the Premier quake to their toes because the greedy bloated over inflated egos of our beautiful game are now well and truly 'running the madhouse' which the Premiership's misguided chairmen have largely created.

Now perhaps they are beginning to realise the anguish that we fans and owners of clubs lower down the football pyramid have suffered for over two decades. These Chairman who made it very simple to steal our brightest stars for often a pittance or under the guised excuse of the Bosman ruling. Boy didn't that minnow cause some trouble for the game. OK he did have a genuine point but now the unfairness has tilted big time in favour of the greediest players.

I have said for a long time that football is dying. The trouble was the Chelski's and Manure's of the Premier weren't in the least bit bothered. Perhaps now they will wake up and smell both the coffee and the long term folly of their decisions.

If reports are correct and the Chinese are prepared to pay Costa £30,00000 million a year the world has gone absolutely mad. I would ask if that money was used far more wisely by using it to feed the needy for example there would soon be no more starving to death and I ask just how much of it does the player really need to live for the rest of his life? Honestly if I were offered that sort of cash I would be wracked with guilt. Now I fully understand the quotation in the Bible saying that 'It is easier for a camel to walk through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter into heaven'. If that is true then Costa would be wise to take his shovel with him when he 'pops his diamond encrusted clogs' if he accepts this latest obscene offer.

What can be done? Well for starters the whole system in the world of football needs to be totally revamped and make the game beneficial at all levels. The money from Sky etc would be fantastic if it was used wisely and spread fairly from the top to the bottom of the UK's football pyramid.

Of course it won't happen but I ask you what is the point of a contract when the likes of Payet who recently signed a 5 year deal and in September accepted a million pound loyalty bonus!! (What a joke that has proved to be hasn't it?)

The FA, and FIFA should outlaw any player who breaks his contract and ban both him and his agent if it is proved that he encouraged the player to break his contract. The ban should stop the player from earning a living within football until after the contract period has expired.

Of course it won't happen but I feel better for getting it off my chest. Yes we certainly have come a long,long way since the days of Roy Sproson but not for the better in my opinion.

Top post that .

Its ridiculous the amount of money they get paid anyway but 30 million a year .

I earn 23 grand a year and i give what i can to others .

While big clubs large it up little clubs like my loved Vale will eventually not exist .

Paying players a fortune while kids who leave school these days r working on a zero contract hrs and work is harder and harder find if u only have the willingness to work hard as a reference .

Money is the root of all evil u cannot take it with u so share it out fairly for us all.

Look at Vale and Stoke Stoke can keep prices low because they get rewarded for there midtable finishes handsomely by sky and premier league so can give free away travel have 28000 thousand per game .

Yet us at Vale have to pay as much as a Stoke season ticket holder if not more and pay for our own travel .

To me that is wrong if the money was shared out equally then the whole of football becomes stronger not just the rich and the poor dwindle and die but may i add with dignity.

Utv

10 years ago I used to watch every single match that was on the tv, and would record anything else I wanted to watch. Nowadays it's lucky if I watch one match a week anymore, such is the loss of interest. Too much money in wages in the top tier, and until people stop attending, nothing will ever happen.

You are absolutely right about the saturation coverage of football on TV.

If you've got Sky you can watch a live game virtually every day of the week, sometimes 2-3! It's ridiculous and can get boring after a while. Honestly, it really can.

If you've only got BBC/ITV football isn't on very often (usually once a week highlights) and I think you enjoy it all the more because of that; it's more of a treat.

It's not just people paying £30-100 but those who subscribe to Sky as well. But if subscriptions increase and wages of footballers continue to rocket skywards then perhaps eventually the penny will drop.

You are absolutely right about the saturation coverage of football on TV.

If you've got Sky you can watch a live game virtually every day of the week, sometimes 2-3! It's ridiculous and can get boring after a while. Honestly, it really can.

If you've only got BBC/ITV football isn't on very often (usually once a week highlights) and I think you enjoy it all the more because of that; it's more of a treat.

It's not just people paying £30-100 but those who subscribe to Sky as well. But if subscriptions increase and wages of footballers continue to rocket skywards then perhaps eventually the penny will drop.

No doubt arrangements could be made for the Chinese to play games at times to improve our viewing saturation figures. No doubt I will be told they already do.

10 years ago I used to watch every single match that was on the tv, and would record anything else I wanted to watch. Nowadays it's lucky if I watch one match a week anymore, such is the loss of interest. Too much money in wages in the top tier, and until people stop attending, nothing will ever happen.

I have been the same way. I'll watch MOTD now and again,but I've watched a full match

once in the last 6 months. On the other hand , on Saturday mornings I'll hop out of bed at 7:30 am to listen to the Vale.

That makes my week. It drives me mad to hear commentators make excuses for a 20 million pound player , after he kicks the ball into Row Z.

I think the issue with Sky and the argument that "people should boycott it" is the fact they have almost every other sport too. For example, I love the cricket but there is no way I can afford more than 1 day out at the cricket each year any more. I still want to watch the highlights when I get home in the evening though.

If it was solely football on Sky, then I wouldn't be bothered about losing it as I can go to the pub for the 2 games or so a month I want to watch.

I thinks sky sports is brilliant mind you there is no pub within 5 miles that shows it . no one is forced to watch a match everyday. If you don't rate it then don't subscribe..its not like the BBC where you pay for everything whether you watch/listen or not. I love the BBC too though

ITV ch4 ch5? I don't watch them..each to their own though

Archived