onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are the Alarm Bells of football ringing?

old sage

Advert

I don't think the alarmm bells for football are ringing, it will all pan out over the next few years with hopefully a reset of the European leagues, players, contracts and loyalty.

The Americans found out in the 70's that importing top players, albeit generally at the end of their careers, doesn't make for a solid foundation for a lasting, competitive football league system. Better to build from the grass roots up which the Chinese may be doing but it takes time, my twopenneth is the Chinese will learn the hard way.

I thought I have had for a while and I haven't read all this thread so it may have already been mentioned, I would call for all football fans attending games on a certain date to take with them a piece of card which has their weekly post tax earnings written on it just to show the over rated pre madonna, sky sports instigated overpaid footballers what the common man has to love on, not sure if it would tabut it would be worth a shout

It will be a sad day for fans dedicated to their pl club for years and years if any go under or something similar but it will surely peak some day..it is already beyond ridicule. I just hope genuine fans do not lose their clubs when the decline starts.
\

Hopefully not for the true fans, but you could see an attendance drop of 30,000 minimum from London, if Man Utd lose their way. :laugh:

I have always considered foreign ownership of English clubs as money laundering at it's worst.

True - but is some English ownership of English clubs also the same thing ?

The vast majority of football club owners are less than delightful company, a few are just criminals of the worst kind, rather more are financial cheats of one sort or another.

Great to see that so many agree with my thoughts. I won't hold my breath waiting for the powers that be to get the matter sorted.

Oh Mike, you've done it again! Coffin Marches across the land perhaps?

Seriously though, it would be great to see the top EPL 'Clubs get a taste of their own medicine :yes:

Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal were big clubs years before the crazy TV money came into football. I just don't see how the Chinese are going to get there money back on these deals

I'm not sure that is their intention. They have a blueprint to be a superpower in football (soccer) by 2025. They have the money in bundles to splash at this point in time but if it doesn't work I don't think the Chinese powerbrokers will lose much sleep as a consequence.

The time has come for 'the dog to start wagging the tail' again because at the moment it is very much the other way around.

FiFA need to put the necessary rules in place world wide but this will not really solve all of the ill's of the English game for that we need a back to one club one vote system and somehow I cant see that ever happening because in truth the FA has already detached it's self from the nobodies from leauges 2,3 and 4

Oh sweet FA!

The time has come for 'the dog to start wagging the tail' again because at the moment it is very much the other way around.

FiFA need to put the necessary rules in place world wide but this will not really solve all of the ill's of the English game for that we need a back to one club one vote system and somehow I cant see that ever happening because in truth the FA has already detached it's self from the nobodies from leauges 2,3 and 4

Oh sweet FA!

I see that FIFA have approved a 48 team World Cup for the 2026 competition,involving 16 groups of 3 teams,with 2 teams progressing from each group.

Still,I suppose it gives us a better chance of going through from the group.

I think that quite a number of folk have fallen out of love with league football, more especially at the top end, since the onset of Sky and/or in the last twenty years or so. I know 3-4 who don't attend any longer and have found other things to do with their time and money. Paying a footballer in excess of 100k a week (even in excess of 5k a week) seems excessive and wrong to say the least but we live in a fee capitalist society and that's the way things currently are.

But the man on the terraces can't empathise with that and the ridiculous amounts of money at the top seem obscene. I suppose Jimmy Hill has a lot to answer for but I can just recall the days when players walked to the ground with the fans or caught the same bus! But that relationship/bond has gone forever.

The cost of admission is way too high in low wage areas and it's really no wonder why some have turned their backs on it.

The bubble will burst at some time and I don't blame anyone for making hay while the sun shines but football has become a very greedy sport and many clubs are owned by foreigners and can be found on the Stock Exchange. It isn't what it once was. But what's progress for a few has become an unsavoury money grabbing racket for many on the terraces. And, sadly, it's getting worse not better, now the Chinese have spied an opening.

Archived