onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank.

keeled56

So you've only answered 1 question you won't buy the club and we never owned the club or ground the owners do I'm not suggesting you put up or shut up just to stop the negativity you've obviously got no answers to the questions you pose so why give them

You'll have to help me with this one mate. Can you remind me what questions I've posed? If I did pose any questions, why would I be the one needing to answer them, they're my questions?

Looking back at my posts, I've provided examples of situations where Smurf has acted in a way that has damaged the club in some way. They are concerns, the concerns of a customer. Good businesses listen to their customers and welcome scrutiny / constructive feedback as a means of delivering continuous improvement. You can call it negativity if you'd like. I disagree entirely. I care about Port Vale and see it's current leader as being completely out of his depth. His actions have had, and continue to have, negative consequences for the club. Posting my opinions on an online fans forum is about as much as I have to offer I'm afraid. If that means my opinion is of no value to you, that's for you to decide, but it won't stop me posting them. Thanks.

Advert

Actual quote continued... "It hasn't been repeated since. Ninety nine per cent of our fans are excellent but a small minority leave us with policing and other issues."

No one in reality can claim we haven't had an issue with racism in the last 5 years or so.

That's still no excuse to use an racist minority as a reason to discriminate against appointing a Black manager though. That's the point that Kick it Out make.

Regardless of whether you support the owner or not, I think most supporters would regard his comments were unnecessary and damaged the club's reputation.

It doesnt matter how many racists we have he didnt give him the job because he is black... there is no excuse, it cant be minimised by percentages... he made that decision and alarmingly broadcast it.

Giving him the job despite the racists is a good statement

Not giving him the job because of the racists is an abysmal fail

Giving him the job because he is the right man [irrespective of his colour] would have been excellent...... but a lot more difficult to say when you have your foot in your mouth.

That's still no excuse to use an racist minority as a reason to discriminate against appointing a Black manager though. That's the point that Kick it Out make.

Regardless of whether you support the owner or not, I think most supporters would regard his comments were unnecessary and damaged the club's reputation.

Completely agree with that. I also agreed with managing Page out of the club and whilst both things were done in the best interests of the club neither needed to be made public.

It's also forms part of the reason I don't believe he or other club employees should be on twitter talking about the club, an official club twitter account aside.

How many arrests have been made due to racism?

How many points have we had deducted due to racism?

I'd like these FACTS to back your claims up.

So you haven't witnessed racism at Vale Park or coming out of the mouths of some of the filth that follow us to away games, come off it!

Football authorities are far too weak to deduct points for racism sadly.

How many arrests have been made due to racism?

How many points have we had deducted due to racism?

I'd like these FACTS to back your claims up.

It happens..regardless of the scale/number of arrests/points deductions it's unacceptable isn't it?

http://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/article/statement-regarding-arrests-made-at-bradford-city-game-2268191.aspx

http://www.signal1.co.uk/news/local/second-arrest-made-over-port-vale-alleged-racism/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-29018572

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2397417/Port-Vale-investigate-racist-chanting-Bradford.html

I agree completely, if one fan does it it's unacceptable.

But for a chairman of a football club to come out and brand the fans as racists is a disgrace.

There will be similar minor issues at the majority of clubs yet you don't hear their chairman coming out with garbage like Smurf did.

Back to the topic anyway...! I'm not convinced JFH is what we need right now.

So you haven't witnessed racism at Vale Park or coming out of the mouths of some of the filth that follow us to away games, come off it!

Football authorities are far too weak to deduct points for racism sadly.

But you haven't answered his questions.Just another lame excuse once again to call supporters names.

I agree completely, if one fan does it it's unacceptable.

But for a chairman of a football club to come out and brand the fans as racists is a disgrace.

There will be similar minor issues at the majority of clubs yet you don't hear their chairman coming out with garbage like Smurf did.

Back to the topic anyway...! I'm not convinced JFH is what we need right now.

So he didn't brand us all racists then? More hyperbole from yourself

But you haven't answered his questions.Just another lame excuse once again to call supporters names.

Some 'supporters' are racist, it's a fact. It's not about name calling it's about criminal activity and them damaging the good name of the club. If theses idiots can racially abuse opposing players, opposing fans and even our own black players they would clearly think nothing of racially abusing a manager.

Exactly' date=' his quote relates to a specific section of filth that were.[/quote']

but brands the club as a whole... or hole... depending how you look at it.

The statement suggests a larger proportion than in reality, no matter how small he says it is, because he is afraid to do something because of them

but brands the club as a whole... or hole... depending how you look at it.

The statement suggests a larger proportion than in reality, no matter how small he says it is, because he is afraid to do something because of them

His statement suggests 1% which is around 30-35 fans which is probably about right if possible a little conservative as an estimation.

Archived