onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank.

keeled56

Advert

I don't fancy JFH.

No experience of adversity as player or manager.

We need someone who can sort out a mess.

And on the flip side to that someone like JFH, who has been at the very top of the game along with doing a great job with Burton, would no doubt inspire our younger players in which we have a lot of in our squad. He would be a much better option that Brown, who is simply the cheapest option for Smurf.

I am pretty sure the actual quote was "a small minority".

Actual quote.

Ninety-nine per cent of our fans are excellent but a small minority leave us with policing and other issues

I don't agree with the way he handled that situation but lets not rewrite history.

Actual quote: "I didn't take him because of the racial issue the club had got. I didn't think it was fair on him."

Saying something like that tars us all with the same brush. I had friends messaging me this story asking what it's like at the club. The impression it gave other fans was like we were one of those Russian clubs throwing bananas on the pitch etc. Completely tarnished our club. The news went global. It was a disgrace.

Actual quote: "I didn't take him because of the racial issue the club had got. I didn't think it was fair on him."

Saying something like that tars us all with the same brush. I had friends messaging me this story asking what it's like at the club. The impression it gave other fans was like we were one of those Russian clubs throwing bananas on the pitch etc. Completely tarnished our club. The news went global. It was a disgrace.

It's also completely the wrong way to approach the issue. Rather than highlighting the fact that Vale have a small racist element and using that as an excuse not to appoint a manager (which was widely condemned by several anti-racism groups) it could have been used as a reason to appoint JFH - in that Vale won't be led by the small racist element and we will appoint the best manager regardless of their race. To educate that minority that the club won't tolerate their behaviour and won't be swayed by their ridiculous views.

Quotes from the anti-racism charity Kick it Out: "This is outrageous that because of the possibility of abuse, he has discriminated against Hasselbaink and denied him the opportunity of being Port Vale manager

"If there's a problem then it needs to be addressed and tackled. If education is needed then let's do something about it.

"It is a sad day for Port Vale Football Club in 2015 when a football club owner admits this.

"Are black managers not capable of protecting themselves? The main criteria should be the best person for the job. Owners and decision makers at football clubs have a duty of care to appoint the best candidate."

Myself and most likely many other Vale fans will take this quote,like many others, with a 'pinch of salt'.

Smurf don't give a hoot what is fair on others. Think about some of the things he has done : the dirty on managers e.g. Page and last years footballers.

Smurf only does what is good for Smurf.

Myself and most likely many other Vale fans will take this quote,like many others, with a 'pinch of salt'.

Smurf don't give a hoot what is fair on others. Think about some of the things he has done : the dirty on managers e.g. Page and last years footballers.

Smurf only does what is good for Smurf.

What hes doing isnt good for him at the moment... unless hes trying to collapse the business.

I think Jacko hit the nail on the head when she suggested he is a little trump double... a trump minime?

Such a decision should be left to JFH..be open and honest with him about the issue the club has re a racist element in its support and show the man some respect by letting him decide if he would still like to join us should an offer come his way. A possible golden chance to shut up the racists and expose them for the idiots that they are was missed.

There were so many issues raised by this whole saga that it became quite clear that Smurf simply should not be in charge of our football club. The things he said were bad enough, but when you consider the fact that it coincided with him putting the club up for sale at the same time, it shows that the bloke just isn't intelligent enough to do what's best for Port Vale, and never will be. What sort of a sales pitch was that?

Not only that, but to lack the foresight to predict the backlash after he'd basically admitted he didn't appoint someone because of the colour of their skin. This is the bloke making all decisions relating to our club. His actions / words, constantly damage the club and it's image, and he doesn't even know when he's doing it.

He doesn't learn either, he's back on twitter over the last few days arguing with fans (customers) again. It's so embarrassing and frustrating for people. He still doesn't get the simple fact that he represents our football club every time he opens his trap, and that there are consequences, often negative. People still support him though. Crazy.

There were so many issues raised by this whole saga that it became quite clear that Smurf simply should not be in charge of our football club. The things he said were bad enough, but when you consider the fact that it coincided with him putting the club up for sale at the same time, it shows that the bloke just isn't intelligent enough to do what's best for Port Vale, and never will be. What sort of a sales pitch was that?

Not only that, but to lack the foresight to predict the backlash after he'd basically admitted he didn't appoint someone because of the colour of their skin. This is the bloke making all decisions relating to our club. His actions / words, constantly damage the club and it's image, and he doesn't even know when he's doing it.

He doesn't learn either, he's back on twitter over the last few days arguing with fans (customers) again. It's so embarrassing and frustrating for people. He still doesn't get the simple fact that he represents our football club every time he opens his trap, and that there are consequences, often negative. People still support him though. Crazy.

I'm sorry but it's not just smurf is it a small element of so called fans can't wait for a snippet of bad news so they can abuse him the club other fans and say there you go I was right firstly who will buy the club if smurf goes like so many of you want him to secondly where will the money for new players come from thirdly Are all you fans who want him to go going put your hands in your pockets and buy the club and run a successful business while constantly being told your **** or your wrong personally I and many other vale fans are sick to the back teeth of all the bickering from all of you that's why crowds have dwindled because all of the negativity that come with supporting port vale

The vast majority are very grateful to NS for buying/saving the club and for some of what he has done since..they simply have grave concerns around him being the man to take the club fwd and many are simply suggesting what they believe he should be doing (including some who believe he should be departing). There is a lot of good will towards NS but he still has to deliver regardless.

I'm sorry but it's not just smurf is it a small element of so called fans can't wait for a snippet of bad news so they can abuse him the club other fans and say there you go I was right firstly who will buy the club if smurf goes like so many of you want him to secondly where will the money for new players come from thirdly Are all you fans who want him to go going put your hands in your pockets and buy the club and run a successful business while constantly being told your **** or your wrong personally I and many other vale fans are sick to the back teeth of all the bickering from all of you that's why crowds have dwindled because all of the negativity that come with supporting port vale

Thanks for going some way to prove a previous post I made about Smurf's supporters.

I think you're getting yourself all worked up without thinking your post through. You start off with "small element" and end by saying they're the reason "crowds have dwindled"? I don't get the link personally, I think you'll need to explain that one a bit better before I can come round to your way of thinking.

"Who will buy the club if Smurf goes"? I see this a lot too. It's a statement that was used frequently by Bratt supporters too, along with, "careful what you wish for". When Smurf put the club up for sale this time last year, he had offers. We'll never know how good they were and who they were from. What I do know, is that it was Smurf's judgement that prevented them from taking over, and I can't recall the last time I viewed his judgement as sound.

Will I put my hands in my pocket and buy the club? No, for a number of reasons. 1. (this is quite a big one) I haven't the funds at my disposal. 2. If I did, would I pay the valuation Smurf puts on the club? 3. Would I be happy owning the football club and not the ground? (are you happy with that situation by the way, you do know we used to own the ground before Smurf came along don't you?).

Are you suggesting with your last point that we should all simply put up and shut up? That we should never comment on (whether that be praise or criticise) Smurf's actions? Is he beyond reproach?

I am not 100% anti Smurf, lets be clear about that. I don't put myself into a category of pro or anti. I base my opinion on his actions, rather than the man himself. If he turns things around and becomes a professional football club chairman that leads us in the right way, then he'll get plenty of praise from me. On the odd occasion I've agreed with something he's done, I've praised him on here and on twitter. But those are so infrequent that it rarely happens.

If you disagree with my view that's fine, but you've said nothing so far that has brought me around to your way of thinking.

Crowds have dwindled for one reason only. The football. Nothing to do, at least to any significant extent, with pies price bickering or pigeon **** on the seats.

Archived