onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank.

keeled56

Advert

well its the future i,m only concerned about i,m sure he is learning from past demeaners

The most recent major decision he undertook was the appointment of Bruno, which was possibly the worst decision he has made since arriving at the club, and will have repercussions for a few seasons. If that's proof of him 'learning', we're finished.

well its the future i,m only concerned about i,m sure he is learning from past demeaners

I dont think its purely Smurf, our fans harp on about our fan base like its 200 church goers and 4000 maximum security inmates on day release. Hes going of what hes told. Smurfs says it as he hears it, spend 20mins looking through the OVF site and you would think we are combat 18 on tour with a few ISIS coming along to liven the place up a bit. Smurf has been given the impression he discussed by the fans who talk loudest

The most recent major decision he undertook was the appointment of Bruno, which was possibly the worst decision he has made since arriving at the club, and will have repercussions for a few seasons. If that's proof of him 'learning', we're finished.

find me a chairman who hasnt regretted hiring a manager......im sure Smurf really wanted to waste hundreds of thousands of pounds and knew he was doing the wrong thing.

But you haven't answered his questions.Just another lame excuse once again to call supporters names.

The irony of this post.

I haven't ever seen/heard any racism during my time following the Vale.

Season ticket for 14 years and go to a few away games per season. I've seen plenty of idiots acting tough, but never any racist actions.

find me a chairman who hasnt regretted hiring a manager......im sure Smurf really wanted to waste hundreds of thousands of pounds and knew he was doing the wrong thing.

Smurf's made two managerial appointments at Port Vale. Bruno Ribeiro resigned from Port Vale on 26th December 2016. Rob Page was sacked by Northampton on 9th January 2017. I'd be staggered to find a chairman who has a 100% regret rate.

I have never doubted that Smurf wants the best for Vale, and he is nowhere near the malicious former owners we had. But if you put me up top for Vale on Saturday, I'd do my very best, not succeed, and never play again. Smurf's done his very best, not succeeded, and should leave to allow someone more capable an opportunity.

Because potentially they like you are choosing to take the story and change the story to meet their needs. We've already seen he's said 99% of us are great.

That makes it sound stupid... isnt that part of life if you are a different colour/race/religion etc. Its not acceptable but factual... or does it only happen at vale

I think what NS said was stupid..if JFH was the best for the job he should have told him that there is an element of racist fans and let JFH make the decision..show him some respect.

I bet others have not recruited someone under similar circumstances for similar reasons..they just didn't come out and say so!!

I don't agree there would be issues at all, do we stop having all black players and staff at the club in case there is an issue or do we educate people by making the club a diverse, multi ethnic place to be.

We should not go out of our way to make it a "diverse, multi ethnic place to be", we should just recruit on merit and we'll end up with a diverse, multi ethnic place where people from whatever background want to work. Best person for the job and all that.

Do newspapers always bother presenting the facts properly? They get pasted from one to another and embellished on the way if it suits. Best to go back to the source of a stupid statement.

I think what NS said was stupid..if JFH was the best for the job he should have told him that there is an element of racist fans and let JFH make the decision..show him some respect.

I bet others have not recruited someone under similar circumstances for similar reasons..they just didn't come out and say so!!

Of course it would not be admitted, plenty of other reasons, not enough experience, wrong style of football, wanted too much money, better other candidates, etc. Equally all types of candidates would avoid certain clubs for various reasons.

Most recent is locking michael brown down for a further 18mths potentially as assistant msnager without the input of the new manager ... Doh

Best post of the thread.

Archived